Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:03 am

Flying with my partner later this year on the 77W 4 class in J. Can someone confirm what they mean by "with a touch of a button the seat slides forward allowing passengers to interact with their travel companions over a central Cocktail Table"? Does the seat actually move forward a bit, or am I going to be straining to see the other person like most other reverse herringbone J seats? Thanks!

Source: http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...ckgrounder.pdf (PDF)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Window seats oh CX B77W Y

Hey guys, flying with CX soon to DPS from LHR with a stop over in HKG on the way back.

OWS here and I was able to pre-book extra leg room seats.

For CX252 which I believe is 77H, I was able to book 39AC as I prefer bulk head seats. My question is, I have requested 43JK for CX237 which are exit row seats, it says on seat guru that 43K has a missing window but the CX Fleet Guide published on here says nothing about a missing window. Can anyone confirm if the seat will definitely have a window? I have rang CX to change it to a bulkhead which they are happy to do so but came with a 'you have selected the best seats on the plane, are you sure you want to give it up? You can have the bulkhead but just to make you aware that our crew may have to swap elsewhere as the bulkhead seats have bassinets for babies' which really killed the mood for changing my request. LOL. I had a similar experience with QR but luckily, no babies on the flight!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Flying with my partner later this year on the 77W 4 class in J. Can someone confirm what they mean by "with a touch of a button the seat slides forward allowing passengers to interact with their travel companions over a central Cocktail Table"? Does the seat actually move forward a bit, or am I going to be straining to see the other person like most other reverse herringbone J seats? Thanks!

Source: http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...ckgrounder.pdf (PDF)
The seats do move forward a bit. Yes, you will still be straining like other reverse herringbone.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA
Hi all,

I'm flying CX in J for the first time next Saturday on CX252. Currently I'm in 25K which was the last available window seat, just wondering whether I should move forward in the cabin the something like 18/19 D/G and sacrifice a window seat to get decent meal choices?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by CyberNerd952
Hi all,

I'm flying CX in J for the first time next Saturday on CX252. Currently I'm in 25K which was the last available window seat, just wondering whether I should move forward in the cabin the something like 18/19 D/G and sacrifice a window seat to get decent meal choices?
I thought if you wanted a meal in particular, you could always ask the purser to reserve it for you when she does the greeting? I personally wouldn't want to sacrifice a window seat for a meal choice. If there is a seat in the mini cabin that would be a different story though.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA
Thanks for your response. 12D is available in the mini cabin, but I think I'm going to stick with 25K as I like to look out of the window during take-off and landing, and to be honest it's no biggie if I don't like the meal option I end up with, I could do with losing a few pounds anyway!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm flying ORD-HKG on CX 807, returning the next week on CX 806 in biz.

The second row windows of the mini cabin are either reserved or blocked. The first row has some availability, but says that I can be moved for a priority passenger. So right now I reserved 17K for both of those legs.
The main biz cabin is fairly open (this is for late Aug travel). Are all of the window seats about the same, other than those missing a window?
What are the chances of being moved if I do pick the first row windows of the mini cabin? I'm oneworld emerald (AA EXP), if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm flying ORD-HKG on CX 807, returning the next week on CX 806 in biz.

The second row windows of the mini cabin are either reserved or blocked. The first row has some availability, but says that I can be moved for a priority passenger. So right now I reserved 17K for both of those legs.
The main biz cabin is fairly open (this is for late Aug travel). Are all of the window seats about the same, other than those missing a window?
What are the chances of being moved if I do pick the first row windows of the mini cabin? I'm oneworld emerald (AA EXP), if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
It's a pretty small chance of being moved. (I have never been moved out of a 'priority' seat.)

All the window seats are the same, you don't want to be too close to a galley though. With the 777 the further towards the wings the noise becomes quite noticeable. The mini-cabin wins for being quiet and private.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:42 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Flying on the 77H in PEY. What seat would you recommend that is not an exit row?

I am 6 feet tall (1.82m) will the reclined seat in front of me protrude?

I am looking at 32A. I can't sit in exit row and only 32K is available (not interested in sitting in the middle 4) and isn't the lav right in front?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Flying on the 77H in PEY. What seat would you recommend that is not an exit row?

I am looking at 32A. I can't sit in exit row and only 32K is available (not interested in sitting in the middle 4) and isn't the lav right in front?
32K is the best seat in the cabin! Lots of legroom and on the quieter side of the cabin. The lavatory is in front but the door is the opposite side and you wont be disturbed. The only risk is if a baby turns up in 32H (bassinet seat).

Otherwise, the window pairs are all fairly similar. The seat in front will recline but it's not enough to intrude in your space. It just makes getting out of the seat a little awkward if you have to climb over your seat-mate.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfingboy

32K is directly behind the lav. As with all bulkhead seats, seat width is a bit reduced due to the placement of the IFE monitor inside the armrest. In addition, I believe this seat lacks a foot rest, if that makes a difference to you. Finally, legroom in this seat is a bit limited, as there isn't enough room to fully extend your legs. If slouching, I can fully extend my legs under the seat in front of me on this plane (in non-bulkhead seats), giving me a lot more legroom than 32H/K offer. I'm 5'8", so I'm not sure if this would be possible for taller folks.

32A is a standard (non-bulkhead) PE seat; I flew in this seat a week ago. These seats have a fair amount of recline, so when the person in front of you reclines their seat, it will reduce your workspace substantially. Though leg space should not be impacted. Fine for sleeping, but it can be a bit challenging to get out of the window seat when the pax in front are both reclined. Especially since the armrests cannot be raised.

As mentioned previously, I'd avoid row 30 due to bathroom traffic. I've flown this type around a dozen times thus far and sat all over the PE cabin. I still don't have a clear favorite, though 34A is pretty good because it's quite private and you don't have to worry about reclining into someone else's space...
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by swingaling
32K is directly behind the lav. As with all bulkhead seats, seat width is a bit reduced due to the placement of the IFE monitor inside the armrest. In addition, I believe this seat lacks a foot rest, if that makes a difference to you. Finally, legroom in this seat is a bit limited, as there isn't enough room to fully extend your legs. If slouching, I can fully extend my legs under the seat in front of me on this plane (in non-bulkhead seats), giving me a lot more legroom than 32H/K offer. I'm 5'8", so I'm not sure if this would be possible for taller folks.

32A is a standard (non-bulkhead) PE seat; I flew in this seat a week ago. These seats have a fair amount of recline, so when the person in front of you reclines their seat, it will reduce your workspace substantially. Though leg space should not be impacted. Fine for sleeping, but it can be a bit challenging to get out of the window seat when the pax in front are both reclined. Especially since the armrests cannot be raised.

As mentioned previously, I'd avoid row 30 due to bathroom traffic. I've flown this type around a dozen times thus far and sat all over the PE cabin. I still don't have a clear favorite, though 34A is pretty good because it's quite private and you don't have to worry about reclining into someone else's space...
I'm 6'2" and i have no problems whatsoever stretching my legs out in 32K. Are you sure you're not thinking of 30K on the 77G?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
I'm a big fan of 32K on the 77H. You get the leg rest and then I use the magazine holder as an additional footrest. The only downside is the bassinet seat next to you if you get a baby on board. But since it's bassinet, 32H is usually blocked so there's also a chance of having empty seat next to you. 31A & B are exit row seats with lots of leg room. I have colleagues who take this seat frequently ex-JFK and use a small foldup camping stool as an additional leg rest. As frequently said, I usually avoid row 30 on the 77H due to lavatory traffic.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 1010101
I'm 6'2" and i have no problems whatsoever stretching my legs out in 32K. Are you sure you're not thinking of 30K on the 77G?
I've never flown the 77G, but I was mainly referring to the fact that 32H/K don't provide unlimited legroom due to the bulkhead wall. One may be able to fully extend the legs here, but it depends on body position (upright vs slouching); I'm a sloucher. They do have a bit more legroom than row 30 (due to the extra space allowed for the bassinet), but row 31 probably has the most legroom of any other seats in the cabin. Of course, 31 has no window or magazine rack.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Have 21K reserved at the moment on the 77G. How does this seat compare to 11A/K?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.