Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room - guest upset after being asked to take his feet off the sofa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room - guest upset after being asked to take his feet off the sofa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Finkface
Perhaps he just got off a flight where he also had his shoes off and visited the lav in those socks.
I was thinking the same thing.
testycal and Paolo1972 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
What’s wrong with putting your feet, less shoes, on the sofa? As I type my un-socked right foot is tucked under my bottom whilst I rest on the drawing room sofa.

Is a foot dirtier than other parts of your anatomy that comes into contact with the sofa?
That is your drawing room and your sofa. What you do within that space is entirely up to you. The CCR is a shared place some of us are privileged enough to share. Whilst we share this environment, I have no wish to have any part of my body near to your feet, socked, via a cushion or otherwise. Also, it’s not a question of anatomical parts coming into contact with sofas. It is a matter of decorum!

Edit: I have no problem with people falling asleep, it’s unavoidable with travel. However this is could equate to eating with your mouth open. Nobody wants to experience it.

Last edited by Gallus1; Mar 27, 2023 at 1:12 pm
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:00 pm

Do BA still have the 'Forty Winks' nap lounge? If so be directed there.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:03 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Given he had taken his shoes off I wouldn't have expected anyone to make an issue out of it unless space was at a premium and someone else might be inconvenienced. Here I am using my 'leap to conclusions' mode and thinking that said pax had already not entirely endeared themselves to staff for other reasons.
flyerkit likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It would be nice if footstools or ottomans were available so that people could put their feet up without thinking they can put them up on the sofas.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:09 pm
formerly JackDann

Is a foot dirtier than other parts of your anatomy that comes into contact with the sofa?
Generally yes - that is the exact point.
ajamieson and Gallus1 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:27 pm

I'll add another point. Lying down on lounge furniture is taking up space. I've seen (recently) crowded lounges where people are taking up more seats then they have butts whether that be lying down (taking up 3-4 seating positions) or 'curled up' (taking 2-3 seating positions). It is worse when the guest has other companions and not sharing space. Personally, it is fine for a lounge to have loungers (like the LH SEN lounge) that are meant for quiet time, but all other seating should be single seating. This is one thing that most UA lounges do right (EWR C terminal and ORD F concourse being exceptions that come to mind).
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:38 pm

The lounge is not just a room where you can eat as much as you want even if you don’t like it and drink yourself into oblivion. Some people will need to rest there too. That’s all our American (perish the thought he was Canadian, albeit they always travel with a maple tree) friend was doing.

Have you not dozed off in a lounge? I have.
Richelieu, adambrau and RNdouble like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:46 pm

The lounge is not just a room where you can eat as much as you want even if you don’t like it and drink yourself into oblivion. Some people will need to rest there too. That’s all our American (perish the thought he was Canadian, albeit they always travel with a maple tree) friend was doing.

Have you not dozed off in a lounge? I have.
As I’ve previously stated, I have no problem with people falling asleep. Travel can be exhausting. However, when one puts their feet on furniture, they are making a bed/nest. I have no wish to share that space with you…. grab a stool, I have no idea where your feet have been!! It’s got nothing at all to do with nationality.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Just chill out.
I don't think this employee is right.
If you on those giant bed/sofas under the tents, and you want to have a doze, you should be able to put your feet up - probably with shoes off.
Maybe they could provide anti-mocassas to put under your socks?

Its odd how people are happy to sit where somebody's butthole and gonads / ladybits have been pressing through a layer of cotton, but not where somebody's feet have been - covered in socks!

Of course those old recliner beads and the cabanas could be brought back.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I was thinking the same thing.
I have trouble even venturing into the washrooms these days with shoes on on planes and in public places...without sounding gross, parents need to teach their sons to control dribble before walking away from the urinal or bowl and I try to straddle the puddles that are usually on the floor.
GUWonder, seanp7, becks1 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by flyerkit
Just chill out.
If you on those giant bed/sofas under the tents, and you want to have a doze, you should be able to put your feet up - probably with shoes off.

Its odd how people are happy to sit where somebody's butthole and gonads / ladybits have been pressing through a layer of cotton, but not where somebody's feet have been - covered in socks!

Better if he used the fresh socks from his amenity kit?
seanp7 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyerkit
Just chill out.

Whilst I appreciate your opinion, I strongly disagree. If we have no standards of etiquette where do we go as a society? Should everyone be allowed to do as they please in any environment whatsoever? In such a world there would be no CCR in existence.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Given he had taken his shoes off I wouldn't have expected anyone to make an issue out of it unless space was at a premium and someone else might be inconvenienced. Here I am using my 'leap to conclusions' mode and thinking that said pax had already not entirely endeared themselves to staff for other reasons.
I don't think taking shoes off makes it OK. The inside of a shoe, which has most probably not been washed for a long time or even at all, is probably not the cleanest of places. Putting your feet on a sofa/couch etc. having had your feet in those shoes is bad hygiene.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Does anyone remember Covid when we couldn't fly? Let alone access a Concorde Room. This topic is providing me a good afternoon's entertainment. Keep them coming.
Greenpen and 221129 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.