New Premier! (real not fake)

Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Congrats, Abstract!

I'm quite curious about this (although God knows why, as I have more chance of growing my own wings than becoming Prem): what (if anything) have they said to you about how long you;ll be Prem? Is it a year to begin with? And have they given any indication of what you'll have to do going forward for whatever the renewal process is to be looked upon favourably?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Wow! A premier with more than 1 post and seemingly some knowledge of how the EC works, who'd have thought it!!!
Oh yes this one is the real deal. ^

Now Abstract1 I do have to pull you up about your Profile. "BA PREMIER" all in capitals does look a bit naff if you don't mind me saying so. Your poor "bd silver" looks to be suffering an inferiority complex in comparison. Might I suggest that "BA Premier" and "BD Silver" would look better and far more classy.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, FlyerTalk Evangelist XXVIII
What amazes me is how the mere mention of the words "BA Premier" have many of you wetting yourselves in anticipation of communicating with someone you deem to be almost God like.

Lets remember, we are only talking about a level of status here, nothing altogether exciting in my book.

KB
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Greg66
Congrats, Abstract!

I'm quite curious about this (although God knows why, as I have more chance of growing my own wings than becoming Prem): what (if anything) have they said to you about how long you;ll be Prem? Is it a year to begin with? And have they given any indication of what you'll have to do going forward for whatever the renewal process is to be looked upon favourably?
Well yes it is a year to begin with..however as my companies are growing all the time (touch wood) i am certainly hoping to hold onto it for much longer than 1 year. As long as the revenue for BA keeps going up it should be ok!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Oh yes this one is the real deal. ^

Now Abstract1 I do have to pull you up about your Profile. "BA PREMIER" all in capitals does look a bit naff if you don't mind me saying so. Your poor "bd silver" looks to be suffering an inferiority complex in comparison. Might I suggest that "BA Premier" and "BD Silver" would look better and far more classy.
Hmmm...its the excitement Hiddy! Although its funny actually because at the same time as being promoted to Prem, i was downgraded from Gold with BMI....the only star alliance flying i did was the SQ A380 last year, and even though that was not enough to have silver, i think they just give a soft landing to silver.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kepiblanc
What amazes me is how the mere mention of the words "BA Premier" have many of you wetting yourselves in anticipation of communicating with someone you deem to be almost God like.

Lets remember, we are only talking about a level of status here, nothing altogether exciting in my book.

KB
You can always rely on old kepiblanc to bring us all back down to earth.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by ”kepiblanc”

Not quite a God, but it takes a heck of lot of spend / flying to be invited into the Premier Club. Something most of us will never achieve. So when someone with that level of status raises their head above parapet & is willing to share the experience. It is only natural that our curiosity will come into effect.

In any case congrats indeed Abstract1 on reaching Premier ^

Originally Posted by Abstract1
.........As long as the revenue for BA keeps going up it should be ok!
One question !

I correct in assuming that if the spend with BA stays at current levels you are at risk of losing Premier status.

So in order to keep the status you need to ensure an increasing spend ??

Last edited by kered; Jan 22, 2009 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You can always rely on old kepiblanc to bring us all back down to earth.
You sure can HIDDY, and to be honest I think some of you need to be.

I always worry when someone feels the need to tell us he/she is now a "BA Premier"

I hope you don't all end up with egg on your faces when someone exposes our friend as a fake!

KB
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kered
Congrats indeed on reaching Premier ^

One question !

I correct in assuming that if the spend with BA stays at current levels you are at risk of losing Premier status.

So in order to keep the status you need to ensure an increasing spend ??
To be honest with you its a lot more complicated than that....there are lots of other factors involved....
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:58 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Congrats

Another question. Did BA simply pick up on you and your spending patterns and award it without prompting? Or did you had to give them a nudge via a BA insider / contact or similar, perhaps pointing out that you'd be a good candidate for Premier?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kepiblanc
You sure can HIDDY, and to be honest I think some of you need to be.

I always worry when someone feels the need to tell us he/she is now a "BA Premier"

I hope you don't all end up with egg on your faces when someone exposes our friend as a fake!

KB
Frankly i have 0 interest in proving anything to you.

I am however, very proud of becoming Prem, especially with all the extremely hard work getting it...(believe me it's NOT easy!).

What i do know is that most people on this board have provided me with advice and answers to questions that i could not get anywhere else and i am most grateful for that. I therefore hope that my new status will now enable me to start sharing my experiences and any advice i can with the board.

Abstract
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaz
Congrats

Another question. Did BA simply pick up on you and your spending patterns and award it without prompting? Or did you had to give them a nudge via a BA insider / contact or similar, perhaps pointing out that you'd be a good candidate for Premier?
Thank you, and no, i had to ask....It was actually a very formal request backed by various members of BA management. It then has to go through the ranks. I think that is how most of them are done....people are nominated for them. Although for them to even consider putting out a request you have to be giving a significant amount of revenue.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), SPG Gold
Thank you, and no, i had to ask....It was actually a very formal request backed by various members of BA management. It then has to go through the ranks. I think that is how most of them are done....people are nominated for them. Although for them to even consider putting out a request you have to be giving a significant amount of revenue.
Congratulations on being offered the status.

Out of curiousity, how big is the company, and are you the only member of the company with Premier status, or did other directors etc receive a card?

I was under the impression premiers were generally CEOs of large companies (not saying that you are not!), and wondered how small they go with this stuff.

I understand if the info is too private for you to mention on here.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:14 am
Suspended

Frankly i have 0 interest in proving anything to you.

I don't believe I questioned your proving anything to me or anyone else. Im quite happy to let you trip yourself up.

This is a bit like broadcasting to all you have won a sum of money on the Lotto.
You become instantly popular, you find you have friends you have never spoken to before, you are asked many many questions, you feel obliged to answer them. Trust me, there are some sharp cookies on here. They know what they are talking about! Excercise caution in your answers. Im concerned about your next comment below

I am however, very proud of becoming Prem, especially with all the extremely hard work getting it...(believe me it's NOT easy!).

So, you were specifically trying to achieve this status? I understood it was by invitation only.

KB
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:16 am
Original Poster

ok great^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.