Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I'm still waiting for the offer for existing Barclaycard holders that's meant to be coming out soon.
I concur, still says I am not eligible to switch to any other cards in my app at the moment
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
In order to activate 3DS (and PayPal, Curve etc.) you must make a chip&pin transaction first.

Hope this helps.
Think this must be for the first batch, as mine added to Curve today before i did any chip and pins.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:02 pm

I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?
ttama likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by aviosasw
I concur, still says I am not eligible to switch to any other cards in my app at the moment
mine was like that for a couple of days after launch. The. It offer me just the two avios cards. Now it shows the two avios ones and the Rewards type (forex fee free, 0.25% cashback) - this from the old black Cashback card.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Well after everything worked yesterday... today the Barclaycard app (Android) doesn't work (no card linked to your account), both contactless and Chip & Pin failed in Tesco, and failed an online transaction (card is declined). Still lots of teething problems
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?
It always works for me. And it’s a habit I developed when the contactless limits where much lower. And even now, you never need to use your PIN. I’d rather take my phone out then my wallet anyway.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Exec
Well all I need to do is whip out my device and tap the reader….and it always works for me. This device also holds multiple credit cards, store cards, BA boarding passes, vaccination passes, podcasts and music, allows me to send messages and email, call other people and much else besides. In some cases I don’t even bother to carry a bulky wallet with me.

There are downsides to too much convenience, possible addiction and always being contactable but that’s possibly for another forum !
EDIflyer and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Also if you have an Apple Watch you merely have to hold your wrist to the card reader - even more seamless than using the actual card if it was already in your hand, as you don’t have to hold anything! I really hope the functionality is enabled soon…
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:42 am

Excuse my manners, but may I very politely ask your approximate age?

All I can say is Apple Pay is incredibly quick and easy. I don’t even need to take a wallet anywhere with me nowadays, let alone whip a card out of it.
Tobias-UK and Justin McKanna like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:41 am

The Barclaycard website says (annoyingly) that the only way to manage the Avios earned is via the app , so I downloaded that.

I can't see the Avios earned (I've had a statement issued, so would expect to see something).

Has anybody worked out how to view earned Avios?
Do they transfer automatically to BAEC?

Maybe I'm just a dinosaur.

Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by KT550
The Barclaycard website says (annoyingly) that the only way to manage the Avios earned is via the app , so I downloaded that.

I can't see the Avios earned (I've had a statement issued, so would expect to see something).

On the home page click the balance at the top of the page, then under the available credit section at the top click "view your Avios"...all details there including progress towards the bonus and upgrade voucher.
KT550 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KT550

Do they transfer automatically to BAEC?

Maybe I'm just a dinosaur.

Thanks for any help.
It took me a while to work it out too. In the android app, after you log into the app, click on your cc account listed at the top of the page, then you should see a link close to the top of the page "View your Avios". Cluck on that. if you haven't linked your BAEC account to your card, it gives you the opportunity to do so.

Hope that helps.
KT550 and Justin McKanna like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I added mine to Curve a couple of days ago, might be worth retrying 👍🏻
Thanks - seemed to add on, now to try using it
Justin McKanna likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Bar Operator
Well all I need to do is whip out my device and tap the reader….and it always works for me. This device also holds multiple credit cards, store cards, BA boarding passes, vaccination passes, podcasts and music, allows me to send messages and email, call other people and much else besides. In some cases I don’t even bother to carry a bulky wallet with me.

There are downsides to too much convenience, possible addiction and always being contactable but that’s possibly for another forum !
all good until you leave said device in the back of a taxi
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:31 pm

Well having now made a few transactions using the card in stores I still can't set up to use the card on my phone. If I try to set it up though Android Pay then I get a message saying the card is not compatible. If I try to set it up by going to contactless payment tab on the Barclasy app it says it is not avaliable. I probably make about 98% of my card payments using my phone so this is not going to work If I canlt use it with my phone. Also how do I get the codes to use the Apple TV/Music offer? It ways they are sent when you are accepted but I haven't had anything.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.