Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premier! (real not fake)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by YClass
Maybe they should also get a Premier (unmarked) buggy that can take you places since T5 is so huge these days
At T4 CCR, I saw SS pick up Diana Ross + assistant and bags in buggy from CCR to Gate. T5 is much bigger but a buggy would not work to T5B.

Actually I cannot recall seeing a buggy in T5. Do they even exist?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Hopefully not - their incessant whining alarm makes them the bain of this weary traveller's life.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BA Amex, AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KenJohn
T5 has popemobiles!!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KenJohn
At T4 CCR, I saw SS pick up Diana Ross + assistant and bags in buggy from CCR to Gate. T5 is much bigger but a buggy would not work to T5B.

Ah, that's where you're wrong. As you come out of the lounges via the escalator route, the buggies go through a staff door to the left about midway between the lounge escalators and the ones leading to the shuttle trains for us great unwashed.

It's a mystery to me whether there's a tunnel the buggies use all the way to the satellite terminal or that the VIPs are simply driven to the toy train. Last time I observed it was Posh, and coincidentally trains between 5 and 5B were suspended for a few minutes.

Perhaps someone in SS just wanted the satisfaction of seeing the skinny one holding the handrail on the train, just to re-connect her with public transport.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ducky22
T5 has popemobiles!!
Nope, it has golf carts encased with plastic riot shields.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Abstract1,

Do keep sharing your travel stories. Great to hear all the perks and nice to see someone on here with Premier who gets as excited as the rest of us do about lounges and flying.

Premier cards are so wasted on Posh, Becks etc...there are many of us here who would make much better use of it!

Happy Flying!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and more, Sofitel Privelege, Priority Club Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by ageofenlightenment

It's a mystery to me whether there's a tunnel the buggies use all the way to the satellite terminal or that the VIPs are simply driven to the toy train. Last time I observed it was Posh, and coincidentally trains between 5 and 5B were suspended for a few minutes.
There's a tunnel there too - quite big. Had the pleasure of walking it once when the choo choos were off sick.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 9:14 am

Abstract1,
I heard the best perk was that flights would be held for you. How long will they hold a flight for you, and does it depend on total flight time?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Anothersuitcase-anotherhall
There's a tunnel there too - quite big. Had the pleasure of walking it once when the choo choos were off sick.
(My bolding)... I am not sure why that made me laugh, but it did... thank you!

I too have had the pleasure of the tunnel when they were poorly too... A long old trek! Like the blue lighting though...
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Anothersuitcase-anotherhall
Forgot about that. Did the walk once myself. I was grateful, I had a roll-on. Everyone with carry-ons moaned big time about the walk. Would be fine with moving walkways / travelators.

Thankfully, the choo choos keep well most of the time.

Do Posh and Becks have Premier cards? Suspect not. I think its a regular SS services for celebrities to protect them from the braying crowds. Probably the same for Naomi before she got banned. I once saw a US SS accompanying a member of the Monkees into the First lounge at JFK. He was also picked up to be taken to the gate. We boarded behind him. We turned left to First but he took the steps upstairs. There may be a celebrity/VIP hotline to SS

Last edited by KenJohn; Apr 18, 2009 at 11:05 am
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:18 pm

Celebs book them over their office. Its not free like other Airline provides. However, everyone can order them. Just call BA for more Infos, price at 200 Dollar/each....usually US Celebs dont hold any Premier Cards, which i think is odd, remember what they spend for their flights a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.