Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA preflight document upload

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I dived into the settings of the Android App. It is not programmed to have permissions for access to the data stored on the mobile device. In so far uploading seems not to be possible ...At least I could not give the app permission on all mobile devices
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
The inconsistency between routes which is annoying. On 4 flights in the past month, 2 have used the BA online check, one with Verifly and one where it had to be done at the airport checkin.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
I'm having issues with Traveldocs and have been rather panicky about next steps. I keep getting a "No COVID-19 Test Report attached" message back.

This is for a booking with AA for return legs HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-AMS with the LHR-AMS leg on BA. I am going to B2B in Amsterdam onto another booking directly with BA.

With me staying airside and just being in transit I don't need a Covid test (which is required for entry to Netherlands).

AA have issued me boarding passes all the way to AMS and I have my return leg AMS-LHR also. But I'm concerned what happens when I get to LHR and whether I get denied boarding or other issue.

The flights LHR-AMS and AMS-LHR are separate bookings then. Will a LHR agent (if I have issue) be able to see sense that I'm B2B'ing and not require a test? If I need a test I have a window of opportunity at JFK to get one done, but feels like nugatory activity considering it is not needed.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:48 am

David, yes , LHR agent will most likely see sense that you do not require a test. Their problem will be in removing this requirement. We also uploaded all documents required and one was rejected. We presented all proof to the check-in agents and they agreed we had printed and submitted all the necessary documents. It took a while to sort out but we got there in the end. The agent said there are so many different departments involved (hints from the agent that some are outsourced abroad) and as front line agents they were not given the correct telephone numbers to contact when there is a problem and were not able to override the document rejections immediately after seeing the proof. It did get sorted in the end but did cause a tense wait. Like other people have mentioned on this thread before, we won’t be uploading documents before checking in again. We’ll rely on the agents, present them all our required documents, and they will hopefully be able to tick that we have fulfilled all requirements.
If anyone knows this does not work, I would appreciate their input!
David_Doyle likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
David, yes , LHR agent will most likely see sense that you do not require a test. Their problem will be in removing this requirement. We also uploaded all documents required and one was rejected. We presented all proof to the check-in agents and they agreed we had printed and submitted all the necessary documents. It took a while to sort out but we got there in the end. The agent said there are so many different departments involved (hints from the agent that some are outsourced abroad) and as front line agents they were not given the correct telephone numbers to contact when there is a problem and were not able to override the document rejections immediately after seeing the proof. It did get sorted in the end but did cause a tense wait. Like other people have mentioned on this thread before, we won’t be uploading documents before checking in again. We’ll rely on the agents, present them all our required documents, and they will hopefully be able to tick that we have fulfilled all requirements.
If anyone knows this does not work, I would appreciate their input!
Thanks, this is exactly what I'm hoping - and expecting! I have sympathy having to deal with the "moveable feast" of travel requirements, but what has been galling is the rigid "You need a Quarantine Declaration" (Yes) and a Negative Covid Test (No - I don't). As others have pointed out, submitting other evidence to support your case seems futile - only very small amounts of text can be inputted into text fields and there is no contact details or other information to work from. I've then provided copies of my booking confirmation for the onward trip etc but no response back from Traveldocs at all. I suspect the position is that they've already told me I need to upload a negative Covid test (No - I don't) and that is all the response and interaction I will get.

The good news is that I have all my BP's for remaining flights, so if I get an issue at LHR I'm hoping the agents will be able to work it out, but it really shouldn't be necessary, and the point of the 'outsourced' departments is to take the presure off the core staff, not increase it........

I should caveat this by saying that AA's systems in the US are no better.....! Online check-in didn't work for me, couldn't get mobile boarding passes (but could get PDF's),Verifly didn't help with my retturn legs at all and the self check in systems at Honolulu just can't handle current restrictions at all, so I was directed to a check-in desk where a persistent agent spent several minutes tapping away before finally (and thankfully) issuing me BP's.

This trip has sucked my spirit somewhat of travelling in the Covid age.

To any staffers that may read this - thank you for all your efforts trying to keep things going in very trying times.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:35 pm

Duplicate

Last edited by David_Doyle; Jan 9, 2022 at 2:36 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:51 pm

This system is appalling. It is misleading and causes great amounts of stress by generating messages implying you need things you are pretty certain you don't. For connecting itineraries it seems unfit for purpose.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by _nate
This system is appalling. It is misleading and causes great amounts of stress by generating messages implying you need things you are pretty certain you don't. For connecting itineraries it seems unfit for purpose.
This.

I flew last Friday ATL-LHR-FAO. I had done Verifly for the sector to LHR but I needed to upload docs for Portugal in order to OLCI for LHR-FAO. I uploaded Thursday evening for the Friday evening flight and by check-in time had still not had a response. The check-in agent took about 20 minutes to verify the documents, which were all in order and issue boarding passes. Strangely, whilst in the lounge at Atlanta, 20 minutes before boarding, I did receive a response. The message was that my Covid test had an invalid date because it must be a maximum of 48 hours before departure. Whoever examined the document did not realise that in the USA, January 7th 2022 would be written 1/7/22. Basic mistake. I won't be using this service any more as it feels unreliable.
AmaaiZeg and Catalina6 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The button within MMB where you upload documents appears to be missing in the booking I'm looking at. It's a BAH booking and allows me to print my hotel vouchers, change my seats, view the requirements for the country I'm visiting, book a hire car - in fact, it allows me to do absolutely everything except upload the two documents that BA keeps texting me to tell me to upload. Is there a trick I'm missing?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Another data point of the system not working: Due to fly to Germany tomorrow (first BA flight in 2 yrs!, yay...) and yesterday when I went to upload the COVID documentation, the web site stated I'd need a registration form but that did not need to upload it. About 3/4 hours later I did get an email saying some documentation was missing. I uploaded the registration PDF but since then nothing and when I go track status I see no trace of the document having ever been uploaded (and I tried multiple times)..Meanwhile I am unable to check in.. Quite annoying!

Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kruisler
Another data point of the system not working: Due to fly to Germany tomorrow (first BA flight in 2 yrs!, yay...) and yesterday when I went to upload the COVID documentation, the web site stated I'd need a registration form but that did not need to upload it. About 3/4 hours later I did get an email saying some documentation was missing. I uploaded the registration PDF but since then nothing and when I go track status I see no trace of the document having ever been uploaded (and I tried multiple times)..Meanwhile I am unable to check in.. Quite annoying!
Same here! Flying to Germany tomorrow and please let me know how its handled on your end?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Yes
In MMB I am requested to upload my documents for my flight to CPH, but I am then asked to supply proof of vaccination and UK PLF for ENTRY TO THE UK. Even though it says “your flight from LHR to CPH”. My return is three days later - so I probably messed up the record now, as I ticked “don’t need PLF”, as I thought it was asking me about the outbound - which it should have?! But why is it asking me about proof of my return to the UK?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Yes
Weird - I clicked on it again, same flight details, and it suddenly asks me for the test certificate for Denmark, as it should have. Unfortunately it won’t let me submit it, because I “have already submitted” it. Without a PLF that I don’t need and it should have never asked for for that flight. God knows how I get a test certificate to them now. Might need some extra time at the airport for someone to override this…

Edit: I was able to go to traveldocs.ba.com, enter all details from scratch, and could then submit again. So I now somehow have two requests outstanding for the same flight - one incorrect one with a vaccination certificate “TO the UK”, and one correct one. God knows how they correlate those now - but at least my second vaccination certificate was accepted immediately, not the Covid test though. Sigh…

Last edited by Quark999; Jan 29, 2022 at 9:36 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Has anyone had any experience/luck with this process recently? Trying to upload my dPLF, Vaccine status and PCR test result but the form doesn't seem to let me submit...
At first I thought it might be browser so tried a fresh Chrome install but had the same issue.

The submit button never activates...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Has anyone had any experience/luck with this process recently? Trying to upload my dPLF, Vaccine status and PCR test result but the form doesn't seem to let me submit...
At first I thought it might be browser so tried a fresh Chrome install but had the same issue.

The submit button never activates...
Try Microsoft Edge - worked for me when Chrome and Firefox failed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.