Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I'm my experience it's not strictly true at all prices are high at the initial outset of availability
say near 350 ish days in advance. I've booked things this far in advance for years for various reasons. I've never had an example of the price coming down after booking, but then again I would always be looking for a decent fare.
Statistically the cheapest time to buy is around 6 weeks to departure. I'd be amazed if fares at 350 days never came down, it's not how the air industry works. Not least for those routes under competition from other airlines and the low cost carriers, who release their competing fares at 329 days or less.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Statistically the cheapest time to buy is around 6 weeks to departure. I'd be amazed if fares at 350 days never came down, it's not how the air industry works. Not least for those routes under competition from other airlines and the low cost carriers, who release their competing fares at 329 days or less.
My routes are almost entirely leisure. Maybe that's the big difference. As I say that's just my own experience, but it is correct in my cases.

​​
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I'm my experience it's not strictly true at all prices are high at the initial outset of availability
say near 350 ish days in advance. I've booked things this far in advance for years for various reasons. I've never had an example of the price coming down after booking, but then again I would always be looking for a decent fare.
Thanks for agreeing with me. It does appear that the prices for 2022 are extremely high. Last year I booked in August 2020 for July 2021 and paid £535. Yes that price went down in March 2021 to £460 but I put that down to huge capacity and the place the country was in at the time. I’ve never seen the price be £900 for AGP. They have to come down as no one will pay that. Six weeks before my departure this year, prices were hovering around the £650 mark so wouldn’t have been a good time for me to book.

My intention was to discuss if this could be due to BA trying to steer people booking the new subsidiary rather than true BA or is it to get people to hold off booking right now and if others had seen the same. I’ve worked in the airline pricing industry in the past so am well aware of tactics used to entice people booking the flights I wanted them to book and deter them from booking the others. It’s all about revenue protection. The end of the day, we all book at a price we individually feel comfortable at and at a time we feel happy to do so. We shouldn’t be attempting to make people feel they are daft for booking 11 months in advance. Be kind people
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks I would also be interested to know when you're supposed to register it, can you do it before leaving the UK?
Just register it when you do it .. super simple .. if you try to register it earlier it tells you not to do it until you're taking the sample
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:10 pm

On board catering

Travelling LHR to LPA this week, so 4+ hours. Is it correct that in addition to comp water and nuts, there is no chance to buy food and drinks onboard? Website gives a pre order option but no clue about what’s on sale. Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Is it easiest to register using a phone or on a laptop, or no difference?
I would say no difference, the page appears to be optimised for a mobile device.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:53 pm

I'm doing a final check before I head to Malaga. UK government 'advises' to take a PCR test for the return to UK test. I'd checked a couple of weeks ago and there seemed to be no issue in taking and showing the result of a LFD. I assume these are being accepted and to be fair I assume most people are using these due to ease and cost. Is it only me that thinks that the UK government are doing a great job of giving wooly advice/guidelines!? It would be far easier for everyone if they just said what to do and what not to do. They really annoy me!! Rant over, for today anyway
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks I would also be interested to know when you're supposed to register it, can you do it before leaving the UK?
Used mobile for whole process rather than iPad or laptop.

Very easy, QR scan the document inside the test which had the registration number. Then registered the kit itself with passport number and date of birth etc.

Step 1 is some weird instruction about standing the tube on the workstation?! Ignored this and stood it on the table! Just like any other NHS test then onwards.

Set alarm for 15 mins then uploaded negative picture. Minutes later certificate was available in dashboard. Saved to phone. Also uploaded to VeriFLY and not long after for got the green tick. Hopefully NCE don’t have any issue with this on Weds!
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Used mobile for whole process rather than iPad or laptop.

Very easy, QR scan the document inside the test which had the registration number. Then registered the kit itself with passport number and date of birth etc.

Step 1 is some weird instruction about standing the tube on the workstation?! Ignored this and stood it on the table! Just like any other NHS test then onwards.

Set alarm for 15 mins then uploaded negative picture. Minutes later certificate was available in dashboard. Saved to phone. Also uploaded to VeriFLY and not long after for got the green tick. Hopefully NCE don’t have any issue with this on Weds!
Thanks going to order instead of Qured to avoid the video call and queuing which can take 25 minutes.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I think the workstation is just the white plastic gizmo to stand the tube with the liquid in !
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the workstation is just the white plastic gizmo to stand the tube with the liquid in !
I thought I had stumbled at the first step definitely didn’t sit on the gizmo
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:47 am

I've used an egg cup or a shot glass before!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Valentineespana
Travelling LHR to LPA this week, so 4+ hours. Is it correct that in addition to comp water and nuts, there is no chance to buy food and drinks onboard? Website gives a pre order option but no clue about what’s on sale. Thanks.
You should be able to buy on board now. However... there have been reports of little / nothing being available. If you want something, better to pre-order (although, that doesn't guarantee it will be loaded and available).
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Valentineespana
Order here https://highlifeshop.com

Thread here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ul-routes.html
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Not as far as I am aware. You're not missing much.
Malaga?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.