Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI FT Do : 12 May 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Those of us who didn't put our drinks on the tab are grateful you didn't I will say, since that do, i've put a lot more work into ensuring that people aren't able to offload their drinks onto other people's bills... just sad some decided to make such effort necessary

Anyway, forewarned has been forearmed ever since

I believe we were discussing Edinburgh anyway, not Glasgow?!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I know! I can't believe I put that bottle of Bollinger 1990 on the bill and only got half a glass! I mean, the indignity!!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:57 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Mileage runs?

For those of you who may not be slave to the BA system but want to run around the OneWorld cards, remember the classic routes offered for this weekend include:

LGW-GLA-BHX-EDI
LGW-GLA-BRS-EDI

All of which are operated by British Airways or British Regional Air. There is the less interesting LGW-MAN-EDI for those wanting to experience the original Terraces (but remember that Old Trafford is actually part of Salford and not Manchester, and you should be Catholic to support them....)

All available at AAnother website or its AAnother website dot Brit equivalent with prices from £39 return for the straight London to £62 for the more interesting and time consuming routes, plus tax etc (£33 on the straight run)

Has nobody told oneworld about what is happening to the regional fleet?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krug
I am in and would like to take a walk around Royal Yacht Britannia on Saturday early afternoon, before the drinking gets going....

Will probably go up Saturday am and return late Sunday.

For those others travelling up for the weekend, can I suggest departing from Gatwick to take advantage of the F Lounge:

BA have fares from £ 84.40
BD (exLHR) from £58

I will return on the last flight to LHR as its easier and avoids a crappy 737.

Not sure where to stay - any suggestions, happy to share if anyone's brave enough!
I have booked - same flights as jhm dep Sat exLGW 1215, ret Sun 1920 toLHR
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
OK, I've booked flights now too. I'm going up on Friday night, but I'll be joining krug and jhm (and others too?) on the flight back. ^

11 May - BA1462
LHR 19:50
EDI 21:05

13 May - BA1463
EDI 19:20
LHR 20:45
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Time for a gentle bump.

Status check: currently 20 confirmed; 19 possibles
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:14 pm

Bit early to commit but will hopefully be able to come along as well - please put me down as a maybe, sounds good
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Prospero
Time for a gentle bump.

Status check: currently 20 confirmed; 19 possibles
Make that 21 confirmed!

Now that bmi finally offers Zurich as a valid departure point on their homepage, I was able to book their new ZRH-EDI non-stop at a somewhat more reasonable 238 CHF (still almost 100 quid ). My flight times are as follows:

Zurich to Edinburgh , Saturday 12 May 2007
departing: 10:55 arriving: 12:15
flight no: BD608
fare type: Tiny

Edinburgh to Zurich , Monday 14 May 2007
departing: 10:05 arriving: 13:30
flight no: BD607
fare type: Tiny

I'm currently planning on staying at the Castle Rock Hostel for £13.00 per night , something a bit closer to a student's budget than what the chains are charging. I look forward to seeing you all in May!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alex0683de
I'm currently planning on staying at the Castle Rock Hostel for £13.00 per night , something a bit closer to a student's budget than what the chains are charging. I look forward to seeing you all in May!
The hotel prices are astronomical. The Sheraton is £166 a night. The HIX £149 for heaven's sake!! The Hiltons are a little cheaper at £109 for the Grosvenor (appalling write-ups on the Hilton forum) and the Caley is £140.

Even my normal residence, The Balmoral, is £290 a night.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flibble
Bit early to commit but will hopefully be able to come along as well - please put me down as a maybe, sounds good
^

Very prudent - just you wait till we get the full events list finalised Stay tuned!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Make that 21 confirmed!
Excellent news Alex, you won't be disappointed.

I now feel compelled to reciprocate and plan ahead for ZRH. I'm very tempted by the new direct service
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhilH
The hotel prices are astronomical. The Sheraton is £166 a night. The HIX £149 for heaven's sake!! The Hiltons are a little cheaper at £109 for the Grosvenor (appalling write-ups on the Hilton forum) and the Caley is £140.

Even my normal residence, The Balmoral, is £290 a night.
Crikey!

HI Edinburgh North on Queensferry Road and HI Edinburgh on Corstorphine Road are worth a punt.

Rooms are still available from £91.00/£91.00 respectively for Sat 12th. Both are well connected by public transport. As for taxi fares, you should expect to receive some small change from a tenner. The former is particularly well situated for Cramond.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Prospero
Excellent news Alex, you won't be disappointed.

I now feel compelled to reciprocate and plan ahead for ZRH. I'm very tempted by the new direct service
We'll be glad to have you there! If you still want to hold off a bit, I can let you know how the flight is in May.

BTW, be forewarned: it looks like I booked the only Tiny fare that was ever available on my flight dates, so the cheap ones seem to go early.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
So I've been holding off this because I thought I'd be at a wedding in the states...but I realise that is the weekend before now (if I can make it anyway, flight prices permitting). So I may be able to join this nice little 'away' (well, for some us ) 'do'. Prospero, any idea of timings on Sat/Sun? Right now, I am looking at:

BD58 13:50/15:15
BD63 18:25/19:55

but wondering if the 58 is too late? I see Brian_1 is already on the 63 though
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Nice one G-BOAC ^

I expect to be able to announce a timetable of events very soon - hopefully if all goes well by the beginning of next week. Thoughts on Saturday are to meet around 6:00pm for drinks before following on with dinner. So BD58 sounds fine and will allow you to become acquainted with your hotel, acclimatise to the new time zone and generally naturalise to the cultural differences

Returning on BD63 should be okay. The activities on Sunday afternoon will be dictated by the tide. I figure on meeting in Cramond around 2pm and making our way along to the island as soon as a dry path presents itself. To catch the 18:25 flight you should plan on returning to the shore by 5:00pm to an awaiting taxi. Journey time to the airport won't be more than 20 minutes. Sounds doable right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.