FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How to get in contact with BA holidays?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2047238-how-get-contact-ba-holidays.html)

kavtheman Jul 20, 2021 4:35 am

How to get in contact with BA holidays?!

Hi

Apologies if this has been discussed to death but I'm in a bit of a panic now! We had a BA flight and hotel booking made for a while and I wanted to use my vouchers to pay off the balance. Having had zero luck speaking to anyone who could help I sent an e-mail last week following some information in another thread but haven't had a reply. Having still tried to call everyday since I had an e-mail today to say our booking has now been cancelled!

Is there any other way to speak to someone on the phone? I have tried e-mail again and twitter but am now panicking about my holiday being cancelled and not being able to do anything to resolve the situation!

Thanks in advance!

minichr1s Jul 20, 2021 4:37 am

0344 493 0787 There can be a bit of a wait but I always get through.

kavtheman Jul 20, 2021 4:42 am

I don't even get into a queue... straight to the "we are sorry" note...

minichr1s Jul 20, 2021 4:45 am

You must have some serious bad luck as I went straight through when I tested the number just now.
Keep trying would be my only advice, sorry.

mikeyfly Jul 20, 2021 4:49 am

I had to call on Saturday, (afternoon too - against my own advice) - as Reward seats had opened - I was on the call for 1.25hrs !!! I was expecting it to drop after the 1hr stage as previously discussed on here, luckily it didn't

Was worth the wait to get into Club rather than WTP :)

See this thread from recently British Airways Disconnecting Call at 1 HOUR WAIT Timeframe! - Page 2 - FlyerTalk Forums

Mike Skyflier Jul 20, 2021 4:52 am

I understand your frustration.
It took me 39 attempts on Saturday just to join the queue! When I did it was another hour before my call was answered! Then I had the stress of me the customer having to explain to the agent the new ticket validity policy!
Good luck!

kavtheman Jul 20, 2021 4:57 am

I can get through to the flight only option without any issues at all! As I have a hotel booked too they won't help and won't transfer me to the correct place either... Guess I will have to keep trying. Thanks for all your help!

kingcole974 Jul 20, 2021 5:02 am

I've found the new live chat on ba.com really good. It can take a while to speak with a real human (the bot is useless) but once through my whole query was dealt with efficiently

ratechaser Jul 20, 2021 5:10 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974 (Post 33422137)
I've found the new live chat on ba.com really good. It can take a while to speak with a real human (the bot is useless) but once through my whole query was dealt with efficiently

Can they deal with holiday issues though, or just flights?

LimitingFactor Jul 20, 2021 5:40 am

Originally Posted by kavtheman (Post 33422108)
Hi

Apologies if this has been discussed to death but I'm in a bit of a panic now! We had a BA flight and hotel booking made for a while and I wanted to use my vouchers to pay off the balance.

Somebody might be along to correct me in a minute, but I'm sure you can't use FTV vouchers to pay off a holiday booking, they can only be used for new bookings. You'll probably need to pay your balance with a credit card instead.

LF

BJ787 Jul 20, 2021 5:50 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 33422150)
Can they deal with holiday issues though, or just flights?

So long as you select your query as being about a 'Holiday Booking' at the outset you'll be routed to someone at BAH if there's anyone available.

The option isn't always available and when it is there can be a bit of a wait. Having received the we're too busy go away message a few times on the phone yesterday I tried chat for an upcoming BAH I wanted to cancel for a refund, managed after a few attempts to join the queue at position 60, took about an 80 minutes to get to the front but they sorted it out within a few minutes once it was my turn.

They're pretty good tbh in what they can do so long as there are no payments involved, I've added/removed/changed flights on bookings via chat with no issue with them adjusting the outstanding balance as required.

sunshinebob Jul 20, 2021 6:08 am

Originally Posted by LimitingFactor (Post 33422194)
Somebody might be along to correct me in a minute, but I'm sure you can't use FTV vouchers to pay off a holiday booking, they can only be used for new bookings. You'll probably need to pay your balance with a credit card instead.
LF

Correct by the letter of the terms and conditions however I have done it five or six times with a 100% positive result.

Mostly I just reply to the email about the FTV asking to credit it to whatever booking reference I need paying down. Works every time, might take a day or so but simple and hands free..

minichr1s Jul 20, 2021 8:09 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974 (Post 33422137)

Just tried this myself instead of phoning and they were, as you said, really good.
Id choose this way over phoning in future

Agent69 Jul 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by kavtheman (Post 33422134)
I can get through to the flight only option without any issues at all! As I have a hotel booked too they won't help and won't transfer me to the correct place either... Guess I will have to keep trying. Thanks for all your help!

I booked a flight to BGI when extra upgrade availability came along a few weeks ago and recently tried to contact BA holidays to see if I could book hotels just payng a small deposit (which you cant). All websites just pointed me to the BA gold line, where there is no holiday option. When I got through they gave me a seperate number that ended up back at the gold line menu. A real pain

BAeuro Jul 20, 2021 1:00 pm

I’ve been in this situation and it’s sooo annoying. The fact you can’t even get into a hold is awful. The 2 solutions I found worked was getting through to a UK executive club agent and asking to be put into the fast rack lane OR put out a tweet and ask to be contacted by BA Holidays ASAP.

Good luck