Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You’re welcome

This place is all about helping others and maximising value. A while ago I was called a cheapskate for saving someone a few quid on an amex companion voucher, the posts I have since seen them make on money saving are far more morally questionable !!
Mr Silver K and Fatdickie like this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Aug 29, 2021 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You’re welcome

This place is all about helping others and maximising value. A while ago I was called a cheapskate for saving someone a few quid on an amex companion voucher, the posts I have since seen them make on money saving are far more morally questionable !!
Booked for the first flight out of LGW on 27th March. Here’s hoping to more delay in the LGW restart. If not, I’ll take a voucher and rebook
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely perfect ! Ł230?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:55 am

Absolutely perfect ! Ł230?
Ł330 because I’m flying from MAN. Didn’t want to have to change start destinations and create a reprice. Still, way lower than the Ł900+.
Thanks again!
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
The organisation of the desks is very poor and inconsistent and may depend how many flights they are checking in, but generally Club is on the left.
Did you go for the Chronomics test for return this time, have they arrived ok ?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulaf
I’m currently in France with chronomics tests. I put a week earlier depart date and they arrived in plenty of time. Hope they’re idiot proof! Doing mine tomorrow
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I’m currently in France with chronomics tests. I put a week earlier depart date and they arrived in plenty of time. Hope they’re idiot proof! Doing mine tomorrow
Did you register it already or will you be registering and doing on the same day? I understand you need to register it to get the certificate...
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by paulaf
Yes. We are leaving Sat 4/9, ordered 3 tests Weds 25/8 giving Weds 1/9 as my dep and they arrived Sat 28/8. They dont tell you its DPD delivery, but if you have the DPD app set up with the same phone no. as in the order, the app tells you what's going on.
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Did you register it already or will you be registering and doing on the same day? I understand you need to register it to get the certificate...
Thsnks, I’ll try registering this afternoon and report back
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:15 am

Thsnks, I’ll try registering this afternoon and report back
Thanks I would also be interested to know when you're supposed to register it, can you do it before leaving the UK?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Took the Chronomics Test to Return kit with me on a recent holiday. You can register the kit just before you do it, the website then walks you through what you have to do, it was very simple. Once you have uploaded the picture the certificate was almost instant, which makes you wonder if they've got some software that looks at the picture and can recognise what the result is. PDF certificate shown on phone at check-in in Arrecife with no problems.
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Vasto1M
Took the Chronomics Test to Return kit with me on a recent holiday. You can register the kit just before you do it, the website then walks you through what you have to do, it was very simple. Once you have uploaded the picture the certificate was almost instant, which makes you wonder if they've got some software that looks at the picture and can recognise what the result is. PDF certificate shown on phone at check-in in Arrecife with no problems.
Is it easiest to register using a phone or on a laptop, or no difference?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:38 am

DUPLICATE
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Prices are always high one year in advance. The only people who book paid travel a year in advance have very little flexibility on dates / location.

Wait for 3-6 months and the fares will come down to a more palatable level. Set up Google Flights to monitor the price for you...
I'm my experience it's not strictly true at all prices are high at the initial outset of availability
say near 350 ish days in advance. I've booked things this far in advance for years for various reasons. I've never had an example of the price coming down after booking, but then again I would always be looking for a decent fare.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:51 am

If you book through C 19 Testing they send them out more or less straight away in all cases. I've had two arrive within one day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.