Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
One week since activating the card and I still cannot use it for any online purchases! Do I need to call Barclaycard or will it just start working after a few more days?

Unlike others, I cannot add the card to Curve. I can see a dummy transaction appear on the Barclaycard website each time I try to add the card but every time I get a message on the Curve App saying that the card verification process took too long and I have to start again - deeply frustrating! Is there something that I can do to sort this or do I just need to perevere?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I still can't get contactless payments to work with my card. I have to insert and use my PIN number.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by Simonp27
I still can't get contactless payments to work with my card. I have to insert and use my PIN number.
that, at least, has worked for me since Day 1... I just needed to make the first transaction using my PIN number
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:39 am

Anyone got the Apple New+ offer to work?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?
When you described this process of using Apple Pay i just the picture of my 70 year old mum trying to use her mobile sprang into my mind . My phone is permanently in my hand like a 6th finger. Face ID means i click and switch on nothing. With a card i have to open handbag, find my purse, unzip purse, chose correct card, then find amex probably isnt accepted, dig out next card, then put it back, shut purse, and put back in handbag, then do up handbag. Apple pay on phone is much more convenient!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ed_flyer
Anyone got the Apple New+ offer to work?
No luck here, just gives an error.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Getting really fed up with the amount of spam they send (which there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn off). Today, it's "Know how to fight fraud". That email also tells me to "Keep an eye out for the next email which will focus on how to make the most of your card." I can hardly wait...
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by FlyerMesut
Hello all. First time poster here and apologies if covered already.

I'm a Barclays Premier Current Account customer. I joined up to the Barclaycard Plus last night, just wondering - It says first time Barclaycard customer for the bonus. Will having a Barclays Current Account exempt me from the bonus?
If you were a holder of another Barclaycard product, within the last 6 months, then you wouldn't get the full bonus offer. Having a bank account with Barclays is entirely separate.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
No luck here, just gives an error.
Barclaycard call centre agent told me that some features are not available yet including this and a SMS or email would go out when it’s ready.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Chip and pin randomly started working now!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:50 am

Not had any issues, but I'll take the 5K

Just arrived by text.
Thanks for choosing our new Avios Plus card. We know you may have seen some issues in the first few weeks and we're very sorry about that. We'll be adding 5000 extra Avios points to your BA Executive Club account within the next 6 weeks. Thanks for bearing with us. Your Barclaycard Team
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:51 am

I've just had a text from Barclays apologising for issues with the card and telling me I'm getting 5000 avios. I haven't contained and the only issue I had was it taking around 10 days to be delivered, but I'll take the extra avios.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by tom31
I've just had a text from Barclays apologising for issues with the card and telling me I'm getting 5000 avios. I haven't contained and the only issue I had was it taking around 10 days to be delivered, but I'll take the extra avios.

Same boat. 30k bonus then. Not bad. I do feel sorry for the folk that have had multiple issues.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Had no issues at all, apart from the Apple News link not working, card arrived quickly, and getting the 5k avios as well. They are always welcome, easy 10k avios in total.

Last edited by Erwin10; Mar 25, 2022 at 10:22 am Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Quick Question - I currently have the HSBC World Elite Mastercard

Does the Barclaycard Avios Plus card offer any lounge access?

HSBC card has LoungeKey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.