Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI FT Do : 12 May 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by spotwelder
For those of you who may not be slave to the BA system but want to run around the OneWorld cards, remember the classic routes offered for this weekend include:

LGW-GLA-BHX-EDI
LGW-GLA-BRS-EDI

All of which are operated by British Airways or British Regional Air. There is the less interesting LGW-MAN-EDI for those wanting to experience the original Terraces (but remember that Old Trafford is actually part of Salford and not Manchester, and you should be Catholic to support them....)

All available at AAnother website or its AAnother website dot Brit equivalent with prices from £39 return for the straight London to £62 for the more interesting and time consuming routes, plus tax etc (£33 on the straight run)

Has nobody told oneworld about what is happening to the regional fleet?

LGW-GLA-BHX-EDI-LGW comes out at over 700 quid on AAnother booking site!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Please list me as a tentative yes. I used to live in EDI, and visit every chance I get. I would only be able to attend Saturday evening festivities, as work requires that I fly out on a Friday evening from the US and return on a Sunday...but for EDI, 'tis worth it.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Prospero
Returning on BD63 should be okay. The activities on Sunday afternoon will be dictated by the tide. I figure on meeting in Cramond around 2pm and making our way along to the island as soon as a dry path presents itself. To catch the 18:25 flight you should plan on returning to the shore by 5:00pm to an awaiting taxi. Journey time to the airport won't be more than 20 minutes. Sounds doable right?
An hour?! Before a flight?! You've met me on previous dos, Prospero, you know I am far too much of a worrier to cut it that fine! Not to mention I'll barely have time to visit the BD lounge let alone freeload from BA too in that time

All sounds good, thanks for the confirmation. I seem to have booked those flights and somehow managed to resist the temptation to upgrade to premium economy for only 154.00 each way
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
All sounds good, thanks for the confirmation. I seem to have booked those flights and somehow managed to resist the temptation to upgrade to premium economy for only 154.00 each way
The Force is strong in this one.......

Official hotel seems to be the Hilton - I'll order a spare breakfast (or three) for G-BOAC.

Room service, sir?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 1:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Please list me as a tentative yes. I used to live in EDI, and visit every chance I get. I would only be able to attend Saturday evening festivities, as work requires that I fly out on a Friday evening from the US and return on a Sunday...but for EDI, 'tis worth it.
Please forgiven me Anglo Large Clawed Otter, where did I place my manners. A belated welcome - I have now added your name to the list of possibles.

Your proposed ratio of party hours to travel duration will take some beating - I do admire your style. ^
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krug
Official hotel seems to be the Hilton - I'll order a spare breakfast (or three) for G-BOAC.

Room service, sir?
Whichever way I read that, what I can manage to infer from it is not good
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Gosh! I cannot believe I have allowed this to languish in the never regions of page 10. Time to press the submit button and watch it return to the top of page 1

PS! SeeYa has now confirmed. So in the presence of our sparkely eyed Chelsea girl (10011 not SW3), those of us thinking we might get away with a night of responsible drinking, well, you can now flush that silly notion down the pan
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:32 am
Suspended

£58 round trip

Note bmi are having a fare sale from 12-18 Feb - all flights exLHR £29 each way:

".....and to celebrate we are having a seat sale

£29 one way

Heathrow to/from:
Heathrow to:

Belfast
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Manchester
Leeds Bradford
Durham Tees Valley
Aberdeen
Inverness
Amsterdam
Brussels
Dublin
Naples
Nice
Palma
Venice

book from 12 to 18 February
To make it easier for you to find the fares we advertise, you will now see the full price of your flight from the very first stage of the booking process. To see how upfront our pricing now is, here's our step by step guide to the booking process."
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note bmi are having a fare sale from 12-18 Feb - all flights exLHR £29 each way:
I paid more. I booked early. The price went down. Can I get my money back, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I paid more. I booked early. The price went down. Can I get my back, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc.
"Can I get my back" what? Rubbed? I am sure Krug will do that for you. Before or after breakfast?

I too booked early and paid the price
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Moomba
"Can I get my back" what? Rubbed? I am sure Krug will do that for you. Before or after breakfast?
I posted early and you replied before I'd edited it. Can I get my dignity back, blah, blah, etc., etc.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:18 am
Suspended

Can I get my dignity back, blah, blah, etc., etc.

I think you would have needed to have some dignity in the first place in order to get it back

BTW, I paid £75, but get fed and watered on board, 750 miles, F lounge at LGW and can choose my seat.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:20 am

GNER bookings still aren't open for the 12th May yet, I believe they open this thursday. As soon as that is done, I shall pounce, and grab my last remaining six freebies. Once again, I shall hope to bring a nice picnic for the train.

Also, checked the calendar, and we seem to be ok as far as engineering works go for then.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you would have needed to have some dignity in the first place in order to get it back

BTW, I paid £75, but get fed and watered on board, 750 miles, F lounge at LGW and can choose my seat.
I also paid 75 quid, will get fed and watered by both BA and BD at LHR , am not so fussed about picking a seat right now since I should get the one next to me blocked anyway and, crucially, I get miles towards status All being well, I should get fed and watered on board too - the GUVs are pretty useless on BD to me otherwise right now!
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:30 am
Suspended

Actually re-reading my comment it did sound a tad harsh. Apologies.

Was in a bad mood as thought the plumbing on my hotel bath was not working, seems I was jus doing it wrong. Not for the first time

Off to the Guggenheim after my bath!

Cheerio!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.