Search

Asia Miles phones always busy?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by garykung
I have something funny.

Do you guys ever notice that your choice of language in fact affect your hold time?
Not news Gary...if you speak Mandarin, you get an operator in 2 mins even at 6PM today http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post17234610
Old Oct 7, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by percysmith
Not news Gary...if you speak Mandarin, you get an operator in 2 mins even at 6PM today http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post17234610
I merged the two threads on the same topic.

Thanks,

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:02 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

It's been two weeks, they haven't called back. Looks like my calls get diverted to /dev/null
I tried Manila and Beijing centres today at noon. Hit the old voice mail system in Manila. In Beijing a general operator took down my MPO number, booking reference and request details, and did actually call back at 1PM.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:33 am

MPO service centre availability is always in a state of flux.

Today - GR number:
- Mandarin daytime hours: manned callback (left number 10AM and hasn't called me back yet)
- Cantonese: manned callback (didn't bother to leave number)
- English: put through to a Manila call centre agent right away. This agent can do bookings.

However this is not my booking - it's my colleague's who want to book three open jaw tix for Christmas including his parents' who aren't even AM. And his English isn't great so there'll be considerable lost in translation when we book through Manila centre.

P.S. can we redeem an open jaw award online? Other than the open jaw feature, this are really a straight redemptions.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:50 am
Suspended

That's why u should get DM never had problems before
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
That's why u should get DM never had problems before
Won't help. It's my colleague and I'm not flying. I don't think you can get into the system with a DM number then work solely on a AM (non-MPO) member's A/C.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: pleb
I've recently been calling AM frequently to get upgrades for my flights. This has involved probably more than 10 calls in the past 2 months, checking for upgrade availability, booking and holding, changing schedules and award legs, etc.

I've noticed that in all my calls, I have not had to wait more than a minute, with most times getting to an agent immediately. This is a huge improvement to their service versus earlier this year when I would be on hold for 10+ min.

I am calling the US number, usually around noon and after 3pm.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Won't help. It's my colleague and I'm not flying. I don't think you can get into the system with a DM number then work solely on a AM (non-MPO) member's A/C.
well..... lets just say it is possible but best not to abuse this.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
MPO service centre availability is always in a state of flux.

Today - GR number:
- Mandarin daytime hours: manned callback (left number 10AM and hasn't called me back yet)
- Cantonese: manned callback (didn't bother to leave number)
- English: put through to a Manila call centre agent right away. This agent can do bookings.

However this is not my booking - it's my colleague's who want to book three open jaw tix for Christmas including his parents' who aren't even AM. And his English isn't great so there'll be considerable lost in translation when we book through Manila centre.

P.S. can we redeem an open jaw award online? Other than the open jaw feature, this are really a straight redemptions.
I don't think so
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by nightkhan
I've recently been calling AM frequently to get upgrades for my flights. This has involved probably more than 10 calls in the past 2 months, checking for upgrade availability, booking and holding, changing schedules and award legs, etc.

I've noticed that in all my calls, I have not had to wait more than a minute, with most times getting to an agent immediately. This is a huge improvement to their service versus earlier this year when I would be on hold for 10+ min.

I am calling the US number, usually around noon and after 3pm.
English is good now.

Mandarin operator just returned call, almost 24 hours after I left message. My colleague managed to get through to Canto Tsuen Wan Centre at 11PM last night.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I am GO but both my parents are now GRs (ex-GOs). Usually what I do is I ask some random questions about my own bookings and then do the real business for my parents.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
avoid English line. You get routed instantly to a Manilla call center staffed with clueless agents. There's reason it gets connected right away.

Your best bet is call early morning or late night to HK line...

I use Japanese line now.... thankfully no china or manilla based clowns can speak japanese....
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:28 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I am GO but both my parents are now GRs (ex-GOs). Usually what I do is I ask some random questions about my own bookings and then do the real business for my parents.
Are you redeeming out of your own account tho?

My manager tried using my director's GO (I nicked my director's GO number), but the operator refused to process transactions deducting out of the managaer's GR account instead of the director's GO account.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:53 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by fakecd
avoid English line. You get routed instantly to a Manilla call center staffed with clueless agents. There's reason it gets connected right away.

Your best bet is call early morning or late night to HK line...

I use Japanese line now.... thankfully no china or manilla based clowns can speak japanese....
The Beijing lot are reasonably well trained. They haven't thrown any of my requests back at me, tho I haven't done much complicated stuff that's harder than partner redemption.

Manila crew's pathetic...took me 11 minutes after connection to get a date changed...while I was roaming in Seoul...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National

Are you redeeming out of your own account tho?

My manager tried using my director's GO (I nicked my director's GO number), but the operator refused to process transactions deducting out of the managaer's GR account instead of the director's GO account.
No...was changing their reservation redeemed from their miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.