Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by KARFA
This evenings’ offering from MAD.
Thanks KARFA, how was it? Chicken doesn’t look the best. Breast or thigh?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krispy84
Thanks KARFA, how was it? Chicken doesn’t look the best. Breast or thigh?
it seemed to be thigh I think but no bones.

i quite liked it. The cc caught me taking a photo and she seemed concerned I didn’t like it and was taking a photo to complain!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:30 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by volar
SPU-LHR today. This was operated by Finnair, no menus available so this dish was described to me as ‘chicken with rice’ by the crew, who helpfully had a picture of it and the other option on his phone to help me decide. I think it’s actually chicken biryani, and PUCCI GALORE might rightly say this belongs on a school menu garnished as it was with raisins. It was quite tasty though - the sauce was underneath.

The other option was pasta with tomato sauce of some sort. There didn’t appear to be a third cold / salad choice available.

The starter was a couple of leaves with lentils and some yoghurt dressing.
True, she might. She would however say that whatever it was seems mostly rice and not much else.
volar likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by volar
SPU-LHR today. This was operated by Finnair, no menus available so this dish was described to me as ‘chicken with rice’ by the crew, who helpfully had a picture of it and the other option on his phone to help me decide. I think it’s actually chicken biryani, and PUCCI GALORE might rightly say this belongs on a school menu garnished as it was with raisins. It was quite tasty though - the sauce was underneath.

The other option was pasta with tomato sauce of some sort. There didn’t appear to be a third cold / salad choice available.

The starter was a couple of leaves with lentils and some yoghurt dressing.

I love a biryani! I haven’t seen this on any menus recently though, was it a special meal?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
It doesn't look much, but I bet it was delicious at altitude. It's always my go to on QR
krispy84 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I love a biryani! I haven’t seen this on any menus recently though, was it a special meal?
No, it was a regular menu choice and I hadn’t seen this before either. Did the menus change on 1 August? No printed menu cards were available onboard.

It was actually pretty good. There was quite a lot of chicken buried in the rice and the curry sauce was beneath everything else.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by S_W_S
It doesn't look much, but I bet it was delicious at altitude. It's always my go to on QR
Curry always does well at altitude in my experience, even in Y. I’m often put off it on QR simply because it’s doesn’t pair that well with their wine list.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:39 am

I had forgotten I ordered the kosher afternoon tea on this afternoon’s flight down from MAN. I had something to eat in the lounge and was all set for refusing the normal afternoon tea until cc appeared next to me saying I had ordered it!

Anyway, it was a roast vegetable wrap, salmon and dill sandwich, and tuna sandwich. All quite nice.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 5, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Toast vegetable wrap?

aks120
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by aks120
Toast vegetable wrap?

aks120
Perhaps toasted, that would make more sense
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:25 pm

sorry, roasted vegetable
aks120 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by KARFA
sorry, roasted vegetable
Dang, I quite fancied a toasted wrap

aks120
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Band 4 MLA-LGW BA2645 scheduled departure 21:50. Due to ATC restrictions, the flight left after midnight, so I had the lighter option of terrine. All in all quite enjoyable.

Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
That terrine looks good; interesting option!

I'm also pleased to see the sausages and mash on a menu again (yes, I know), if only because I kept missing them before they went away for a little bit. Couple of flights in the next month, so might finally grab 'em.
Sealink and TedToToe like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:19 am

LGW-JER 6 Aug

Not bad for a 30 min flight! The quiche was a little undercooked (IMHO) but it was a good meal.

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.