Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
Quaint as gold lettering is, I do have difficulty reading it on my iPhone. The black ink above it is way more distinct for me.
I need a Prem invite 😀
Agree with you on the Prem bit - would save me squinting at the screen. May also have other benefits, who knows? I guess the problem of legibility is even worse for Silver cardholders.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
The redemption bit in recent transactions has slightly changed (for the better IMO) if you have a houshold account as it shows the total deduction and then a credit from the other members see below..

Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Status of trying to manage an avios booking as of 5 minutes ago:
- Gold line still can't/won't cancel an avios booking for middle of next week (I presume they are doing some by-hand process for really imminent bookings, and unwilling to extend that to others)
- Android app refuses to cancel a booking with "you must be logged in" (I am)
- ba.com lets you get as far as clicking cancel, but incorrectly offers an evoucher instead of processing a refund.

I usually prefer to coach for performance rather than firing, but... heads should really roll over this. There's no point having a CIO if they can't oversee a system migration in a sensible time window.
JessicaB likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Website seems to be working ok for me now.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi technical_Bob

to be fair ba.com is processing the cancellation of the avios ticket correctly. Since covid the default option on ba.com for cancelling an avios ticket is voucher only and for a refund you do need to call in.
not sure why they took away the refund option on ba com as it was available pre covid.

Other aspects of the changes are poor I agree.

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by jayjaygee
Website seems to be working ok for me now.
Not for me - a short and sweet "Sorry, we don't recognise those details" when trying to login.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Well I can log in again on the web. My flight from the 11th has posted, but not the 13th.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Whomever found the workaround to access your account - thank you.
I had to make an emergency purchase at 1am for a flight today (the 7.10am to MAN) and cash fares were £200 for ET....thankfully I could book a reward ticket instead. Much appreciated!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
So I have flights booked within next two weeks but on Tuesday just outside the 14 day window BA cancelled return leg but with no option online to rebook other than to call. Obviously at present we are still in the "computer says no" situation but if BA are still unbale to process my booking and look at rebooking options where do I stand from EC 261 perspective as surely they are bound to help in some way??? or is it just a case of suck it and see...
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Expect to be disappointed
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
So, logging in on the app, I get a message that says 'Bookings used to apply for a voucher will no longer appear in your account'. And lo and behold, there they are in my account, and still all out of order.

There are several flights which have been flown - although the original booking date was in the future. It allows me into MMB for those, but then says 'Sorry, we are unable to display your booking as the flights have been flown.'!
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by anotherpax
Is the general feeling that the "upgrade" hasn't been well planned, hasn't been well implemented by their "trusted IT partner", and extremely poorly communicated.

I work in IT and have performed many systems migrations in the past, sometimes things take a little longer which is why you factor in wiggle room. This however is beyond a joke.

No real explanations as to the "improvements" and BA treat paying EC members with utter contempt.

Am i alone in thinking this?
I’m also thinking their detailed plan read:

1) Do install
2) Give it a whirl
3) Loop

Unsure whether their high level plan looked better and led them to believe everything would be fine
drwook likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
I'm having flashbacks! I love how they've taken the opportunity to update 'Combine My Avios' with the good old bmi Diamond Club still hanging in there....

Stewie Mac, VSLover, rjn21 and 9 others like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
That's what happens when you outsource to the lowest bid with zero knowledge of how the systems hang together!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I know I can’t have it both ways (ie joke & criticise about the delays, while at the same time point out bugs in something they’ve not yet released), but……

When I go in via the backdoor I have at least 2 problems on my account:

1) Double tier point adjustments made after having to chase them up after >30 days are missing from the list of transactions in the new gold looking table (and hence from the total at the bottom of that table).

2) Oddly the total tier points in this card year is shown correctly (ie includes those missing double tier points) in the separate summary screen that shows progress to retaining GGL.

Absolutely nuts that some programmer has decided their new shiny database should store 2 different versions of the truth.

3) Some, but not all, of my bookings (ie that show up as ‘my bookings’ when I’m logged in) show as zero tier points and zero avios. And invite me to add my BA number. When I try to they say success - and then tell me I’m still getting zeros for them. (They’re not avios flights or FTV flights, they’re just normal paid seats in first to Singapore.).

4) I’m still not benefiting from the GGL for life bug yet, but I’m considering dropping the exec clue a quick note to tell them in nice so they know to add the bug for me.

I do hope this carries on for a few more days - this is vastly more fun than working on a Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.