Wiki Posts
Search

New Premier! (real not fake)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Abstract1
well somebody has done their homework!!!!! there aint no 9 on mine though unfortunately!
Not the thread I was thinking of, but, anyway...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ip-number.html

Merry was/is a Prem too and there is another post there about the 360x concept. I think I wasn't remembering it quite right, but the gist was there
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Congratulations!

Just, please, do not go making your own tea in the galley! That was my first experience of a Prem Pax back from CPH... Came out of the flight deck (whilst still on the ground) to find him routing around the trollies to find a cup and tea making materials... I did not know what to say!!!
Tell that story to any BA staff member who's been in the company a few years and they'll take about 1 second to tell you the name of that Prem.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by BA1A
With regards to the full benefits being asked above, I would be particularly interested if there is any mention of special treatment when a Prem card holder travels with a stroller
Having a very far distant Prem relative, I understood that the accessory double-kid-extra-wide-mega-stroller was a cause for immediate card cancel
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Tell that story to any BA staff member who's been in the company a few years and they'll take about 1 second to tell you the name of that Prem.
Indeed...! Although I would much rather have him onboard than some other Club passengers...! He is friendly, nice to talk to, and knows more about my job than I do, and will tell me where I am going wrong if required, although obviously I never go wrong...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Congratulations!

I'd be interested to see the letter and accompanying bits and pieces, not for the sake of authenticity but because I'm curious as to what it says. We talk about Premiers on here quite a bit but I think this is the first time someone has actually become a Premier having been on the forum for some time...I think.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, BMI Blue+
I'd like to see Abstract1 delay one of BAPremier's flights for a change
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonWB
I'd like to see Abstract1 delay one of BAPremier's flights for a change
As i said im usually too early for flights!!! Its the connections thats usually the problem at ATH.....although i have never missed a flight (touch wood!).
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Have a search back through 'Premier membership number' or similar topics (I will try to dig it out myself if I get time) - this is correct, mentioned somewhere by a BA insider. 3xxx I think it might be, with the second digit indicating if you're a lifetime PREM (9?) or a annual one (6?).
My membership number starts with 36xx. Does that mean that I am actually a Premier Time that BA acknowledged this... Missing the 0 in third position for some unknown reason.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:37 pm

Congrats Abstract1!

While I don't know much about BA's Premier status (Premier on some 'odd' 'almost bankrupt' US airline would be a lowly status ), I can see that it's the highest (invitation-only) status and a exclusive club (nothing like UA's Global Service - meaning that BA Premier status brings a lot more and obviously provides a lot more attentive service).

Thanks in advance for coming forward and offering to post/share your first-hand experiences as part of this exclusive club/membership.

Enjoy and I hope you may be able to 'share' your membership benefits with a FTer on same itinerary or cross-paths in some airport around the globe.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:37 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Abstract1
As i said im usually too early for flights!!!
Thus I would like to nominate for fixed CCR correspondent, seconding and election seems a mere formality. Champagne, horrible burgers with guacamole, availability of fresh eggs, canapé selection, philosophical musings from the terrace, fake fires, Concorde seats, please do, kind Sir, enlighten us all.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Congratulations on your status. I've read through the thread and can see the excitement that it has brought. I'm just amazed that you have been able to build a business to that size and yet still have time to waste on a forum such as this.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hedwig
Congratulations on your status. I've read through the thread and can see the excitement that it has brought. I'm just amazed that you have been able to build a business to that size and yet still have time to waste on a forum such as this.
Thank you...and i intend to keep building! In all honesty i do not have the time to sit on this forum writing posts, however as i said earlier i owe it to the board to contribute something myself!!!! WIthout you guys i wouldnt have known what ALG or TIP was!!!! Having said that, the days of EX EUs are over for me......now i really dont have the time for those!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Well done, Abstract1 ! I hope that you enjoy the benefits of Premier.

As a BA shareholder, please keep this level of spending going
Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by The Saint
A bit like this.
I note that picture has no emerald oval under the OW logo. How do you gain access to the partner lounges if you are so inclined and run into a lounge dragon that wants proof of status?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
I note that picture has no emerald oval under the OW logo. How do you gain access to the partner lounges if you are so inclined and run into a lounge dragon that wants proof of status?
It is OW Emerald. This scan:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9974/bapremierkl4.jpg

gives a better picture than the slightly more stylised EC account pic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.