Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
I look forward to some later on today!
Old May 7, 2024, 5:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The dom was on as the special champagne this evening.
1Aturnleft and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My understanding is that with the new system, the champagne special rotates every week, with a new one introduced each Monday.
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 7:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My understanding is that with the new system, the champagne special rotates every week, with a new one introduced each Monday.
there was whispered talk of krug next week
seanp7 and orbitmic like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 7:34 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So if LPGS was last week, Dom is this week, and Krug is next week, Cristal should be the week after that.
If the above rotation stands, my next visit to Chelsea will be on the last day of the Cristal rotation. Will be pretty disappointed if I end up with LPGS again LOL
Old May 8, 2024, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Plenty of Dom around this afternoon

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; May 10, 2024 at 5:10 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 2:19 pm

All good speculation but the Chelsea rules defy all logic. Krug today - not complaining!
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Just popped a fresh bottle of Krug.

Decently packed this evening and feels very hot. We’ll see what the timing of the food looks like.

Given that it is physically impossible to add windows, they should turn the wall near the lounge chairs into a “digital” window (or something to that effect) versus the current setup of those sliver picture panels. Would at least give the illusion of not being in a windowless box
private_md likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:41 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Just popped a fresh bottle of Krug.
Well that squashes the theory of them only rotating the special champagne at the beginning of each week! This was apparently supposed to be Dom week.
Old May 10, 2024, 6:00 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
This was apparently supposed to be Dom week.
Yes, just when we thought we had figured it out!

That said, I would be celebrating with 'surprise' Krug. Dom is the worst of the bunch, in my view (I don't like any of the Moët champagnes)... Krug > Cristal > LPGS > Ruinart > Dom.
private_md likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:48 am
S.R

Originally Posted by seanp7
Yes, just when we thought we had figured it out!

That said, I would be celebrating with 'surprise' Krug. Dom is the worst of the bunch, in my view (I don't like any of the Moët champagnes)... Krug > Cristal > LPGS > Ruinart > Dom.
Agreed. I fly EK F enough that I usually don’t want Dom anywhere else as it’s not my favorite.
I just wish there was some consistency as my last few visits have been LPGS only and been told it’s the “champagne of the week.”
I love Krug but am really keen to try Cristal!
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by S.R
Agreed. I fly EK F enough that I usually don’t want Dom anywhere else as it’s not my favorite.
I just wish there was some consistency as my last few visits have been LPGS only and been told it’s the “champagne of the week.”
I love Krug but am really keen to try Cristal!
We had a blinded Champagne tasting with friends a few years ago. None of us rated the Dom first or second of the four bottles (Krug, Veuve yellow label, Dom and Korbel).
seanp7 and Howard Long like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got bad news for you - Krug and Ruinart are also LVMH brands.
Speaking as someone also generally not a huge fan - I think Dom is overpriced for what it is (I borderline feel that way about Krug, blasphemy!), find Veuve generally lackluster (had a vintage rose years ago that was really good, and the LGD on board is nice, but the NV is a pass), Ruinart is pleasant, and avoid any of the Moets.
seanp7 and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I've got bad news for you - Krug and Ruinart are also LVMH brands.
Eek, sorry; thanks for pointing that out! (I guess I'm still stuck in 1998?!?)

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Speaking as someone also generally not a huge fan - I think Dom is overpriced for what it is...
Agreed. Of course I will drink it in Chelsea or if I ever travel EK F, but it's not $300 worth. I actually like Piper-Heidsieck (in the AA Flagship lounges) more than Dom...
Old May 11, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Eek, sorry; thanks for pointing that out! (I guess I'm still stuck in 1998?!?)

Agreed. Of course I will drink it in Chelsea or if I ever travel EK F, but it's not $300 worth. I actually like Piper-Heidsieck (in the AA Flagship lounges) more than Dom...
For me, the other wines are so bloody good in EK F that the Dom takes a bit of a back seat.

For example, they had two different 2012 Corton Charlemagne Grand Crus on the same menu in the flights that I took last month. I mean, you've just got to try both. I'm certain they must have some serious people buying their wine. It's such a shame BA gave up on that front during the financial crisis, and never tried to recover from its mediocrity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.