Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA preflight document upload

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:02 am

BA, as far as my experience tells me, aren't letting people board without a paper boarding pass. It's their only way, at the moment, for them to realise that a document check has been done.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
BA, as far as my experience tells me, aren't letting people board without a paper boarding pass. It's their only way, at the moment, for them to realise that a document check has been done.
That might explain my situation last weekend. I checked in at SAN and the AA check in clerk asked if I had Verifly. I stated that I had tried but Spain was not a valid destination for BA on Verifly and if I added a trip to Spain from the US, it expects me to fly direct between the US and Spain and that a U.K. trip from the US to the UK fails as Verifly would not allow me past the 2 day test reference number. I showed my docs and was given my 3 boarding passes, including the BA LHR-ALC one.

Upon landing at LHR, I opened the BA app to try downloading an electronic copy of my ALC boarding pass to avoid rooting around in my bag. The app indicated that I had not yet checked in for the flight, even though prior to leaving the US, I had successfully uploaded the docs in MMB and had been given the all clear and I had checked in at SAN

I stopped off at the desks just before the connections e-gates and it took the agent about 5 mins to fix whatever the problem was.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
I have done a return trip to Italy in the last week and I just used the mobile app, no paper boarding pass.

Document uploads differed each way. Out of LHR I couldn't check in before all my documents/negative test etc were verified on MMB, took an hour or so for verification once they were. Nothing checked at the airport other then passport/app boarding pass.

On the way back from Italy, as its a trip to the UK I could use VeriFLY for the first time, however this time it let me check in before most of my docs inc test result had been verified. When I got to the airport the handling agent insisted on seeing negative test result and UK locator form, despite it being verified on VeriFly, which seemed a bit pointless as I thought having it all checked electronically means no one checks it all at the airport, at least it all worked at LHR.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by jackcarr
Data point - got an email to upload documents at T-48. Upload was simple enough, grabbed our vaccination certificates in PDF form from the NHS app, and a single PLF covered us both to Greece.
A quick question -- on your PLF did you just upload the same PLF doc to BA for both passengers, and that was all that was required? My partner and I are flying on Saturday, we're not married but live at the same address, I've filled out a single PLF but wasn't asked for vaccination details for him; but wanted to check to see if others had a positive experience in particular with BA.

I posted separately over on the Coronavirus & Travel forum before realising this seems like more of a BA question...
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I did my first non UK flight in 20 months on Monday to LIN back wednesday. BA app wouldn't let me complete the uploads as I didn't have a negative covid test. I got this done on the morning I flew at T5 so it would be valid for my return trip. There were delays at LHR for this so I only got the result 5 minutes before check in closed so did a manual check in. I then tried to upload everything for the return but the form was stuck from Monday with Monday's date and flight and I couldn't complete it either.
I had the email about Verifly but realised when I tried to use it Milan isn't a Verifly destination. I was then confused by the Verifly check in lane at LIN, but reading this thread I now know that it can be used for flights back to the UK! I also couldn't get the UK PLF to accept my NHS covid vaccination certificate, said the file size was too small?. A message came up saying it would need to be checked at the airport, but wasn't.
All I can say is that travel isn't what it was. I have never had to compete so many online forms (or fail to complete so many online forms) to then have to complete similar forms on paper on board the plane or at the airport again. Most of which are either shoved in a folder or not wanted.
I'm glad I printed everything out and just had a folder with it all in, something I haven't done in many years but times are going backwards I fear.
Advice give yourself and extra hour at the airport and have everything printed as well as electronically. Be prepared for inconsistencies and ideocracy.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:24 am

Strange one come up on this today, flew out to Europe yesterday, all ok with document upload etc beforehand. Now trying to do it for return to London tomorrow but the upload still has details of outbound flights and thinks I am leaving London and has yesterdays date, no option to change it at all so guessing I will just have to do it all at the airport tomorrow!
13901 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by The Ginge
Strange one come up on this today, flew out to Europe yesterday, all ok with document upload etc beforehand. Now trying to do it for return to London tomorrow but the upload still has details of outbound flights and thinks I am leaving London and has yesterdays date, no option to change it at all so guessing I will just have to do it all at the airport tomorrow!
Did you get the email telling you to submit? Click the link there and it’ll load a blank version of the form, in which you can enter the booking ref. If you load the form from within MMB it’ll contain the previous flight details which you can’t edit.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by stevebintley
Did you get the email telling you to submit? Click the link there and it’ll load a blank version of the form, in which you can enter the booking ref. If you load the form from within MMB it’ll contain the previous flight details which you can’t edit.
Thanks, yes that worked, the link was buried away in a different email! I am sure it wasn't so hidden when I flew last month!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
The document upload system seems a bit of a shambles. Flying from JTR (where I'm not sure if OLCI is available anyway) and received email and SMS asking us to upload documents. Documents uploaded as requested but a few hours later I get an email saying that the docs could not be verified. Tried uploading again. Another email saying that the name on the PLF didn't match the booking (not true). Gave up and decided to just do it all at the airport. There was no queue and the check-in agent gave our docs a quick glance (not sure she could even have read the names to be honest) and all done in 1 minute.

Won't be bothering with the document upload business again.
Definitas likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by fruitcage
The document upload system seems a bit of a shambles. Flying from JTR (where I'm not sure if OLCI is available anyway) and received email and SMS asking us to upload documents. Documents uploaded as requested but a few hours later I get an email saying that the docs could not be verified. Tried uploading again. Another email saying that the name on the PLF didn't match the booking (not true). Gave up and decided to just do it all at the airport. There was no queue and the check-in agent gave our docs a quick glance (not sure she could even have read the names to be honest) and all done in 1 minute.

Won't be bothering with the document upload business again.
I've had a few friends who have also encountered similar problems, but I'm happy to report that after numerous hops to ATH as well as KLX and back, I've used MMB document upload exclusively and it always worked without fail, including for our two-year-old in tow. I used it just on Monday coming back to LHR from ATH and even though there was no prompt on MMB to upload the documents, I could so so from traveldocs.ba.com . Once submitted, everything was verified promptly and OLCI worked fine with no check at the airport. I asked the agent whether they could see that I had everything uploaded and he said that he could see that I've had checked in already, which would signify that the documents have been checked. Others in the queue who had not OLCI were being asked for PLFs and vaccination docs.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I have just got my perfectly valid proof of vaccination rejected. I was sent an email stating that I should log into traveldocs.BA.com/track with a unique tracking number and resubmit. The only problem is that the link is not working. Ok, I thought, I would resubmit the whole form (not only my proof of vaccination), but it got rejected as they have already received documentation from me. I called a gold BAEC line to ask what to do, waited 40min, got transferred, waited some more only to learn that the agent also cannot open the link. He told me that VeriFly checks documentation on behalf of BAe and a rejection is on them. Remembering that I installed their app for one of my past trips, I thought I’d submit directly to VeriFly, but BA is not listed as one of the company in a menu I must choose from. No go.

So the only option - according to the agent - is just going to the airport (and pray, I must add).

What a mess. 3 days trip, preparation is another 3 days. Lost half the excitement.

PS. If any good came out from my experience, the agent raised a ticket with their IT team that the link is not working
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
As a data point, I have my middle name on my vaccination certificate but never on any BA booking.

VeriFLY has worked every single time, but with BA’s own system for departures from the UK to Europe, my documents can never be verified.

Slightly annoying so I might include my middle name in my next booking.
tenn_ace likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I have just double checked mine. All 100% consistent - my name and my date of birth.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I submitted documents for a flight to MLA - dPLF and both Covid vaccinations. I've just got the email back (after waiting all day) saying I couldn't be verified, but the site doesn't make it very clear why. Is it because I didn't attached the health form (with the boxes you add letters in)?

I have also completed veriFly, got the green tick and received mobile boarding pass from OLCI - should I worry about not being verified in the BA site?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:38 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It is annoying - then homepage is not working and the app won't let me upload anything, neither from onedrive nor locally stored documents on my phone. I see the documents on my phone, but it is not possible to upload. Even without VPN connection which was an issue in the past.
Anybody with similar experiences?

Flying tomorrow from YYZ via LHR to DUS - will try later again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.