Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get in contact with BA holidays?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For an FTV, the voucher is always fairly immediate - under the original PNR number. If you don't get the email, I presume it's still in the system waiting to be utilised
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:52 am

I gave up on BA Holidays. Got so sick of their auto hang up that I ended up just calling the Silver line and got through on three occasions after waiting between 0:45 and 1:15.

Worst experience I've ever had calling an airline (and yes, I even include calling the likes of Ryanair in that). I really feel for anyone without any sort of status.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
For an FTV, the voucher is always fairly immediate - under the original PNR number. If you don't get the email, I presume it's still in the system waiting to be utilised
There seems to be 2 stages with FTVs - the initial creation is almost automatic after whatever trigger the flight cancellation or BAH cancellation. The second stage is ascribing value to that FTV. Sometimes that's a quick process and is either semi-automatic or can be handled by an agent anyway, other times it is complex and has to go either to the BA back office refunds team, or the equivalent in BAH. BAH have - from other posts - sent out emails saying "your FTV is now ready for xxx and just email us (etc) when you have a new booking deposit done online". Either way there's no need to chase an FTV so long as the original wheels are in motion - you just wait until you are ready to book again.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There seems to be 2 stages with FTVs - the initial creation is almost automatic after whatever trigger the flight cancellation or BAH cancellation. The second stage is ascribing value to that FTV. Sometimes that's a quick process and is either semi-automatic or can be handled by an agent anyway, other times it is complex and has to go either to the BA back office refunds team, or the equivalent in BAH. BAH have - from other posts - sent out emails saying "your FTV is now ready for xxx and just email us (etc) when you have a new booking deposit done online". Either way there's no need to chase an FTV so long as the original wheels are in motion - you just wait until you are ready to book again.
For BAH it is always a manual process and this involves it being placed on a queue to be actioned.

Once picked up by a person the flights and hotel are cancelled out and a note is added to confirm it is a voucher and the value of the voucher. This process was taking about 10 days from what ive heard.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was having issues getting a hold of BAH with the line just cutting off but managed to speak to someone after around 15 minutes calling 0344 493 0123.
The lady was very helpful but strictly speaking it's a sales number and they can only do certain things to a booking. I was able to change flights/airports after a cancellation but wouldn't have been able to change hotels or anything more complex like that.
I feel for the staff, they're overwhelmed and BA really need to look at this.
Bad PR from ex-F1 driver/current Sky F1 reporter Karun Chandhok yesterday who couldn't get a hold of anyone to change a booking involving car hire
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
This morning I got through to British Airways holidays within 30 seconds, but feel for all those people that call later in the day.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:03 am

Just had the quickest Live chat in quite some months with BAH, joined at position 30 in the queue and that quickly got down and my query dealt with in less than 15 minutes.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by BJ787
Just had the quickest Live chat in quite some months with BAH, joined at position 30 in the queue and that quickly got down and my query dealt with in less than 15 minutes.
With regard to that, is there a limit to what they can deal with on the live chat?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
With regard to that, is there a limit to what they can deal with on the live chat?
In my experience they can do anything that doesn't require payment being taken. I've changed flights, added flights/removed flights from a booking (that hasn't had the balance paid so they can just make adjustments to what's due), changed hotels and this morning's chat was to upgrade a hotel room. You have to make sure you get through to someone at Holidays though, the non Holidays lot begrudge telling you the time of day let alone doing anything useful.
RG1X likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Called 0344 493 0787 at 8am on the dot. Auto-disconnects after the recorded message. Tried the chat - 12th in queue took 25 minutes to get to an agent. Agent (as expected) couldn't help, but refused to put me through to a Holidays agent. I did manage to get him to put a note on the booking to say I had called to request a refund.
I've expressed my frustration on Twitter!

I'm going to send an email to the duty address and then just request a charge-back on my Amex next week if I haven't managed to get hold of someone.

Update - Emailed at 8.58. Received a reply at 8.59 to say it would be actioned immediately. 9.03 confirmation of refund received. In fairness that bit of the process was exceptional.
Jimmie76 likes this.

Last edited by HHarry; Nov 5, 2021 at 4:21 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:27 am

Been having the same issues, but after 4 days of trying i did the 7:58 dial up to the 0344 493 0787 and ticked on 8am and after 4/5 mins was in and talking to a really helpful lady. sorted my issues in 10 mins and done. I did ask her how many people were working and she said that they were all WFH and only about 50 people on the phones. so no wonder its a pain to get through.

8am is the best time to get through if you can.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:03 am

Just comical that even doing the 8am thing needed five days of effort.

What a sh*tsh*w.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:43 am

Had a quote a few months ago from one of the sales agents (for a different booking) , as a last resort I emailed her yesterday and asked if she could help me with a booking, as I needed to add one extra person to the booking.
5 minutes later she called me and all sorted.
exceptional service from this lady.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Jordi14
5 minutes later she called me and all sorted. exceptional service from this lady.
Whilst it can be near impossible to get hold of any of them at present, I find the service from those at BAH above all the other BA call centres to generally be exceptional, they do give an impression on the whole of actually wanting to help.

Maybe pop a Well Done in for her - https://www.britishairways.com/welldone/
Robert279 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Thread title

Can somebody, with the appropriate authority, amend the title of this thread? It pains me every time I read it. A simple: How to contact BA Holidays, is all we need.

All the superfluous prepositions caused me anxiety!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.