Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premier! (real not fake)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Abstract1
Thank you all very much for your congrats......As i said i will be sharing all with you after my first flight.....from T1 though unfortunately so no CCR!!
+1 on the congrats... I shall not be joining you on your elevated status any year soon - unless you are guesting FT'ers into the CCR some time (keep an eye on ba97.com for new found mates!! )

Now I dont wish to rain on your parade as they say, but I fear your flight in February will lack both CCR and even BA terraces if you are going from T1. As ba.com now tells you:
"Please note - British Airways' lounge facilities near Heathrow Terminal 1 Gate 5 will be closed from 22 January 2009."

You will however be allowed into the Star Alliance lounge though (where the old BA intl lounges were, next to Tumi). The site then says:
"In order to facilitate the continued redevelopment of Terminal 1, we handed back our Terraces lounge facilities by Gate 5 on 22 January 2009.
Eligible customers flying from Heathrow Terminal 1 can instead make use of the Star Alliance lounge*.
Once you have cleared security, please turn right and visit the British Airways Customer Service Desk outside the Star Alliance lounge, where you will be issued with a lounge invitation.
There are no flight announcements within the Star Alliance lounge, but all information relating to British Airways flights will be displayed on the screens in the lounge.

*Please note: At peak times during the day, access to the Star Alliance lounge may be restricted due to capacity limits." [my bolding]

Now, that sounds a bit ominous for your first flight in the new status, because if they are a bit busy and SS dont make sure you can get in, you are going to have to sit outside, because you need BD*G to get in .... so can I suggest a quick request for a status match to BD just in case
[for the avoidance of doubt - the above advice is meant in a humourous and jocular spirit ... as some threads on his forum have got a little over exited today}
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
My waiter at the hotel breakfast this morning was called Prem - small world eh? He didn't have a BA Premier card though I checked
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:24 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=antichef;11125330]

You will however be allowed into the Star Alliance lounge though (where the old BA intl lounges were, next to Tumi). The site then says:
"In order to facilitate the continued redevelopment of Terminal 1, we handed back our Terraces lounge facilities by Gate 5 on 22 January 2009.
Eligible customers flying from Heathrow Terminal 1 can instead make use of the Star Alliance lounge*.
Once you have cleared security, please turn right and visit the British Airways Customer Service Desk outside the Star Alliance lounge, where you will be issued with a lounge invitation.
There are no flight announcements within the Star Alliance lounge, but all information relating to British Airways flights will be displayed on the screens in the lounge.

QUOTE]

I quite enjoyed the views from the temporary T1 lounge...Am i right in thinking that the * alliance lounge is the old BA F and J lounges?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
[QUOTE=Abstract1;11127249]
Originally Posted by antichef

I quite enjoyed the views from the temporary T1 lounge...Am i right in thinking that the * alliance lounge is the old BA F and J lounges?
Thats right

One interesting thing to know when you visit is whether you are allowed into the F side of the *A lounge rather than the J side and if so whether this privilege extends to mere Golds.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.

But that's not all...there are many other factors that are included when they consider who to make prem...
Like loosing Posh's luggage
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by kepiblanc
What amazes me is how the mere mention of the words "BA Premier" have many of you wetting yourselves in anticipation of communicating with someone you deem to be almost God like.

KB

HAHAHAHAHA!! I was thinking the exact same thing!

But congrats to Abstract1 for really earning it and I will be really interested in reading if the premier status actually makes a big difference to your BA travel experience.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonWB
I'd like to see Abstract1 delay one of BAPremier's flights for a change
Go ahead, make my day!

Welcome to the club Abstract1! ^
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
So we now have three Prem's on the board?

Myself
Merry - I believe Merry has the VS equivalent also
Abstract1

Who were the fakes?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by BAPremier
So we now have three Prem's on the board?

Myself
Abstract1

Who were the fakes?
I think Merry, although not having posted in years, announced he was downgraded back to Gold a few years ago when the ECCA (?) program was canned. He had the Air France version too, Club 2000, I think.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
What was the VS equivalent called? what kind of benefits were offered?

Anyway, Congrats Abstract1^. Are there some benefits e.g. from partners included. With the LH Hon card you get status in hotel programms (HHGold??) or car rental programss (Avis Presidents Club, Sixt Diamond)?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Who were the fakes?
Well they could be spotted a mile off. Usually had a very low post count, had rich daddies and talked bull.There has been a couple that I can remember but they didn't hang about long after being set upon by the baying crowd.

At least I think they were fakes.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
...I quite enjoyed the views from the temporary T1 lounge...Am i right in thinking that the * alliance lounge is the old BA F and J lounges?
L-o-M got my/your quotes wrong, but little matters. Yes, you are right. have not yet seen which lounge they will let you into at Star Alliance lounge. If you wish to look on the bmi board you will find plenty of info at to what it consists of (and a trip report from me with photos just after opening somewhere),

The interesting aspect is that BA are guesting into the lounge, so i suspect you will get normal business access, (old BA F lounge) which is what BD*G get when flying domestic or international on any ticket. There is a First Class section (part of old BA J lounge), which you have to be flying First Class to get into (not like the old confusion of BA GCH in the FIRST lounge!). I would be curious to see if BA have a special deal for you...?
- of course you would not be allowed in on status alone if you were flying *A unless you were on a biz ticket, since you are only *S, they are very strict on only letting *G into their lounge
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by silversurfer

VS's version is called Unique or something like that.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Having a very far distant Prem relative, I understood that the accessory double-kid-extra-wide-mega-stroller was a cause for immediate card cancel
Just as well. ^

Any Prem pushing his/her own buggy is clear a fake.

Congrats on the status though! ^

Just out of interest, how many luggage tags do you get as a Prem?

I was once on a flight with what appeared to be Posh's travelling entourage although she did not seem to be in attendance herself. Counted at least four expensive looking pieces of hand luggage each with a black EC luggage tag. I only caught a glimpse of one of these but it was indeed a Premier tag with her name on it so can only assume the others were the same.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Originally Posted by ba bob
VS's version is called Unique or something like that.
I thought it was called V50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.