Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Very confusing this Barclays sign up. Whats my assumed situation aka this timeline?

1) Applied Friday, no immediate decision.
2) Monday email asking me to upload Payslips or Statements. Uploaded by return, advised another up to 5 days,
3) Yesterday Wednesday another email reminder to upload proof. Heard this is not unusual so ignored it as already done,
4) Today a “ Know how to get off to a great start” email starting off “Hello CheshirePete, Your card will be with you soon, so while you wait….”

Does this mean I’m just in an auto send emails phase, or does the email I got in point 4 actually mean the card is on the way!?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:59 am

My wife hasn't even had any request from them for anything. Just the initial "we need to look at your application" screen.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ABFox
Not sure if this has already been mentioned (a quick search did not turn up anything) but I have just tried to sign the back of my new card, but had no luck. Have tried several different ball point pens, but the signature strip appears to be impervious to ink. Will have to try a different kind of pen, but I wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem?
I have a 20 years old CD/DVD fine marker that I use to sign all my cards. Might want to try one.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ed_flyer
I have a 20 years old CD/DVD fine marker that I use to sign all my cards. Might want to try one.
Many thanks, good idea
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
Hey all, can someone clarify something. If I wanted to apply for the Avios+ card and get the bonus, would I have to cancel my existing Barclaycard and reapply in six months or does the card switch work for existing customers to get the bonus? I suspect it really is the former but I hope for the latter.
If you card switch it’s a lesser bonus. 1k on the free and 5k on the paid, I believe. If you want the larger bonus then it’s cancel and reapply in 6 months and hope they accept you.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ABFox
Not sure if this has already been mentioned (a quick search did not turn up anything) but I have just tried to sign the back of my new card, but had no luck. Have tried several different ball point pens, but the signature strip appears to be impervious to ink. Will have to try a different kind of pen, but I wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem?
Ball point signed ours fine.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I applied on Monday 28th of March. The PIN arrived on Wednesday 6th of April. Still no card. It's getting frustrating now, I have some purchases saved up to put on this card which I'll need to use a debit card or non-rewards Mastercard if the postie doesn't have my card tomorrow. Not idea.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
I am one those who was unexpectedly declined but fit the bill of Raffles' explanation. My wife, earning about a fourth as much, got a credit limit of almost £15k and my first thought was: dubious, this Barclays.

Yesterday I wanted to check something in the Ts&Cs, only to realise that the intern forgot to update the URL on the card page and it leads to their intranet:

Well, I know of one bank that I will not be investing in anytime soon
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I applied on the 29th March via HFP - I didn’t get an immediate decision and they said it would take five business days to get back to me. I’ve heard nothing.

My girlfriend who is a full time phd student with an income very far below mine was instantly approved.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Very confusing this Barclays sign up. Whats my assumed situation aka this timeline?

1) Applied Friday, no immediate decision.
2) Monday email asking me to upload Payslips or Statements. Uploaded by return, advised another up to 5 days,
3) Yesterday Wednesday another email reminder to upload proof. Heard this is not unusual so ignored it as already done,
4) Today a “ Know how to get off to a great start” email starting off “Hello CheshirePete, Your card will be with you soon, so while you wait….”

Does this mean I’m just in an auto send emails phase, or does the email I got in point 4 actually mean the card is on the way!?
An update from my progress which came as a data point tonight, about an hour after I got date point (4) above

(5) “ Important: we can't use the income info you sent us. Unfortunately, we can’t see your name/address and income clearly on the documents you uploaded. Please can you check and try again? Important We need to verify your income so we can provide you with an affordable credit limit. If we can’t do this by 03 June 2022 then, unfortunately, we’ll be closing your account 17 days later. “

How amusing, as the 2 PDF statements I uploaded on Monday very clearly showed all this! It wasn’t a dodgy photo, but a digital PDF of 2 months recent statements! I’d be very stressed about this if it was something critical like a mortgage application, but for a bog standard day to day credit card it’s really over the top! I should have learnt my lesson with my dealing with Barclays Partner Finance for my Apple Upgrade program, which went hideously wrong last September, and which is current with the financial Ombudsman!

it’s really not worth the Avios for all this hassle, when you appreciate the number of years I’ve had Gold Standard service from AMEX, it’s hard to imagine how anyone would allow Barclays to manage their Piggy Banks, let’s alone anything more important than that little piggy!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Applied 30th March, instant decision
9 days later, no card nor pin, but did receive feedback survey email today
Answered majority of questions with lowest ranking possible and where comment box was available stated "9 days on, no card nor pin yet you send me this survey?"
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Applied 30th March, instant decision
9 days later, no card nor pin, but did receive feedback survey email today
Answered majority of questions with lowest ranking possible and where comment box was available stated "9 days on, no card nor pin yet you send me this survey?"
Day 10 and still no sign of either PIN or Card :-(
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Monium
Still no sign of a card, so I phoned the number posted earlier in the thread to chase. On hold for over an hour, no answer. Entertainingly in the meantime an email from Barclaycard arrived, inviting me to enjoy my new card and extolling some of its virtues to me, so maybe it is on the way after all…
I finally managed to speak to Barclays yesterday. It took two attempts - the first time
i got through the lady managed to cut me off. So I waited on hold for another 45 mins and finally got hold of someone.

They did manage to confirm that my card has been sent (allegedly on Mon 4th despite applying and being accepted a week prior to that). Apparently the cards are sent
out plain old second class post, and mine still hasn’t arrived… hopefully tomorrow? 🤦🏻‍♀️

In the meantime I’ve had a good half a dozen emails, welcoming to my card, advising me how to use it, reminding me to activate it, telling me what my avios balance is… but no sign of the card.

Truly awful from a customer perspective. The only glimmer of hope is that the lady I managed to speak to could clearly see my account and assured me the card hasn’t been activated, so hopefully no one is racking up spending on my card… 🙄
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:20 pm

Edit - duplicate
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Monium
I finally managed to speak to Barclays yesterday. It took two attempts - the first time
i got through the lady managed to cut me off. So I waited on hold for another 45 mins and finally got hold of someone.

They did manage to confirm that my card has been sent (allegedly on Mon 4th despite applying and being accepted a week prior to that). Apparently the cards are sent
out plain old second class post, and mine still hasn’t arrived… hopefully tomorrow? 🤦🏻‍♀️

In the meantime I’ve had a good half a dozen emails, welcoming to my card, advising me how to use it, reminding me to activate it, telling me what my avios balance is… but no sign of the card.

Truly awful from a customer perspective. The only glimmer of hope is that the lady I managed to speak to could clearly see my account and assured me the card hasn’t been activated, so hopefully no one is racking up spending on my card… 🙄
did they indicate if your 3m earning period had already started ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.