Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
The tomato and mozzarella salad making an appearance on the early afternoon flight to GLA.

As tasty as it might be/look… it’s not a salad. It’s literally just the two items described. It’s tomato and mozzarella cheese.

Unless the drizzle of green is supposed to then place it in the salad category.

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 22, 2023 at 3:20 pm Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:00 pm

My only thought was it could do with a tub of balsamic vinegar to go with the olive oil.
i said the same after having it last week
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
As tasty as it might be/look… it’s not a salad. It’s literally just the two items described. It’s tomato and mozzarella cheese.

If that’s not a salad, neither is a caprese, but I am more than willing to trust the Italians when it comes to food
Gallus1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Beef on the return this evening

Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Beef on the return this evening
At least that beef doesn’t look like it was put in the oven in 1978…(unlike the ‘bresaola’)
KARFA, DaveS, AnaTravel and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 22, 2023 at 3:20 pm Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
My only thought was it could do with a tub of balsamic vinegar to go with the olive oil.
Olive Oil, Sherry Vinegar, Dried Oregano and S&P. Done
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Lhr-lux ba416

Taking this flight in late April. What is served in CE - full breakfast?. Taking BA417 back ex LUX at 11.45 - again what will be served in CE?

Many thanks
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Breakfast going out, and lunch coming home.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: BA silver
An edible lamb dish offered and accepted on Tuesday on the lunchtime LHR>ZAG. All served up by a particularly friendly and happy crew. My lactose allergic wife got an alleged Thai red curry. “I’m not allergic to vegetables” was her verdict. 😀

I flew FRA>MAN last week on LH. Made for an interesting contrast. BA lounge & plane both looked tired and worn in comparison with Lufty. Food better with them too.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite

Lamb on the evening LHR-BUD yesterday. I’ve certainly had a lot worse plane food than this. The starter was divisive! My friend and I thought it was awful, on speaking to the crew they all love it! The service was very friendly and the crew were just fab all round. BA staff at their best.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
If that’s not a salad, neither is a caprese, but I am more than willing to trust the Italians when it comes to food
Why? 😂 It’s so odd that anything an Italian might do with food is instantly good. Some Italian foods suck. Some British foods are good. Some French wines suck. Some US wines are good. It isn’t all or nothing.

Anyway a good caprese salad has lovely balsamic vinegar and a good amount of basil to go alongside the cheese and tomato. So whatever BA consider a caprese, this it is not.
bafan and Ramos like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:43 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
Lamb on the evening LHR-BUD yesterday. I’ve certainly had a lot worse plane food than this. The starter was divisive! My friend and I thought it was awful, on speaking to the crew they all love it! The service was very friendly and the crew were just fab all round. BA staff at their best.
It must have tasted better than it looks (main course)!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite

Breakfast (mushroom omelette with all of the sauce!) on the BUD-LHR this morning.
adrianlondon, Sealink and DaveS like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)

Why? 😂 It’s so odd that anything an Italian might do with food is instantly good. Some Italian foods suck. Some British foods are good. Some French wines suck. Some US wines are good. It isn’t all or nothing.

Anyway a good caprese salad has lovely balsamic vinegar and a good amount of basil to go alongside the cheese and tomato. So whatever BA consider a caprese, this it is not.
The best tomato salad I've ever had was at Bar Nestor in San Sebastian - tomatoes, olive oil, salt.
KARFA, AnaTravel, Ramos and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:06 am

Why? 😂

😑 It was described as a tomato and mozzarella salad. Or did I miss it being described as Caprese? As a tomato and mozzarella salad, it looks quite nice. If it had fresh basil leaves it would be pretty close to an authentic Caprese providing Buffalo mozzarella was used. Olive oil was on the side, I see.

For me, the magic of Italian food is using ingredients at their peak, often in the simplest ways. Caprese Salad is Buffalo mozzarella, the freshest tomatoes, basil leaves, salt and great olive oil. That's it. Additions such as a balsamic reduction, pepper, dried oregano, olives or whatever people prefer take away from the classic purity of the dish. It's not like me to defend British Airways food but that choice looked ok to me.
Gallus1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.