Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
First time flying with CX.
Question about 77G 39K (economy) and 77H 30G (PE) seats I have selected for my return flight from Europe.
1) Is it so that in both cases IFE screens are mounted on the wall? So I need to bring longer USB charging cable in order to use USB port located in IFE unit.
2) How about headphone socket? My ATH-ANC33iS noise cancelling earbuds have heavy battery compartment in the middle of the cord so wire hanging on the air off the wall is not an option.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by muhv
First time flying with CX.
Question about 77G 39K (economy) and 77H 30G (PE) seats I have selected for my return flight from Europe.
1) Is it so that in both cases IFE screens are mounted on the wall? So I need to bring longer USB charging cable in order to use USB port located in IFE unit.
2) How about headphone socket? My ATH-ANC33iS noise cancelling earbuds have heavy battery compartment in the middle of the cord so wire hanging on the air off the wall is not an option.
1) In 39K the screen and USB are wall mounted, but in 30G it is a foldable screen and the USB is down by your feet.
2) Headphone sockets are in the armrest on both seat types.

If you can i would move from 30G. Legroom is good but it is right by the toilet door and there will be a lot of light spill and people milling around nearby. Every time i fly that cabin i think how horrible it would be to sit there.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by phol
If you can i would move from 30G. Legroom is good but it is right by the toilet door and there will be a lot of light spill and people milling around nearby. Every time i fly that cabin i think how horrible it would be to sit there.
No accounting for taste, but the front row of PEY is definitely the place to be. IMO (and once again, no accounting for taste), having a real leg rest makes a huge difference in comfort.

There are also two 77W PEY configs -- one with the front lavatory where 30-31HK would be (4-class planes; 77H) and one without (3-class, 77G). Having flown 30G on the config with the front lavatory, I'd agree that on that config, one of the other front-row aisles/windows would be preferable (and 32HK particularly desirable; 30DE might be preferable for a light sleeper) but on the other config, it's no different from 30BCH.

Regardless, I'd still always take one of the front row aisles/windows over 30EG and any of the front-row seats over anything else in PEY (indeed, I'll choose specific flights to get a front row, even if it's not quite my ideal schedule.)
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Better to get 30D if you can for 77H PEY. Or better, 32H/K, 31A/C (best two) (the only four seats I will consider in 77H PEY). 32H is normally blocked until check in opens.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Thanks guys.

Looks like I mixed up 77G and 77H versions in case of my seat 30G in PE booking.
At Cathay website my PE seat map doesn't show lavatory in PE section so it must be 77G then. There are no lavatory between J and PE cabins so I'm safe.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: BA blue
On my CX250 flight on september 18th, expertflyer shows 40C as available, but when i go to select my seat on the CX website it's not available, and it hasn't been since i booked the flight a couple months ago, is it just not aviailable for me as a OWS or is expertlfyer wrong?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:34 pm

I'm taking my first CX flight from SFO to HKG. I've read all the posts in this thread, and don't see much info on seats 39 D, E, G. Right now I'm in 39D. But 40K is also open....is it worth switching to 40K and risk being next to the basinet? I'm indifferent about a window seat, but definitely want extra legroom. Also, on the CX App Seat Map, it has 40D and 40G listed as Premium Seats. Why is that? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by crashbubba
I'm taking my first CX flight from SFO to HKG. I've read all the posts in this thread, and don't see much info on seats 39 D, E, G. Right now I'm in 39D. But 40K is also open....is it worth switching to 40K and risk being next to the basinet? I'm indifferent about a window seat, but definitely want extra legroom. Also, on the CX App Seat Map, it has 40D and 40G listed as Premium Seats. Why is that? Thanks.
Are you on a 77H or 77G? You mentioned 40K is next to a bassinet. I suppose you are on a 77H (CX873). There is a difference, but not much for the few seats you mentioned:
* 39D/E/G are bulkhead seats - somebody likes it, and somebody hates it. I don't like bulkhead seats.
* 40K is not a long legroom seat. Whether or not you have a baby next to you is unknown. Personally I like aisle seat.
* CX has a habit of designating their front rows in economy for their premium passengers.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:54 pm

Thanks for the info! Not really sure if I'm on a 77H or 77G. Reservation says 77W (CX879). I'll probably stick to my bulkhead seat. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by crashbubba
Thanks for the info! Not really sure if I'm on a 77H or 77G. Reservation says 77W (CX879). I'll probably stick to my bulkhead seat. Thanks!
The 870/879 rotation is operated by a 77G IIRC. Bassinet position are at 39AC and HK. The leg room for this row at the windows is slightly larger than the middle bulkhead rows. The only downside is the bassinet, but being in the middle bulkhead rows, you are not much better off as the bassinet position is positioned aligned to this row.

40K on 77G is not a bulkhead
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hi Guys,

I am on a lastminute booking in Business class from YVR-HKG. It is the 777 with no first class(CX837). I wanted a window seat and there was only 19K and 21A. I have chosen 21A, is this the best choice? I understand it is near bathroom but I wanted a window and seatguru says 19k has no window.

Just wanted to confirm this was correct because seatguru is often wrong. I have searched a fair bit but there is misleading info (some people say 19k does have a window?).

EDIT: I think 19k on the 77D has a window but I am on the 77G(I think) so 19k def does not have window. There are more than one seat in row 15, so this means 77G right? Looks like 21A is best choice of the two.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hi Guys,

I am on a lastminute booking in Business class from YVR-HKG. It is the 777 with no first class(CX837). I wanted a window seat and there was only 19K and 21A. I have chosen 21A, is this the best choice? I understand it is near bathroom but I wanted a window and seatguru says 19k has no window.

Just wanted to confirm this was correct because seatguru is often wrong. I have searched a fair bit but there is misleading info (some people say 19k does have a window?).
19AK are missing one window and each seat has at least 2. But yeah, it can be a problem if you like a window right beside you. 21A is just fine. I don't think the bathroom will be too much of a problem.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
19AK are missing one window and each seat has at least 2. But yeah, it can be a problem if you like a window right beside you. 21A is just fine. I don't think the bathroom will be too much of a problem.
Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:53 pm

Pretty intense thread. Can anyone just give me a few sentences on why I might choose PE on Cathay vs. trying to go out of my way to fly Biz on someone else?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jakemalloy
Pretty intense thread. Can anyone just give me a few sentences on why I might choose PE on Cathay vs. trying to go out of my way to fly Biz on someone else?
I don't know how PE vs J on other carriers have a lot to do with a thread discussing which seats to pick on a particular aircraft. Anyway, I think Cathay PE is a good value if and only if you have top-tier elite status, get the first row with legrests, and do not absolutely need a good night's sleep on the flight.

And of course with the first condition comes high chances of op ups

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.