Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
777-300ER Best seat?

Short Version:

I am flying LHR to HKG in economy on a 777-300ER (77H), which is the best seat to choose?

Long Version:

Same as above. I have chosen 40C as SeatGuru says thats the best one, with no one sitting in front of you. However, on the seat map on CX it shows that 40B is the seat with no one in front. Which is correct?

Is this really the best seat in economy?
Does it still have USB ports and a power port? Are these on the screen arm, or on the seat somehow?
I think I would miss being able to put bits and pieces in the storage under the screen in front, but then perhaps the extra leg room would be much better

Perhaps 59C or H is better?

Any advice? Thanks in advance

Last edited by stickyfingers85; Jan 17, 2014 at 3:27 am
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:27 am
Suspended

Go with 71A

[/thread]
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Go with 71A

[/thread]
Why 71A?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
40C doesn't have a seat in front. The CX seat map is misleading.

CanucksHKG is pulling your leg.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:25 am
Suspended

Sorry, I obviously do not have as much experience as our mod sxc when it comes to cattle class.

However, 40C is one of the seats where you're prone to high foot traffic. You'll be bumped into at least once or twice by passengers walking by...or the food cart. You also face the risk of having a baby near you.

Personally, I would choose to go with 39AB/40HJK or one of the emergency rows. But as you mentioned, you will be missing the little storage area. Not to mention my horrible luck with CX's flip out IFE. They can never hold their position right...or the screen just fail to work as a whole.

Hence why recommended 71A. You get a) a window seat, b) more legroom + storage area to your left, and c) best of all you only have one passenger (if any) beside you. [Vs. having to walk over 2 pax if you were in normal window A seat, or having 2 pax disturb you if you were in a normal C seat]

If I were pulling your leg, I would have straight up recommended you 72E/46E/45C...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice

Do you know if there is seat power and usb available in 40C or the exit row seats?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:18 am

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Sorry, I obviously do not have as much experience as our mod sxc when it comes to cattle class.

However, 40C is one of the seats where you're prone to high foot traffic. You'll be bumped into at least once or twice by passengers walking by...or the food cart. You also face the risk of having a baby near you.

Personally, I would choose to go with 39AB/40HJK or one of the emergency rows. But as you mentioned, you will be missing the little storage area. Not to mention my horrible luck with CX's flip out IFE. They can never hold their position right...or the screen just fail to work as a whole.

Hence why recommended 71A. You get a) a window seat, b) more legroom + storage area to your left, and c) best of all you only have one passenger (if any) beside you. [Vs. having to walk over 2 pax if you were in normal window A seat, or having 2 pax disturb you if you were in a normal C seat]

If I were pulling your leg, I would have straight up recommended you 72E/46E/45C...
Sounds like an interesting seat of 71A. May I add something further to the original questions: as I need to get off earlier, are there any seats in the front sections that can be recommended?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Here's my personal preference, based on the aircraft you provided. Mostly bulkhead seat, 39A, 39C, 39D, 39G, 40C, 40H, 40K, 59C & 59H.

My MOST desirable seats are 39A & 40K, both are Window seats. As both are in the bulkhead, there are extra legroom and yet you can 'walk' out of your seat(to restroom, breaks or stretching) without interfering your neighbors.

At 40C, as there is not seat in front but be aware of people stepping on your foot when the lights are off and when carts are moving during food service. As this seat is half facing the "door" to the front section(either Premium Economy or Business). Some may just walk straight without adjusting to the 'turn' to the Economy Class.

Row 71 is good for couple travelers who don't mind to be the last few to leave the aircraft as there are more room at the window side and yet enjoy the privacy.

All 777-300ER comes with USB and Power Port

Last edited by JohnGreat; Jan 18, 2014 at 7:31 pm Reason: Correction on numbers
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
always, always, the middle section of the 2nd row for me. if best, avoid the IFE box.
for PY, the 1st row is ok.

getting off ASAP in LHR is crucial
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
worth noting for those that aren't aware - OW status members get the exit rows free of charge. Sometimes the system returns a slight glitch with a message about payment or something, but then it confirms it anyway FOC.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:16 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Here's my personal preference, based on the aircraft you provided. Mostly bulkhead seat, 39A, 39C, 39D, 39G, 40C, 40H, 40K, 59C & 59H.

My MOST desirable seats are 39A & 40K, both are Window seats.
From feedback from "tall" people I know they really like those seat , particularly row 39 in particular.

(Maps to row 39 on the A330 - again the front of Y, bulkhead before PEY
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ts-20.html#290
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cat...ays_A330_D.php
http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-and-r...nd-airbus-a330 ).

USB is rather far away tho.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 19, 2014 at 7:07 am
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by percysmith
From feedback from "tall" people I know they really like those seat , particularly row 39 in particular.

(Maps to row 39 on the A330 - again the front of Y, bulkhead before PEY
http://<br /> http://www.flyertalk....ays_A330_D.php
http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-and-r...nd-airbus-a330 ).

USB is rather far away tho.
oh yes the old seats... truly the worst economy seat ever produced? (I like CX's optimism that they might sell excess old seats on ebay... starting bid of 99c and free shipping? nah.)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice

I am considering changing to 40K (free seat selection) but what happens if the baby bassinet in 40J is used, will I still be able to get out easily? Also, for the bulkhead seats, is the TV screen in the arm rest or on the wall?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I am 5' 11" and I find that the row 39/40 bulkheads on the 77W are too tight for my legs. I would go for 40C (I don't mind being knocked by people walking by, and I usually put my rollaboard in front of me to act as a footrest), or one of the emergency exit seats. Just my two cents.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Exclamation

Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Thanks for all the advice

I am considering changing to 40K (free seat selection) but what happens if the baby bassinet in 40J is used, will I still be able to get out easily? Also, for the bulkhead seats, is the TV screen in the arm rest or on the wall?

I must warn you, if the baby bassinet is used, then you are stuck. Do verify at the check-in counter if the baby bassinet will be used. It had never ever occurred to me...... yet(for more than 10 yrs with traveling Trans-Pacific 3 - 4X per yr), maybe I'm a Silver/Gold card.
If I remember correctly, TV screen is by the arm rest under the seat.

Last edited by JohnGreat; Jan 20, 2014 at 3:39 am Reason: Correcting numbers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.