Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Barclaycard are refusing to downgrade from paid card to the free one - they said the only option was cancellation so I've cancelled (after triggering & receiving avios)
Hmm that's annoying but if that's what they want then I guess that's the route I'll go down - hoping the bonus 5k for initial issues will post soon first.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
For those that have been lucky enough to receive, how is this generally working with Curve now?
All linked up fine for me.

Originally Posted by _nate
I was able to link my card to Curve, but I'm unclear whether withdrawing cash using Curve would be treated as a cash transaction or not.
Some data points:

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums...lays-products/
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Hmm that's annoying but if that's what they want then I guess that's the route I'll go down - hoping the bonus 5k for initial issues will post soon first.
I think this is costing them money and they want rid of people spending a lot - I'd get in quick because I can see them pulling the avios earning rate.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
My card arrived today, it let me activate, get my PIN etc. All good and I set up the Barclaycard app. But it won't let me link my Avios account. I get an error message. Will try again tomorrow in the hope it resolves overnight. I knew it was too good to be true. Almost sorted but no cigar.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bibbju
My card arrived today, it let me activate, get my PIN etc. All good and I set up the Barclaycard app. But it won't let me link my Avios account. I get an error message. Will try again tomorrow in the hope it resolves overnight. I knew it was too good to be true. Almost sorted but no cigar.
Maybe I've missed a post but didn't we link the accounts when we gave our membership numbers in the application process?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Maybe I've missed a post but didn't we link the accounts when we gave our membership numbers in the application process?
You would think so! The app shows my BA Exec number yet asks me to link my accounts (and then won't). So let's see if the fairies work their magic overnight or if it's a genuine gremlin.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Delboy65

The card you've received does have the Avios brand mark on it.. ?
Yes, and it’s shown as such in the app. 🤷‍♂️
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've been checking regularly, but suddenly today, I can change my existing Platinum Visa to the Free Avios card or the Rewards card. I've gone through and its asked for my BAEC number and says my credit limit will stay the same, and my card will change on my next statement date.

My Hilton card says there's no options available.

Last edited by chistery; Apr 12, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by bibbju
You would think so! The app shows my BA Exec number yet asks me to link my accounts (and then won't). So let's see if the fairies work their magic overnight or if it's a genuine gremlin.
I had the same issue, it did sort itself overnight. As long as it says it was linked after signing in with your BA account, it should be good tomorrow.
bibbju likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
At my wits end trying to get Avios and the Barclaycard app to talk to each other. Everytime I login to my BA account to authorise a connection to the Barclaycard app, I'm greeted with this message:

Accounts not linked

Sorry – we couldn’t link your Barclays current account to your British Airways Executive Club account. This means you haven’t joined Barclays Avios Rewards. If you had a Barclays Blue Rewards membership, we closed it – you can re-join at any time.

Please log in to the Barclays app and try again.

Anyone have any ideas? The sole Barclays product I've got is this card so not sure if downloading the Barclays app might help.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Weirdly I had the same issue with the Premier account but didn't have the issue with the Avios credit card! Despite the issue the Premier Avios and voucher still posted OK, so I just put it down to the usual rubbish Barclays IT!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Same challenge re credit limit. Been trying to get it changed since end of March. Seven figure net worth, but retired so do not have payslips to show income. Struggling to get through to Barclaycard to talk through how to get a worthwhile credit limit. Raised a complaint which they say will be addressed within 56 days. Not using the card till I get a sensible credit limit and am hoping for an extension on the 3 month timescale for spending to trigger the bonus AVIOS

Last edited by Bluebrummie2000; Apr 15, 2022 at 10:18 am Reason: Error in the detail
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Bluebrummie2000
Same challenge re credit limit. Been trying to get it changed since end of March. Six figure net worth, but retired so do not have payslips to show income. Struggling to get through to Barclaycard to talk through how to get a worthwhile credit limit. Raised a complaint which they say will be addressed within 56 days. Not using the card cktill I get a sensible credit limit and am hoping for an extension on the 3 month timescale for spending to trigger the bonus AVIOS
I applied for Mrs FF99 who is not employed but has substantial unearned income, as confirmed by her SA302 which I sent them. Her income is not that easy to track on bank statements, but I sent them what we had. None of this was good enough.

Has anyone either managed to discuss the issue and get it resolved (I very much doubt that given how inflexible their requirements seem to be), or actually managed to get them to close the account - which is what I was going to try and do. I know they will close it automatically after 45 days, but will any monthly fees have racked up in the meantime (I suspect they will) ?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by gforce
At my wits end trying to get Avios and the Barclaycard app to talk to each other. Everytime I login to my BA account to authorise a connection to the Barclaycard app, I'm greeted with this message:

Accounts not linked

Sorry – we couldn’t link your Barclays current account to your British Airways Executive Club account. This means you haven’t joined Barclays Avios Rewards. If you had a Barclays Blue Rewards membership, we closed it – you can re-join at any time.

Please log in to the Barclays app and try again.

Anyone have any ideas? The sole Barclays product I've got is this card so not sure if downloading the Barclays app might help.
I'm not bothered about linking my BAEC just so that I can see my avios balance in the Barclays/Barclaycard app - but I would like to think that my earned avios (which are shown in the app) do find their way to my BA account. It seems to know my BAEC number so we will wait and see I suppose.

And why does it talk about linking a current account to BAEC, rather than a barclaycard account?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:32 am

Received card and activated pin via app. Tried to use in Waitrose this morning. Transaction declined.
Barclaycard's loss is Amex's gain!
NicholasMAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.