Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Just got an email saying that all the documents I uploaded are not acceptable because they don’t show my name and address. Here is hoping HMRC change the layout of their downloads to satisfy Barclaycard. If I’m not the only person in the country with my exact full name I’d actually faint. I’ll visit a branch and if they can’t help I’ll write this whole debacle off.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by _nate
Yes, moan via the chat function in the app and they should refund it.

Note that despite what it says, it won't notify you of a reply. But it is far easier to check now and again than it is to phone them.
Trying to make a complaint via the chat function in the app is nightmare. I feel like I’m chatting to a robot that doesn’t comprehend what I’m saying.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, Boots Meal Deal Valued Customer
Originally Posted by abraxias
Just got an email saying that all the documents I uploaded are not acceptable because they don’t show my name and address. Here is hoping HMRC change the layout of their downloads to satisfy Barclaycard. If I’m not the only person in the country with my exact full name I’d actually faint. I’ll visit a branch and if they can’t help I’ll write this whole debacle off.
I have reuploaded my documents at least 8 times by now, taken them into my nearest Barclays branch, called, used the in-app chat, and all to no avail. The staff in-branch and on the phone were most helpful but could not actually sort things out as they worked for Barclays proper, not Barclaycard, all they could do was get more information as to why exactly the documents were being rejected. The person(s) I chatted with in the app appeared to be based offshore and insisted the documents were invalid as the bank statements were foreign - I must have missed Scotland leaving the Union but that joke was lost on them. Like you I fear I must give up (and perhaps try again in some months?).
EDIflyer, Tobias-UK and abraxias like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:56 am

I realise that threads like this are for complaints but my experience with the card has been good.

I applied shortly after it was launched and was accepted immediately with a sensible limit. There was a short delay in receiving the card, for which I am to receive 5000 Avios in compensation, and it has worked perfectly so far.

I am very pleased with the card, it’s offer and the earning rate. I should be getting the 25,000 shortly. My local Barclays branch sorted out the card delay efficiently and we’re much nicer to deal with than the call centre.

My problem is spending the Avios! I am accumulating them but seem unable to spend them; the last few BA flights I have taken have all been paid for rather than redemptions.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by HP28
Trying to make a complaint via the chat function in the app is nightmare. I feel like I’m chatting to a robot that doesn’t comprehend what I’m saying.
You basically have to use the chat function to demand simple things for simple reasons. I got where I needed with them on the refund. They said they don't have the authority to remove the second credit search so I will challenge that another way. I don't mind the occasional reply that is from someone ridiculous who doesn't understand because just repeating my question until it gets through to someone who does is still easier than calling up.

It's barking mad how much has gone wrong and how complicated this is, but it is a good product and I hope to trigger a voucher so I'll probably keep the premium card instead of downgrading as I had planned to.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BA silver
Bit late to the party but applied online on 22 April and got my card on 28 April and all sorted via the app. Haven’t tried to use card yet though. My question is, once I start earning Avios how does one use them for flights? Will they be auto transferred to BA? If so where is the link? Or will I have to book thro Barclays somehow? Could someone enlighten me please
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:14 pm

I can't seem to find that "alerts and reminders" section. But with that said, when I tried to log in online it said I couldn't... yay.

Nothing in the "Choose your notifications section", that's the only similar sounding bit I could get to.
LPQ likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Still no sign of 5k compensation promised last month. Online chat don't seem to know anything about it and unfortunately it doesn't let you paste text into the chat (plus notifications don't work but that's a separate issue!). Is there a complaints email address people have found that works?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Oh bless them at Barclaycard - they sure know how to demonstrate they've got no idea what they're doing. The other day I got an email saying my uploaded documents were rejected - today however I got an email saying thank you and we've increased your credit limit. So they DID accept them.

Also without going into too much personal detail, whatever the algorithm or method they use for setting credit limits is, it's clearly smoking crack. But hey, now I can get those bonus Avios.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Still no sign of 5k compensation promised last month. Online chat don't seem to know anything about it and unfortunately it doesn't let you paste text into the chat (plus notifications don't work but that's a separate issue!). Is there a complaints email address people have found that works?
The text I received about the 5000 Avios, said they would arrive within 6 weeks, which would be Friday 6th May.

Along with the original 25k, I am hoping to use these to book some domestic J flights in Australia next year, so yeah, checking daily...
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is anyone’s account showing the 5k bonus for signing up through HFP? Definitely applied in time, have hit the spend for the 25k points already - but app is showing only that plus the accumulated points from spend.

I can’t find the original HFP article now to see if they posted at a different point
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Is anyone’s account showing the 5k bonus for signing up through HFP? Definitely applied in time, have hit the spend for the 25k points already - but app is showing only that plus the accumulated points from spend.

I can’t find the original HFP article now to see if they posted at a different point
I was looking around for that article earlier and I couldn't find it either.

Proving the extra 5k may prove to be tricky. Would be annoyed if I didn't get it.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by darthlemsip

I think the original article was removed, or perhaps de-indexed so that Google's search bots can index the newer article regarding the standard 25k bonus. I remember that HFP advised readers to wait for up to 60 days from the day that it launched, so I'm guessing until the end of May.

Barclays promised the world in that article, including stuff like being able to upgrade or downgrade between the free and fee based cards, 'world elite' benefits etc, and I won't be surprised if they renege on the 5k bonus offer too. Not much we can do about it unless HFP steps in to resolve it.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by gforce
I think the original article was removed, or perhaps de-indexed so that Google's search bots can index the newer article regarding the standard 25k bonus. I remember that HFP advised readers to wait for up to 60 days from the day that it launched, so I'm guessing until the end of May.

Barclays promised the world in that article, including stuff like being able to upgrade or downgrade between the free and fee based cards, 'world elite' benefits etc, and I won't be surprised if they renege on the 5k bonus offer too. Not much we can do about it unless HFP steps in to resolve it.
Well I still have the SMS they sent about the 5k.

ETA: ah, sorry, I am an existing customer - I doubt you would have received an SMS if you were a new customer.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
Bit late to the party but applied online on 22 April and got my card on 28 April and all sorted via the app. Haven’t tried to use card yet though. My question is, once I start earning Avios how does one use them for flights? Will they be auto transferred to BA? If so where is the link? Or will I have to book thro Barclays somehow? Could someone enlighten me please
Yes they are auto transferred to your exec account.
Dorsetboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.