Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Or if you got a double whammy, when you finally do get back, you might also be called up by T&T and told to isolate for a further 10 days because someone else on the flight back tested positive on their day 2 test .....
And Jury Duty as soon as you come out of isolation for a triple whammy!
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Or if you got a double whammy, when you finally do get back, you might also be called up by T&T and told to isolate for a further 10 days because someone else on the flight back tested positive on their day 2 test .....
Doesn't that end on the 16th?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Isolation back here wouldn't bother so much as I work from home. Just wouldn't like to explain to my boss why I was stuck in an apartment in Tenerife for another 10 days without a work laptop.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Isolation back here wouldn't bother so much as I work from home. Just wouldn't like to explain to my boss why I was stuck in an apartment in Tenerife for another 10 days without a work laptop.
I don't mean to sound flippant, but can't you just take your laptop.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by carat22
I don't mean to sound flippant, but can't you just take your laptop.
Some companies don't permit them to be taken oveseas due to data security risks.

But yeah I did exactly that to PMI in July for the exact reason that if I did get caught out I could work without issue.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Fair point, but it makes having a laptop pretty redundant.

Like you I will take my laptop and would anyway immaterial of a pandemic.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Doesn't that end on the 16th?
Who knows ?? No need to isolate if pinged and double jabbed after the 16th, but does that also apply if instructed to isolate by T&T ? Presumably not. Will T&T still be calling people up after the 16th - who knows ?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Who knows ?? No need to isolate if pinged and double jabbed after the 16th, but does that also apply if instructed to isolate by T&T ? Presumably not. Will T&T still be calling people up after the 16th - who knows ?
Yes it applies for NHS T&T if notified as a close contact.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Some companies don't permit them to be taken oveseas due to data security risks.

But yeah I did exactly that to PMI in July for the exact reason that if I did get caught out I could work without issue.
No problem taking a laptop overseas for a business trip but not sure what the insurance situation would be for holidays. Also, we had a recent note from HR reminding us that we are only allowed to work remotely within our usual country of residence due to "corporate security rules, tax liability, and health and safety blah, blah, blah..." - though my usual policy is that you can't get in trouble for anything that HR don't find out about.

I will have a think about taking my work laptop with me. If the worst happened I would just need to ask my boss whether he wanted me to work or obey HR rules to the letter thereby passing the decision making buck...
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:44 am

I read about a lot of people uploading their vaccination status and Spanish QR form in Manage My Booking... but either I am blind or I don't seem to have that option. Can anyone provide an idiot's guide please?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 13901
I read about a lot of people uploading their vaccination status and Spanish QR form in Manage My Booking... but either I am blind or I don't seem to have that option. Can anyone provide an idiot's guide please?
You are probably referring to a separate App called VeriFLY, not the actual ba.com MMB.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You are probably referring to a separate App called VeriFLY, not the actual ba.com MMB.
Mmmh, I though it was on MMB. Verifly doesn't seem to be working for Spain flights...
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:45 am

Mmmh, I though it was on MMB. Verifly doesn't seem to be working for Spain flights...
I think it was in MMB I didn't do mine for Spain but did for Greece so maybe its not available.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:49 am

It comes up in MMB three days before departure. I also got a text two days before departure.

VeriFly is for flights back in to UK and some select outbound flights. Spain is not one of them
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:51 am

It's in MMB, but I'd assume the option only appears a few days before the flight.

I uploaded my documents for this flight out to ACE, at LHR check-in the agent confirmed I was ok to fly without my showing anything other than passport.
paulaf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.