Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jaro
Thanks for responding. I'm Gold but got only 100 TP this year so don't want to "waste" the 420 TPs going into the old year :/
Well, in that case I would try to change the date of the flights to the 9th.

Also watch the following thread for any updates or further extensions:
FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jaro
Thanks for responding. I'm Gold but got only 100 TP this year so don't want to "waste" the 420 TPs going into the old year :/
They will of course still count towards your lifetime totals so won’t be wasted completely.
jaro likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I am a BA newbie here, despite being 13 consecutive years AA EXP (until March 31, 2023).
I am considering to switch to BA and collect TPs for the balance of 2022, in hope to make Silver (???)

I have a question about my own TP math (yes, I used the Calculator link posted somewhere up thread. Please check my math if I make Silver or not.

I am planning to fly these segments:
DUB-LHR-SFO (all I fare; all BA) for 180TP
LAS-LHR-BUD (all I fare; all BA) for 180 TP
HKG(MH)-KUL(MH)-HND(JL)-SIN(QF)-LHR(QR)-DOH(QR)-OSL for 760 TP

I estimated total: 180+180+760=1120 TPs.

What do you think?

TIA.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I am a BA newbie here, despite being 13 consecutive years AA EXP (until March 31, 2023).
I am considering to switch to BA and collect TPs for the balance of 2022, in hope to make Silver (???)

I have a question about my own TP math (yes, I used the Calculator link posted somewhere up thread. Please check my math if I make Silver or not.

I am planning to fly these segments:
DUB-LHR-SFO (all I fare; all BA) for 180TP
LAS-LHR-BUD (all I fare; all BA) for 180 TP
HKG(MH)-KUL(MH)-HND(JL)-SIN(QF)-LHR(QR)-DOH(QR)-OSL for 760 TP

I estimated total: 180+180+760=1120 TPs.

What do you think?

TIA.
didn’t check the calculations, but if you plan to fly all these segments until end of this year you will be just 5 TP short of gold. This year you need just 1125TP next year it will be back on 1500.
Maybe some short trip with AA on the west coast? LAS-LAX-LAS?
allset2travel, AJA_ and m8_rotate like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by casey89
didn’t check the calculations, but if you plan to fly all these segments until end of this year you will be just 5 TP short of gold. This year you need just 1125TP next year it will be back on 1500.
Really! Told I am a BA newbie!
I will keep that in mind and try to make it!
Thanks you so much.

Oh one more newbie question for all: Is there a way to notify BA that I am crediting to my BA account all these flights (hope not just at time of check in)?
casey89 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by casey89
Did more reading in the BA thread, one more thing to confirm with the follow Executive Club details:
Tier Point Collection Year Ends: ?? Dec 2022
Card Expiry: 31 Jan, 2023

Do the above details change the 1125TP for this year?
I happen to be flying before and after the TP collection year ends date.
Love to have someone confirm this. TIA.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:58 pm

Oh one more newbie question for all: Is there a way to notify BA that I am crediting to my BA account all these flights (hope not just at time of check in)?
You just need to add your BAEC number to your bookings online.
allset2travel and casey89 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:01 pm

Did more reading in the BA thread, one more thing to confirm with the follow Executive Club details:
Tier Point Collection Year Ends: ?? Dec 2022
Card Expiry: 31 Jan, 2023

Do the above details change the 1125TP for this year?
I happen to be flying before and after the TP collection year ends date.
Love to have someone confirm this. TIA.
This is spooky but I'm going guess your Tier Point collection year ends of the 8th Dec 2022 even though you didn't put in the date. Just a little bit of magic on my part.

You're going to need to earn your 1125 tier points prior to the end of your collection date. Flights on the 8th Dec will count towards your current year but flights after that will be into your new year after your points reset to 0.
allset2travel and AJA_ like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
You just need to add your BAEC number to your bookings online.
Thanks , will try that.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
This is spooky but I'm going guess your Tier Point collection year ends of the 8th Dec 2022 even though you didn't put in the date. Just a little bit of magic on my part.

You're going to need to earn your 1125 tier points prior to the end of your collection date. Flights on the 8th Dec will count towards your current year but flights after that will be into your new year after your points reset to 0.
Your magic is not bad

I think I will settle with Silver. I know, that is not the spirit of an FTer. Year end is tough to be away too much. Now I have to fulfill the 4 flights requirement, or was it only 2?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A total of 4 eligible flights for silver during your earning year that ends 8DEC22.
allset2travel and AJA_ like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:12 am

Very confused... trying to work out my wife's membership.

Silver is 450 tier points for everyone until the end of the year right? I know that there was another reduction, but that was only for certain collection end periods if I recall correctly. I believe for her (March collection year end), it's 450 points until 31st December and then it reverts to 600 points.

Does that sound right?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
A total of 4 eligible flights for silver during your earning year that ends 8DEC22.
Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RG1X
Very confused... trying to work out my wife's membership.

Silver is 450 tier points for everyone until the end of the year right? I know that there was another reduction, but that was only for certain collection end periods if I recall correctly. I believe for her (March collection year end), it's 450 points until 31st December and then it reverts to 600 points.

Does that sound right?
Yes.
RG1X likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Very quick question.

I'm flying with the family to Austria next August, 6 days. I think the most efficient way of doing it is LHR-MUC, booked as a BA Holiday with hire car at MUC.

I'll be going with my wife and my daughter, who both have BAEC accounts and are part of my family collection, and my Mother in law who doesn't have a BAEC account. She's unlikely to spend her Avios whereas I'm a tart for points, even if I only spend them on RFSes.

I'm guessing it'll be best to get MiL signed up foe BAEC and then add her to our family.

I'm also wondering how the current BA Hols sale works. If I book by Oct 4, do I get double Avios and double TP for the booking, even if I don't pay in full by Oct 4?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.