Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get in contact with BA holidays?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Quick update - have been told my booking will be reinstated... just don't know how/when! I'm hopeful they get to my e-mail eventually as that clearly shows I tried to pay the balance well before the balance deadline. Live chat was useless, anyone I get through to on BA holidays flight only can't help and now claim they can't transfer me to anyone either. Trying to get through to someone in the flights and hotel team is actually impossible!!
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Ive been in this situation and its sooo annoying. The fact you cant even get into a hold is awful. The 2 solutions I found worked was getting through to a UK executive club agent and asking to be put into the fast rack lane OR put out a tweet and ask to be contacted by BA Holidays ASAP.

Good luck
I needed to get hold of them whilst away recently and was on hold for an hour got cut off and had to start again, got through after 2 hours. Apparently though if mid trip to change something you need call the duty office on 02087074480 as the normal BA holidays can't help in that situation as i needed to change my return flight.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by paulaf
I needed to get hold of them whilst away recently and was on hold for an hour got cut off and had to start again, got through after 2 hours. Apparently though if mid trip to change something you need call the duty office on 02087074480 as the normal BA holidays can't help in that situation as i needed to change my return flight.
Yes if youre away or within 24 hours of travel there is an emergency number on your hotel voucher. I called that yesterday as I had a problem with my hotel while away, and they answered after 1 min.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Yes if youre away or within 24 hours of travel there is an emergency number on your hotel voucher. I called that yesterday as I had a problem with my hotel while away, and they answered after 1 min.
As we weren't in a hotel, car hire instead, i don't have that number, is the same as above?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I had a similar situation and just emailed Sean Doyles office. I actually got a response. [email protected]

Last edited by NWplatinum; Jul 23, 2021 at 2:13 am
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
As we weren't in a hotel, car hire instead, i don't have that number, is the same as above?
I think soIll double check later.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:50 pm

The issue around contacting BA Holidays is just becoming more and more annoying. I used to love BAH and never had any trouble getting through (even last year). However, for the whole of 2021 its been a nightmare. I can never get hold of anyone, never get into a queue and always get cut off. Ive tried every avenue and even the executive club cant transfer me over to them.

This, in addition to not getting a voucher once you pass 3 weeks to departure, has made me book flight only a lot more. Is anyone else in the same boat?
u01sss3 and Arsey00 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:05 pm

I tried calling the standard number tonight numerous times but kept getting told they couldnt take my call and cut off. I tried the silver specific number and it let me get into the queue and had to wait 64 minutes. Not concerned with that wait but maybe Exec numbers have a little of priority over the standard number?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I tried calling the standard number tonight numerous times but kept getting told they couldnt take my call and cut off. I tried the silver specific number and it let me get into the queue and had to wait 64 minutes. Not concerned with that wait but maybe Exec numbers have a little of priority over the standard number?
Based on my experience, I doubt it... you
just have an extra button to press. I think you
got lucky, but I've asked this exact same
question before and would be happy to be proved wrong by anyone with close experience
of BAs call management process!
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Really annoying, especially as when you do actually get through to them, theyre often really helpful.

Its just silly that you can often get through to the Gold line really quickly whilst BAH can be uncontactable. Often its an invol flight changewhy cant this be done online or by a regular agent???
paulaf, u01sss3 and Arsey00 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by cameramaker
Really annoying, especially as when you do actually get through to them, theyre often really helpful.

Its just silly that you can often get through to the Gold line really quickly whilst BAH can be uncontactable. Often its an invol flight changewhy cant this be done online or by a regular agent???
The simple answer is its not that straightforward and involves different systems and therefore training to flight only.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:04 am

Been trying to contact BA Holidays for days now. I tried in the evening, I tried in the morning, I just tried calling at 08.00 sharp. Two minutes of waffle and then "we're sorry... unprecedented... blah blah blah".

Yesterday I was on the BA.com chat from 18.00 to 21.09. Got to No. 2 in the queue and then... it shut down.

All I want to do is to change the days of a car hire. I'd love to do it online, but since it's 1998 on BA Digital's calendar... I can't.
paulaf and BAeuro like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
We are trying to upgrade two seats for mid September as CW availability became available. I called at 8 am on the dot and got through to India where after going through the whole rigamarole of how I booked the ticket, my name, email, passport information, other travellers etc I was told I failed security questions and to check my booking online and call back. I said I had it open in front of me what is the problem. No, you failed. Which question? No im sorry I cannot help you, you failed. I said fine and hung up. Of course now I get the "sorry we have higher volumes" message.

I never booked BA Holidays before and this was only as a result of the whole double tier points offer as we needed car hire on our bookings anyway. Not sure I will EVER book a BA Holiday again after this hassle. Is there any number in the US I can call after hours, using a US phone number?

Edit: Looks like the US number to enquire about existing bookings with hotel, car hire, etc is 1-877-428-2228, open 7am to 3pm EST. Ill give it a try either later tonight or tomorrow

Last edited by sondra_finchley; Aug 11, 2021 at 1:31 am
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:25 am

Its honestly become ridiculous. They need to bring in more staff to the holidays team, given that most flights can be changed online but holidays cant!
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
We are trying to upgrade two seats for mid September as CW availability became available. I called at 8 am on the dot and got through to India where after going through the whole rigamarole of how I booked the ticket, my name, email, passport information, other travellers etc I was told I failed security questions and to check my booking online and call back. I said I had it open in front of me what is the problem. No, you failed. Which question? No im sorry I cannot help you, you failed. I said fine and hung up.
Sorry. I couldnt resist
sondra_finchley likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.