Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles phones always busy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:22 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
Just tried to show an auntie the mandarin line but couldn't get through. Mandarin line performance isn't as consistent on weekends as on weekdays.

Edit Mon 11 Jul 10:45AM: Mandarin line going straight through again - so Mandarin line's only really good for office hours.
Update Sun 17 Jul 5:21PM: Mandarin line down. I guess the BJers aren't too keen on working weekends (balance of life? haha). Make all your queries during office hours then...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:03 pm

I still find Cantonese the most reliable (for SL and above)... after seeing the difference between GR and SL/GO/DM, I'd have to say that one of the big benefits for hitting SL would be how much quicker you get through AM/MPC lines... a world of difference.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
I still find Cantonese the most reliable (for SL and above)... after seeing the difference between GR and SL/GO/DM, I'd have to say that one of the big benefits for hitting SL would be how much quicker you get through AM/MPC lines... a world of difference.
Are you only comparing Canto to English or Canto to Mandarin as well? PCCW operators (HK daytime operators) are native Cantonese speakers who are ESL...so of course Cantonese better.

I have yet to ask really difficult upgrades from the Beijing call centre...like mutiple stop routing on an OW partner airline...but I like the skill they've demonstrated with my simple requests so far.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:21 am

Are you only comparing Canto to English or Canto to Mandarin as well? PCCW operators (HK daytime operators) are native Cantonese speakers who are ESL...so of course Cantonese better.

I have yet to ask really difficult upgrades from the Beijing call centre...like mutiple stop routing on an OW partner airline...but I like the skill they've demonstrated with my simple requests so far.
Good to know, I will try Mandarin line sometime. The English line is really a mixed bag lately... I would get great service, and then average service...
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Update Sun 17 Jul 5:21PM: Mandarin line down. I guess the BJers aren't too keen on working weekends (balance of life? haha). Make all your queries during office hours then...
The Beijing call centre is open 8AM-11PM from Monday to Saturday (GMT+8) only.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum, KF Gold
Asia Miles phone line always busy?

I have been trying to get through the AM line for the past 2 weeks (tried everyday and at different times of the day), either the line is engaged or it got through but was put on hold for over an hour of wait and then the line got dropped off.

How can the phone line is forever busy? Is CX cutting cost to this extent?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
This is normal. CX hotlines have one of the worst wait time if you are non-CX elites! Since you are MPC SL, why not call the MPC line instead? That one should have considerably shorter wait for MPC SL members
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Call when the lines open - HKG time. This worked for me. Still had a long wait, be patient.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:16 am

3TEN - PCCW English and Cantonese lines outsourced to PCCW in Tsuen Wan http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-mpc-2.html#19

If you can manage a booking in Mandarin and can call between 8am and 11pm Mon-Sat then selecting "3" for language will get you routed to Beijing Centre which is a lot faster http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...busy-6.html#80
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
www.scmp.com
12 Sep 2011

Letters to Editor from Neil Chase (former RTHK presenter)

Is anybody there at Cathay?

For anyone who has been kept on hold while calling Cathay Pacific (SEHK: 0293), the irony is in the on-hold music.

The track used is Feel by Robbie Williams, and one line of the lyrics is,
"I wanna contact the living".

For those who have been kept holding longer than they would like, that seems particularly appropriate.

Neil Chase, New York, US
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: CX, SQ, UA
For Marco Polo Club Member, call 2747 5500, which is always faster than the Asiamiles hotline (2747 3838).
And the English line is always quicker than the Cantonese line.
What make it quicker is that during weekend (esp. Sunday) afternoon time (Hong Kong time) is probably the best time to call.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Two data points from the last couple of weeks calling the Marco Polo line as a Green member: at 11pm HKT the wait was about 55 minutes; at 1:30am HKT the wait was about 20 minutes.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:08 am

CX DM waited 5 minutes today

Just for the record, I used the 2747-3888 Diamond number. Waited 5 minutes (usually the phone call is picked up right away). So if a Diamond waited 5 minutes.... (8 a.m. EST, 8 p.m. local Hong Kong time)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have something funny.

Do you guys ever notice that your choice of language in fact affect your hold time?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:43 am

Update 7 Oct: needed an MPO agent to confirm miles and YQ for a YYZ-BKK-YYZ J routing http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post17234593 and got a BJ Mandarin one in 2 minutes even at 6:21PM HK time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.