Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:29 am

True, however I dislike having to look down at the IFE rather than having it at eye level, and also having to keep it stowed for large portions of take off and landing procedure rather than watching movies.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
3 class 77W and in 11K at the moment.
21A and K just opened up. Worth to move? Which is a better seat?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
3 class 77W and in 11K at the moment.
21A and K just opened up. Worth to move? Which is a better seat?
Personally I would take row 21 - farther away from the galley right at the front where crew might tend to congregate outside of meal times. Also the fuselage at row 21 is wider - it starts to taper right at the front. I think overall there is more sense of space at 21. But the engine noise will be noticeably louder.

A or K - depends which side you prefer to sleep on (you possibly want your face away from the aisle as you're trying to sleep)
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Personally I would take row 21 - farther away from the galley right at the front where crew might tend to congregate outside of meal times. Also the fuselage at row 21 is wider - it starts to taper right at the front. I think overall there is more sense of space at 21. But the engine noise will be noticeably louder.

A or K - depends which side you prefer to sleep on (you possibly want your face away from the aisle as you're trying to sleep)
I concur. I like "A" as it is closer to the Toliet. I did not find engine noise to be bothersome.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Sorry for bumping this thread. I'm a little confused with the terminology used in the Wiki. I'll be flying CX888 in J. CX's website says it's a Boeing 777-300ER. I'm currently in 17A. Is this any good? Currently 15A and 17K are still available. Which one would you guys pick?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Sorry for bumping this thread. I'm a little confused with the terminology used in the Wiki. I'll be flying CX888 in J. CX's website says it's a Boeing 777-300ER. I'm currently in 17A. Is this any good? Currently 15A and 17K are still available. Which one would you guys pick?
the one you're looking for in the wiki is "77H"
(if you decide to follow the link there, note that the "77A" seat map technically could possibly apply to your flight but is irrelevant since the difference is only in Y)
15A has about 1/4 of a window but more footwell space compared to the others. See this amusing post about sleeping backwards:
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I share your opinion about that seat. I like the windows. However, I have a few ex-colleagues who swear by that seat. They prefer being served first and having generally better service standards (things like the meal cart is rarely blocking your seat, crew tend to be more proactively attentive to the rows closer to the galley, etc.). They don't like the mini-cabin because they think it gets too bright if people open the windows. To each their own...I far prefer the mini-cabin.

I will add that the foot stowage area in 15A seat is larger than the rest. It is on par with 11A and K, which I believe also have extra foot space. I've actually spent half a flight sleeping backwards in 15A on 77H, and it was quite enjoyable (I've done this also on 33G in seat 19A, a bulkhead behind the rear, unused galley). Aka your head goes where the feet are supposed to be. It's remarkably comfortable and private. The problem is I just have a fear that if we hit turbulence, my head is going to smack the seat casing, so I've only tried that a few times. More just to see if it worked and it was comfortable. However, if folks were to go with the reverse sleeping style, I think 15A would be a splendid choice.

Finally, for those who might come across this thread but be unfamiliar with CX - the OP is talking about "77H". CX's 77Ws have two configs - 77G and 77H - and what he's talking about is only applicable to 77H.
lsquare and OneWorldLoyalist like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
hi- just booked HKG-DEL in J on a 773 for my family this summer. I think it is a four class 77G configuration (business cabin starts at 11 behind the lavs/galleys, and there's a mini cabin 20-23)? Was thinking of grabbing rows 12 and 15 or 15 and 16, as I generally prefer to be towards the front of the cabin (but not too close to the galley). I see a note in the wiki, however, that 15a has no window. Is the same true for 15k? I'm planning to put the kids in the window seats, and they'd be sad to discover no window, in which case I'd take 16 and 17 even though they're farther back. thanks for your help!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by whimsey21
hi- just booked HKG-DEL in J on a 773 for my family this summer. I think it is a four class 77G configuration (business cabin starts at 11 behind the lavs/galleys, and there's a mini cabin 20-23)? Was thinking of grabbing rows 12 and 15 or 15 and 16, as I generally prefer to be towards the front of the cabin (but not too close to the galley). I see a note in the wiki, however, that 15a has no window. Is the same true for 15k? I'm planning to put the kids in the window seats, and they'd be sad to discover no window, in which case I'd take 16 and 17 even though they're farther back. thanks for your help!
that’s a 3 class 77W you are referring to.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
that’s a 3 class 77W you are referring to.
got it- thanks! The cx website seemed to be selling first on this flight so I was confused. In that case I assume I’m good with any of the rows mentioned in my post?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by whimsey21
got it- thanks! The cx website seemed to be selling first on this flight so I was confused. In that case I assume I’m good with any of the rows mentioned in my post?
Row 19 has no windows. Row 11 is busy and noisy.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Originally Posted by Cryofern
the one you're looking for in the wiki is "77H"
(if you decide to follow the link there, note that the "77A" seat map technically could possibly apply to your flight but is irrelevant since the difference is only in Y)
15A has about 1/4 of a window but more footwell space compared to the others. See this amusing post about sleeping backwards:
I normally sleep fine sleeping " the correct now" Thanks to this post, out of curiosity Im gonna try this on my flight to YVR this weekend. Im sure i will be getting loads of weird looks hahaha,
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:32 pm

Can anyone comment on the middle J seats on these planes? Im due to fly in 2 weeks from JFK and currently selected the middle seats with my fiance. I realize we won't really be able to talk during the flight, so want to ensure we are the most comfortable. Aside from bulkhead seats, are the foot-wells generally the same or are the windows typically bigger than middle seats?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by shmuey
Can anyone comment on the middle J seats on these planes? Im due to fly in 2 weeks from JFK and currently selected the middle seats with my fiance. I realize we won't really be able to talk during the flight, so want to ensure we are the most comfortable. Aside from bulkhead seats, are the foot-wells generally the same or are the windows typically bigger than middle seats?
I haven’t noticed the footwells to be any larger at the bulkheads.

Generally speaking, the window seats offer more sense of space... private and individual, plus control of the window shades. Personally I’d be booking two windows as a couple, not really much of a benefit being stuck in the middle.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:10 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by shmuey
I realize we won't really be able to talk during the flight
Its optional talk. If my wife and I want a conversation while sitting in the middle seats, we can talk by sliding our seats half forward.

I usually indicate I want a talk by peering over her seat and pointing to my headphones.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Generally speaking, the window seats offer more sense of space... private and individual, plus control of the window shades. Personally I’d be booking two windows as a couple, not really much of a benefit being stuck in the middle.
My parents do the same. They'd rather both have a window and minimise talk aboard. If need to, one can always stand up (on the way to or back from lavatory) and go to the other's seat. In fact, my parents would prefer to have two separated window seats (even if not on the same aisle) than 2 middle seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.