FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Asia Miles phones always busy? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1061426-asia-miles-phones-always-busy.html)

shuuy Mar 10, 2010 8:40 am

Asia Miles phones always busy?

I've been trying to pay for an Asia Miles ticket I've put on hold for 24 hours. Every time I call in (Canadian, US, Hong Kong numbers) I get a busy signal!

Is there some massive devaluation coming or have they cut back in the number of lines? I've been forced to leave a message or hold for 45 minutes at times. But a busy signal?!

Psychiatrist Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am

As mentioned in previous threads, you can try calling at 2pm sharp (right after the lunch break) and after midnight. I'm referring to HK time.

Of course, the SM/GM/DMs here have no problems getting through ....

midlevels Mar 12, 2010 7:23 am

Busy signal is very normal these days. Usually I have to try about 5-10 times on 27475500 before I get through.

Once I'm through though, wait times are very short. Usually less than a minute.

christep Mar 12, 2010 7:31 am

I guess this is cost cutting by CX - they have to pay quite a lot of money for the forwarding of calls from overseas numbers to the HK call centre (particularly the +800 2747 5500 one) so it saves them quite a lot to return busy and maintain a much shorter queue.

IncyWincy Mar 14, 2010 9:58 am

SM=Silver?

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist (Post 13549428)
As mentioned in previous threads, you can try calling at 2pm sharp (right after the lunch break) and after midnight. I'm referring to HK time.

Of course, the SM/GM/DMs here have no problems getting through ....

Did you mean Silvers can have this privilege too?

fsklee Mar 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy (Post 13573476)
Did you mean Silvers can have this privilege too?

There is no difference calling the AM line, but MPC members can call the MPC line. The priorities at the MPC line depend on tier levels - GRs the lowest, then SLs, then GOs. DMs can call a dedicated number that can even bypass engaged tones.

Iamhappy Mar 15, 2010 7:58 am

MPC hotline is getting ridiculous too

Is it just me? Or is the MPC hotline getting more difficult to get through too? When I say get through, I simply mean getting connected (instead of getting an engaged tone). :rolleyes:

Have tried calling a few times over the last 3 or 4 days (calling from HK, so no extra cost to CX), and I need to redial somewhere between 5 and 20 times before getting the "Welcome to the Marco Polo Club. For English, please press 1.". :(

To reduce the workload of the MPC CSRs (who I have to say are very good at their job ^), anyone know of a better way for MPC members to check on availability of seats available for redemption on BA using Asia Miles without calling MPC? @:-) Thanks a lot.

shuuy Mar 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by christep (Post 13562232)
I guess this is cost cutting by CX - they have to pay quite a lot of money for the forwarding of calls from overseas numbers to the HK call centre (particularly the +800 2747 5500 one) so it saves them quite a lot to return busy and maintain a much shorter queue.

Well maybe they could invest in an IT service to allow for online redemptions.

Even when I skype the local HK number (free for me, cheaper for them, win win) I get similar busy signal rates

shuuy Mar 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Iamhappy (Post 13578472)
Is it just me? Or is the MPC hotline getting more difficult to get through too? When I say get through, I simply mean getting connected (instead of getting an engaged tone). :rolleyes:

Have tried calling a few times over the last 3 or 4 days (calling from HK, so no extra cost to CX), and I need to redial somewhere between 5 and 20 times before getting the "Welcome to the Marco Polo Club. For English, please press 1.". :(

To reduce the workload of the MPC CSRs (who I have to say are very good at their job ^), anyone know of a better way for MPC members to check on availability of seats available for redemption on BA using Asia Miles without calling MPC? @:-) Thanks a lot.

My investment in KVSTool Diamond access has been value for money. (www.kvstool.com)

Iamhappy Mar 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks YYCOllie, but is there anything web-based? Can't download and install too many things onto the company laptop otherwise IT will not be happy bunnies?

kchika Mar 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Sign up for BA Executive Club or QF Frequent Flyer. Both will show award availability with BA.

Iamhappy Mar 17, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks kchika.

Do we know if the BA website will show availability of award seats using Asiamiles? Or to put it differently, are the same award seats given to BAEC members using BA miles and Asia Miles members using Asia miles?

shuuy Mar 19, 2010 6:29 pm

KVS also has a mobile.kvstool.com - the alternate is www.expertflyer.com - just as powerful, but a bit less user friendly.

kchika Mar 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Iamhappy (Post 13591538)
Thanks kchika.

Do we know if the BA website will show availability of award seats using Asiamiles? Or to put it differently, are the same award seats given to BAEC members using BA miles and Asia Miles members using Asia miles?

I've had no problems at all getting MPO to book the award seats that are shown as available on both sites.

Iamhappy Mar 20, 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by kchika (Post 13610371)
I've had no problems at all getting MPO to book the award seats that are shown as available on both sites.

Thanks kchika, will give it a shot.