Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI FT Do : 12 May 2007

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
GNER bookings still aren't open for the 12th May yet, I believe they open this thursday. As soon as that is done, I shall pounce, and grab my last remaining six freebies. Once again, I shall hope to bring a nice picnic for the train.

Also, checked the calendar, and we seem to be ok as far as engineering works go for then.
Excellent stuff. I shall bring most of the Sainsbury's Clapham wine aisle as before.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by krug
BTW, I paid £75, but get fed and watered on board, 750 miles, F lounge at LGW and can choose my seat.
what fare bucket is that ? at £75 I would expect it to be earning 125 miles + tier bonus, since the full rtn fare is ~£380
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by subhi
what fare bucket is that ? at £75 I would expect it to be earning 125 miles + tier bonus, since the full rtn fare is ~£380
As a Gold you still get the bonus based on the full Y rate.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am a definite maybe.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
As a Gold you still get the bonus based on the full Y rate.
ooh nifty

another reason for doing YUP/KUP TP run
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Exclamation Accommodation assistance

In response to the challenge some have experienced finding accommodation at affordable rates, we have managed to secure preferential rates at the Clarendon Hotel during the weekend of our gathering.

Thanks to the generosity of The Clarendon, the special rates are £45 per person for a single room or £35 per person for a shared twin. Breakfast is included in the rate. If you are interested, please get in touch with the hotel directly on +44 (0)131 229 1467 or by email [email protected]. Ask for Michelle and don't forget to mention FlyerTalk. Please note that there are a limited number of rooms available at these rates so its very much as case of book as early as you can to avoid disappointment.

The Clarendon Hotel, formally The Maitland is located at 25 Shandwick Place, just a couple of doors down from the Caledonian Hilton right in the heart of the City Centre. Very conveniently located for both the airport and also for Cramond. The Airlink 100 bus stops right outside its door; and it's two minutes from the bus 41 stop on Queensferry Street for Cramond.

Very special thanks to subhi for pulling some strings and making this happen for us.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ediYank
I am a definite maybe.
Great stuff ^

I shall add your name to the list.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Cheers for the hotel deal, Prospero! That's a bit more like it!
Old Feb 10, 2007, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhilH
Cheers for the hotel deal, Prospero! That's a bit more like it!
I am but a messenger Please direct all credit to subhi
Old Feb 11, 2007, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by krug
Actually re-reading my comment it did sound a tad harsh. Apologies.
LOL! The was intended to neither confirm or deny my lack of said dignity. If you think I'd get upset by that comment, what a delicate little flower you must believe me to be And again

Great news on the hotel deal ^
Old Feb 11, 2007, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
ooh nifty

another reason for doing YUP/KUP TP run
The YUP/KUP part of your posting suggests American Airlines of which the Gold card bonus does not apply. Only to BA flights - no others. This for example could a reason to fly BA to Hong Kong, for example, vs Cathay in Economy as the Gold bonus alone would be rather generous.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 2:51 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Only to BA flights - no others.
BA and QF, isn't it?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 3:01 am

The YUP/KUP part of your posting suggests American Airlines of which the Gold card bonus does not apply. Only to BA flights - no others. This for example could a reason to fly BA to Hong Kong, for example, vs Cathay in Economy as the Gold bonus alone would be rather generous.
I understand that but it's one of the easiest/cheapest ways to top-up to gold, isn't it?

Last edited by subhi; Feb 11, 2007 at 3:28 am
Old Feb 11, 2007, 3:05 am

I understand that but it's one of the easiest ways to top-up to gold, isn't it?
Indeed.

Steady-EDI - I forgot about Qantas!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Stick me down as a definate hopeful - especially as i missed the Glasgow Do right on my doorstep!

Efin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.