Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by Tim_T
all good until you leave said device in the back of a taxi
Yes you make a good point, and it’s down to personal opinion as to whether the benefits of a smartphone outweigh the downsides. But we are getting off topic here so I’ll leave it at that.
Tim_T likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by stevebintley
On the home page click the balance at the top of the page, then under the available credit section at the top click "view your Avios"...all details there including progress towards the bonus and upgrade voucher.
Are the spending targets towards bonus and upgrade vouchers working for everyone? I've spent well over £1k on the card so far and both counters are still showing £0
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Are the spending targets towards bonus and upgrade vouchers working for everyone? I've spent well over £1k on the card so far and both counters are still showing £0
Same boat, although all of my charges are currently pending - I wonder whether that has anything to do with it.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Mine were stuck on zero for a while but have now updated - they seem to take a while to trigger.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Also how do I get the codes to use the Apple TV/Music offer? It ways they are sent when you are accepted but I haven't had anything.,
I received an email entitled "Action – activate your free Apple subscriptions" a few days before my card arrived. However when I click through I get as far as the list of services but then get 'sorry, something went wrong'
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:27 pm

Hello all. First time poster here and apologies if covered already.

I'm a Barclays Premier Current Account customer. I joined up to the Barclaycard Plus last night, just wondering - It says first time Barclaycard customer for the bonus. Will having a Barclays Current Account exempt me from the bonus?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Excuse my manners, but may I very politely ask your approximate age?
You may have hit the nail on the head young man!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:35 am

I was able to add to Curve just this moment after having no luck last week. Still no Apple Pay but at least they seem to be addressing the issues one at a time.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Justin McKanna
I was able to add to Curve just this moment after having no luck last week. Still no Apple Pay but at least they seem to be addressing the issues one at a time.
If you front your spending via Curve, will you still be able to count this spend towards hitting the targets for vouchers, etc?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?
That's because you clearly do not understand Apple Pay. Your phone is likely always on and connected to the Internet. For me it almost always works. Maybe it's user error? (said in the spirit of humour)
SteveF likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Justin McKanna
I was able to add to Curve OK but have found it a bit hit or miss as to which transactions have gone through.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by seattle29
Well after everything worked yesterday... today the Barclaycard app (Android) doesn't work (no card linked to your account), both contactless and Chip & Pin failed in Tesco, and failed an online transaction (card is declined). Still lots of teething problems
Same happened to me on Saturday - called and there was a fraud alert due to a larger purchase (only £1k which they don't send to you at the moment due to technical difficulties with the launch) they pull your access from the app. My advice is call the fraud department - they an sort and give you access to the card via the app again. DO NOT delete the app and try and reregister the card - that is a whole new level of pain.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?
SWITCH IT ON? The only time my phone is not on is when iOS is upgrading!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Curve works with Apple Pay, of course, so for those who really can't live without it for a few weeks ....!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
To anyone who has experienced a delay in receiving your card in the post and therefore reduced timescales to earn your bonus, drop an email to [email protected], requesting a formal complaint be logged.

Explain when you applied, when you received your card, the official deadline date for earning your bonus (available on the app). Calculate what proportion of the month you have lost the opportunity to spend towards your bonus (for me it was 1 week).

In my email I made it clear that to resolve the complaint they needed to extend my welcome bonus target date and refund me £5 (for the proportion of the £20 monthly fee).

Within a week, I received a letter confirming refund of £5 plus a £25 goodwill gesture, all credited to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.