Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
The way the seats are in J class, I suspect, is to discourage people from talking too much. When people around you chat LOUDLY NON-STOP, It's annoying as F on a flight, especially long haul.

You are better off in PE window and aisle seat if you want to chat/hold hands/be lovey dovey on a Transpac Cathay flight. Less expensive too too.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:35 am

Booked on a 3-class B77W from SYD-HKG. Is 11A/K alright in terms of noise and privacy?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by eminere
Booked on a 3-class B77W from SYD-HKG. Is 11A/K alright in terms of noise and privacy?
11K is right by the galley, with extra cabin crew traffic, and noise. 11A has a foot traffic to the WC.

There’s little or no advantage on CX’s biz class seats to be at the bulkhead in terms of more room, so go for peace and quiet about mid cabin, A side (K side has additional cabin crew traffic to/from galley).
eminere likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
11K is right by the galley, with extra cabin crew traffic, and noise. 11A has a foot traffic to the WC.

There’s little or no advantage on CX’s biz class seats to be at the bulkhead in terms of more room, so go for peace and quiet about mid cabin, A side (K side has additional cabin crew traffic to/from galley).
+1. I like 15A, 16A, or 17A on that airplane.
eminere likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:51 am

Ah, wasn't aware that was the case. Had assumed the footwell would be larger at the bulkhead seats.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eminere
Ah, wasn't aware that was the case. Had assumed the footwell would be larger at the bulkhead seats.
It's reverse herringbone - if there is a difference it must be minor (I have never noticed), and not enough to off-set the benefits of sitting mid-cabin.* Agree that larger footwells at the bulkheads are a feature of many other types of seating.

*the only exception to this would be rows 11+12 on the 4-class plane given they are in a private mini-cabin and no forward traffic due to First class. .
eminere likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
So looking at booking seats in 32H/K for me and my partner, we are able to select them. How does the bassinet situation actually work? If someone books a seat in Y+ with an infant, will they re-assign them when they are booking their ticket with the infant. Or can the FAs just see there is an infant and ask us to trade seats with them? i.e. when will I know our seats are secure or is it not certain until the plane door closes?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
No, bulkhead footwell is larger particularly 11D/G. It's not all pros with those seats.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
I’m flying hkg-cdg in late march in J with 4 class 77w. Does anyone have any recommendations for window seats if I want to have the most number of windows?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by oscarwong20
I’m flying hkg-cdg in late march in J with 4 class 77w. Does anyone have any recommendations for window seats if I want to have the most number of windows?
Most seats except 15A, you get 1.5 to nearly 2 windows. For a 4 class 77W I will do rows 11 or 12 anytime regardless of windows. If window is really of concern, do rows 1 or 2
oscarwong20 likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Would you take a middle seat in J of 77K over 11K (first row window seat) due to galley noise?
Old May 18, 2023, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sklo
Would you take a middle seat in J of 77K over 11K (first row window seat) due to galley noise?
No. The benefits of a window seat outweigh those in the centre, even if close to the galley.
sklo likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 8:52 pm

No. The benefits of a window seat outweigh those in the centre, even if close to the galley.
22A and 22K are also both open. But I guess I'll stick with 11K in case there's a baby in the mini J cabin. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by sklo
22A and 22K are also both open. But I guess I'll stick with 11K in case there's a baby in the mini J cabin. Thanks!
Probably route and luck dependent but I haven't seen babies too much in CX J cabin. Meanwhile Cathay consistently have the loudest galley noises (even with earplugs on) of all the airlines I fly. It amazes me how many times they can be opening and closing the galley trolleys/equipments on a 15hour flight, plus all the non-stop chatting.

Row 22 will get served later though, especially with the newer J service I find that if I am to the front of the cabin I would be done eating for more than awhile and they are still running the trays to the back. Not sure whether the mini-cabin gets served sooner by the second galley though.

Between 22A and 22K, 22K probably gets less foot traffic due to the lav being across 20D.
sklo likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by etkuo
Probably route and luck dependent but I haven't seen babies too much in CX J cabin. Meanwhile Cathay consistently have the loudest galley noises (even with earplugs on) of all the airlines I fly. It amazes me how many times they can be opening and closing the galley trolleys/equipments on a 15hour flight, plus all the non-stop chatting.

Row 22 will get served later though, especially with the newer J service I find that if I am to the front of the cabin I would be done eating for more than awhile and they are still running the trays to the back. Not sure whether the mini-cabin gets served sooner by the second galley though.

Between 22A and 22K, 22K probably gets less foot traffic due to the lav being across 20D.
Interesting and thanks for the insight. Maybe I'll wait awhile to see if any of the 15-18 A/K seats open up. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.