Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Monium
Anyone any the wiser about the HfP 5k bonus avios? They’re not showing in the Barclaycard app (which I’ve managed to get to show my current avios and progress towards the voucher, albeit rather laggy as mentioned elsewhere in the thread). What not showing at all is the bonus.

I also need to take Barclaycard to task on my target date, as it’s showing as a day after my application, but given that I didn’t get the card for two clear weeks after I applied, I’m not having that.

So, still some teething issues but most stuff is working fine for me now the card has arrived (and I didn’t have any of the “prove your income” hassle either, FWIW),
Mostly the same here. It does say in the Ts&Cs that the 12m period (and presumably the welcome bonus period) runs from the 'date you opened the account' - but I would certainly challenge that if there was a lengthy delay in the card arriving. I too can see my earned avios and target dates but there is no mention of the addition HFP 5k anywhere.

We have received a supplementary card but there doesn't appear to be any way for the other card user to access anything online or in the app - chat has not provided any help there.

I applied at the end of March, and on 6 April I had a 'monthly avios activity' email with the following useful information:

From 1 March 2022 to 31 March 2022, you collected* Avios with Barclaycard.

Since you started collecting Avios with us, you have collected a total of Avios.
.. which is not surprising as the card didn't arrive until 4 April!
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Another interesting data point for this joke of a mobile app..

Apparently we can earn 0.5 avios (it says I have earned 97.5 already) ... that would really stump BA IT if actually happened
They cover this scenario in the rules, you will get a freebie of 0.5 avios if its still the same at the end of the month. Dont spend it all at once

wilsnunn and Delboy65 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:20 am

Trying to pay the card off is now becoming tiresome, 5 days I’ve been getting this response
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mwp1
Trying to pay the card off is now becoming tiresome, 5 days I’ve been getting this response
Make a direct payment from your bank account:For phone or online banking payments:
  • Our sort code: 20-04-15
  • Our account number: 38290008
Please use your Barclaycard number as the payment reference.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person.../pay-your-bill
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:34 am

I still don’t have any link to check Avios in my iOS app. It seems this may have resolved for others? (I still have the thing with the app not opening first time, every time.)

In all other respects, it’s been relatively painless - card arrived a few days after application, activated and PIN obtained online, reasonable credit limit given after uploading tax calculation and 4 months bank statements (I am self-employed with irregular income). But this is all for naught unless I can confirm I’m going to earn Avios….which can only be done in the app, which appears borked for me.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mike P
The only thing I don't have is a Pin sentry device to finalise setting up the app but the desktop site is working OK.
I found Nationwide & RBS readers worked fine if you have one of them.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:15 am

Dual Avios Reward

Anyone received £5 Dual Avios Reward yet?

https://www.barclays.co.uk/content/d...Reward_TCs.pdf

I have not. I asked about missing Dual Avios Reward using the in app chat. The agent said I didn’t have Avios Rewards activated on my premier account (I definitely do). I’ve now filed yet another complaint.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
My first statement was this month, looks like discount won't show up until next month judging by that document? Not optimistic they'll manage it given that on the same day Barclays texted me to congratulate me on a year of Premier and that my voucher had posted (actually showed up weeks ago) they also emailed me as a new customer of Premier 😂🤦
bermudasun likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Finally been able to link the Barclays account to my BA account. Not sure if that was a hard link (i.e to aid the transfer of Avios) or just a plugin to view my Avios balance within the Barclays app (just what I wanted!!) but after several errors in the last day it is done.

The only thing I don't have is a PinSentry device to finalise setting up the app but the desktop site is working OK.
I didn't need a PinSentry to register on the mobile app. You sure you need one?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
I must be one of the few people that have had a smooth experience with this card. Applied for the plus card using HfP referral link for the additional 5K Avios. Approved instantly with £20K credit limit. Card arrived OK and works. The only thing I don't have is a Pin sentry device to finalise setting up the app but the desktop site is working OK.

I think I'll count myself lucky looking at this thread. Assuming it keeps working OK it will probably replace my HSBC Prem WE card for non AMEX spend moving forward.
I've had next to no issues with the whole process. Yes, it took a while to arrive. I applied, got a £200 limit and had to send a copy of my payslip, which worked first time. Took a few days to get confirmation of better limit, and card arrived undamaged and in good time.
The first thing I did was visit a Barclays ATM, and changed the PIN, and have never had an issue spending on it. Adding to Paypal was without issue, and I don't have a card with a stupid nickname to worry about.

The only issues are Apple Pay, (a nice to have thing) and I can't add it to my saved cards on Hilton's website, but I can use it to pay there.

Some of the moaning and petulance has been laughable, especially while there has been people who have had proper cause to complain.
I'll end up binning the Tesco Mastercard which was my Amex Backup.
This card has been a great addition.
Simonp27 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

The only issues are Apple Pay, (a nice to have thing) and I can't add it to my saved cards on Hilton's website, but I can use it to pay there.
Have a look at Curve as a workaround. You can add your Avios Barclaycard to Curve and add Curve to Apple Pay. It won't affect your Avios earning and it'll give you a £500 monthly foreign transaction allowance, avoiding the Barclaycard FX fees.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Have a look at Curve as a workaround. You can add your Avios Barclaycard to Curve and add Curve to Apple Pay. It won't affect your Avios earning and it'll give you a £500 monthly foreign transaction allowance, avoiding the Barclaycard FX fees.
Thanks, but I don't need Curve, and have patience to wait for Apple Pay.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
and have patience to wait for Apple Pay.
Given we've had Apple Pay since 2014 it doesn't seem BC are in any rush.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:58 am

When/if it happens, it happens.
I don’t see the need for any angst.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
I still don’t have any link to check Avios in my iOS app. It seems this may have resolved for others? (I still have the thing with the app not opening first time, every time.)
Well, not for me. Absolutely no information about avios at all apart from the name of the card. I can’t face listening to that hold music again just yet.

BTW - for anyone else unable to sign up for the free Apple TVplus/music/news offer, I was told today that this is a “known problem with a target date for being fixed of 11th April” (!) - so that sounds… convincing…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.