Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA preflight document upload

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
as a data point, I have submitted documents yesterday for a trip to Germany on Friday. Got my approval after two hours, for my wife still pending after 25 hours.

Maybe the reason is that her passport details were not saved - put them now into MMB and added her documentation again. See myself already at the check in desk on Friday AM, though....
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
as a data point, I have submitted documents yesterday for a trip to Germany on Friday. Got my approval after two hours, for my wife still pending after 25 hours.

Maybe the reason is that her passport details were not saved - put them now into MMB and added her documentation again. See myself already at the check in desk on Friday AM, though....
Update: After adding Julia's passport details to MMB and checking the status of the verification (+ I added the same documents again using the 'add additional documents' button) her approval came 1 hour later; which makes me believe that adding additional documents (even if the same) puts the request again in front of the queue.

So I would be tempted to speculate that all passport details need to be in MMB for this to succeed, even if technically not relevant re/ Covid. Guess they like to check compliance with general entry requirements at the same time...
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
Am in Greece and my partner and I have been trying to submit docs to MMB for a flight from CFU tomorrow. After completing the online form and uploading the required documentation, we submitted the forms and both went straight through to a Salesforce website login page asking for username and password, with a reference to Iberia employee login. Doesn’t look too hopeful for online check in …. Good job we’ve got seats preallocated. Anyone else experienced this?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Guy Traveller
Am in Greece and my partner and I have been trying to submit docs to MMB for a flight from CFU tomorrow. After completing the online form and uploading the required documentation, we submitted the forms and both went straight through to a Salesforce website login page asking for username and password, with a reference to Iberia employee login. Doesn’t look too hopeful for online check in …. Good job we’ve got seats preallocated. Anyone else experienced this?
I might be wrong but I believe submitting documents via MMB is only required on the outbound from the UK (to support the ground staff as requirements differ from destination to destination) but on the return the PLF is always checked by ground crew as the UK requirements are rather clear? Definitely I wasn't asked to upload anything on a return from IBZ recently.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
they asked me to submit as i am flying from CFU today. i did but nothing ever came back. as i noted separately, i figured this is because on one ticket i am doing CFU-LHR today and LHR-JFK tomorrow...but ended up using verifly, setting up two trips and the one for CFU-LHR.

oddly, despite never hearing back from BA re my checked docs, and the website for docs not really indicating much, it did let me check in on my phone and retrieve my boarding pass though it gave me a pop up saying my docs would need to be verified which, fine as i am checking bags.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:24 am

Yes I did when I first tried to submit. Very strange and probably a weird redirect. I just redid it and then got the correct page which should have a reference for your submission.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
Thanks all.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:16 am

Here at CFU the agent was surprised/happy I had verifly. Easy and he said I had successfully checked in online to JFK and was going to print all my bp...so it all seemed to go well.

I happened to arrive exactly 2hrs before and the queue was lengthy including the CE line but after two large families got thru it went quickly and security was just empty. The upside of the slow drip to check in pax!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:25 am

This is a bit confusing for me. Why does BA have two online documentation verification procedures?

Sometimes it's done directly in MMB, which is what this thread is about, and sometimes via VeriFLY which is a third party app.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:48 pm

After several tries, we managed to successfully upload into MMB. Received the approval back about 5 hours later, so now checked in with BP’s, for tomorrow.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:14 pm

i did get an email from BA that they were unable to verify my documents i submitted yesterday for today's CFU-LHR, lol. got the email as i was en route to the airport. in this instance, im glad i used verifly!

again though, i was still able to check in via app last night.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
First time using this facility ahead of a Madeira at the weekend, uploaded the documents at 10am and verification complete by 1130. Surprisingly efficient for a manual process!
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
This is a bit confusing for me. Why does BA have two online documentation verification procedures?

Sometimes it's done directly in MMB, which is what this thread is about, and sometimes via VeriFLY which is a third party app.
Yes, exactly this!

It’s baffling that you are supposed to use MMB in both directions, but also VeriFLY - but only for the inbound. And nowhere does it explain this, so you spend ages trying to get VeriFLY to work for the outbound only to discover it’s impossible.

And then you get the situation I found myself in, where VeriFLY gives you a green tick for your return journey but the MMB gives you a rejection message and prohibits OLCI. (I resubmitted the inbound documents, waited two hours, and then it decided the same documents were now okay). Nobody asked any further questions at any point during the actual journey.

So unless you’re checking a bag, VeriFLY makes no difference whatsoever.

And let’s not even get into the automated emails and texts, the majority of which were incorrect, incomprensible or were asking for information that had already been submitted.

I totally get what they’re trying to do but I cannot think of a worse way of doing it.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
I had the same problem when loading my documents this morning, assumed it was a system glitch and started again, this time it worked. Mine were verified in about 20 minutes but my wife’s came back as not verified. When I checked hers via the tracking number it was asking for a vaccination certificate, so loaded again.

Has anyone had issues with the Greek PLF being accepted for a second BA traveller when it’s supposed to be one per family.

Last edited by jimthewhiz; Sep 18, 2021 at 7:40 am
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
My partner and I flew LHR->ZRH a few days ago. No opportunity to upload docs, and ZRH is not a Verifly destination. Same booking ref, same nationality passport numbers uploaded, adjacent seats. We both checked in online, she could download her boarding pass, but I could not. At first wing the BA staff member said this was because I needed a document check (fine), so I did that and she gave me a paper boarding pass. We asked whether my partner needed a document check, and the answer was "no, you already have your boarding pass". We both went towards security in first wing. I got through with my paper boarding pass, but it wouldn't let my partner through because ... she needed a document check! So back she went to do that and get a paper boarding pass. I could subsequently download an electronic boarding pass. The system seems pretty random.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.