Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premier! (real not fake)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Abstract1 - congratulations and thanks for offering to share your experiences.

To all others who are out here to question or prove wrong the OP or whatever: sorry to put it so bluntly but what exactly is your problem? If you're not bothered, then please just ignore this thread and move on.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Abstract1 - congratulations and thanks for offering to share your experiences.

To all others who are out here to question or prove wrong the OP or whatever: sorry to put it so bluntly but what exactly is your problem? If you're not bothered, then please just ignore this thread and move on.
It's also known as jealousy.

Enjoy Abstract and congratulations on your success as an entrepreneur! ^
I look forward to hearing about the world as a Premier
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for your congrats......As i said i will be sharing all with you after my first flight.....from T1 though unfortunately so no CCR!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Just, please, do not go making your own tea in the galley! That was my first experience of a Prem Pax back from CPH... Came out of the flight deck (whilst still on the ground) to find him routing around the trollies to find a cup and tea making materials... I did not know what to say!!!
How funny!

You can get quite at home in the Galley. I have got to know my way around the 744 F Galley over the years. So much so that on my last flight I was just passing through on the way to the toilet and put some rubbish I had in the bin without thinking about it. The crew member just remarked that I knew my way around. I haven't quite got to the level of fixing my own cup of tea, but then I'm not a Prem.

Congrats Abstract1. I would say that I was not jealous, but that would be a lie.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Firstly, congratulations Abstract1.

Forget all this nonsense about 'not proclaiming your new status', it's actually quite a big thing (in the world of the BA FT board, at least ) to get Premier status.

You must have worked hard to get where you are and now you've been rewarded for that hard work.

Do they send you a welcome pack, like they do for the other EC tiers? If so, what does it contain?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Is your online exec club page all black now? Does it list all of your benefits there as for gold etc etc?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClass
Is your online exec club page all black now? Does it list all of your benefits there as for gold etc etc?
Actually its rather subtle...not black shading (like the gold or silver shading), apart from there is a nice shiny black card in the corner!^....and no TP box anymore.

Still awaiting membership pack so don't know about that yet!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Still awaiting membership pack so don't know about that yet!
The Prem that I know (ish) had his delivered to him by a couple of BA staff. However he has a fair degree of public profile so they may handle you differently (unless you are actually James Dyson or SRB ).
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Actually its rather subtle...not black shading (like the gold or silver shading), apart from there is a nice shiny black card in the corner!^...
A bit like this.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Congratulations Abstract1
I am sure you will notice a difference as a Premier card holder. I find most "Prems" are the nicest and least demanding customers. One thing that does annoy me is when a "Prem" is booked in say w/t plus and they ask for an u/g. I never u/g anyone unless it is for a very good reason. I know that they would have already asked Special Services at check in and in the lounge. Special Services monitor all "Prems" booking and authorise any u/g.
Not that you would ever ask Abstract1.
CIHY
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Congratulations Abstract1
I am sure you will notice a difference as a Premier card holder. I find most "Prems" are the nicest and least demanding customers. One thing that does annoy me is when a "Prem" is booked in say w/t plus and they ask for an u/g. I never u/g anyone unless it is for a very good reason. I know that they would have already asked Special Services at check in and in the lounge. Special Services monitor all "Prems" booking and authorise any u/g.
Not that you would ever ask Abstract1.
CIHY
No you don't have to worry about that CIHY!!! I always am booked in F (A when i can )...sometimes Z.....but definately not one to be asking for upgrades!!

The only thing i may be demanding is to be allowed to have 1A and K when i travel with a non status pax!!!! Actually im better at this now because i have grown to really enjoy 2A and K!

But really i am very nice and undemanding.. and having the prem card is just going to make me concentrate on giving more and more business to BA. Its a great airline and i'm happy and very grateful to be recognised as a loyal customer.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by The Saint
A bit like this.
Oohh.... Thats ppprrreeetttyyy...!!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I find most "Prems" are the nicest and least demanding customers.
Could not agree more.... The man who makes his own tea... Have met him several times... I know what he drinks, where he likes to put his bag and how he likes his tea... No having to ask any more. He is a delight to have onboard and is always up for a chat in the galley on longer sectors.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:09 am

Do we have any clue as to what amounts one should be channeling to BA to be considered for a nomination?

200K? 500K?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
Do we have any clue as to what amounts one should be channeling to BA to be considered for a nomination?

200K? 500K?
Add a zero and then multiply by .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.