Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hello all,
Has anyone been into BCN recently? My partner and I are flying in on Monday (He has a Korean passport, mine is British), we are both double vaxxed with the NHS app proof. A friend recently flew into AGP and said that the Spanish border guards did not want to see the vax proof, but did ask to see a recent test resuly - which she had done as a precaution. Has anyone else heard of this - I understand that all you need if double vaxxed to enter Spain is to fill in their form - and of course do a PCR test within three days of returning to be able to get back in to the UK. Is her experience an anomaly? Any thoughts (or indeed advice re BCN arrivals atm also) gratefully received.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cauchy
Would recommend Eurofins at PMI airport - £25 for lateral flow (rapid antigen) which needs to be booked in advance (though we were early for our slot and it didn't matter). Results within 1 hour - we got ours in the Priority Pass lounge.
Thanks for the suggestion. 27 mins from test to results....had just had my first drink delivered in the lounge when the email arrived.
cauchy likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by Tootall33
Hello all,
Has anyone been into BCN recently? My partner and I are flying in on Monday (He has a Korean passport, mine is British), we are both double vaxxed with the NHS app proof. A friend recently flew into AGP and said that the Spanish border guards did not want to see the vax proof, but did ask to see a recent test resuly - which she had done as a precaution. Has anyone else heard of this - I understand that all you need if double vaxxed to enter Spain is to fill in their form - and of course do a PCR test within three days of returning to be able to get back in to the UK. Is her experience an anomaly? Any thoughts (or indeed advice re BCN arrivals atm also) gratefully received.
I arrived in Madrid last week and all the wanted to see was the QR code in the app.

at checkin in Manchester departing they asked to see my nhs paperwork

all fairly easy.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Tootall33
Hello all,
I was in Barcelona this weekend, the arrivals process was relatively straightforward.

I passed through passport control and there is then a separate point where they check your QR code on the SpTH arrival document.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I have a flight to IBZ on Thursday and - the good passenger I am - I have uploaded my travel documents for verification via MMB.

Got a tracking number and now checking the status - of course totally unexpected given we talk about BA's IT - the tracking web site doesn't tell me anything apart from asking me if I like to add more documents.

Does that actually work and will I be able to check in online tomorrow?

Cheers
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:58 am

Worked for my husband going Palma last week
About 12 hours after he uploaded documents he got a text saying he could check in and download boarding pass

Way back yesterday. Able to check in and documents checked at gate.

I was with Jet2. Way out just my documents checked at the gate (hand luggage only). way back had to have them checked at the desk before being issued with a boarding pass.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Duck1981
I have a flight to IBZ on Thursday and - the good passenger I am - I have uploaded my travel documents for verification via MMB.

Got a tracking number and now checking the status - of course totally unexpected given we talk about BA's IT - the tracking web site doesn't tell me anything apart from asking me if I like to add more documents.

Cheers
My recent experiences have shown that you will get your documents agreed, you will get an email confirming and you will be able to check in as usual.

Have a great trip.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Duck1981

Cheers
It worked for me, OLCI was available. Took about 24 hours to process the documents and have the confirmation email.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Exec, Virgin Atlantic
Flew via GIB. At GIB they were stopping people who had not booked a free test on arrival at GIB airport.

Travelling across the border into Spain the border guard was interested if I was a resident so they could determine if I needed a passport stamp or not - sad times as I did. Didn't ask about vaccines at all.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by layz
Is that how it works? I thought you still had to meet the requirements of the country you're visiting. Some countries like Austria will issue this certificate a few weeks after your first vaccine, does that mean someone from Austria can then visit any other EU country even those who require both doses + 14 days without a test or quarantine? The certificate does have details of the vaccinations on it so it's easy to check if they meet the requirements.
In my case I was more than 14 days vaccinated when my Irish issued EU DCC arrived
It does not guarantee you entry with out a test if it doesn't state you are more than 14 days since your 2nd jab or 14 days since your single dose jaansen jab
But after that, no pcr requirement pre travel to any EU country or quarantine at home
Currently the Irish one is only available if you got your vaccines in the Republic of Ireland
An EU DCC is also available for those recovered from covid valid within 6 months of a positive state conducted pcr test
The other type of DCC is a just a temporary one valid for 72hrs after you took a pcr test

The 14 days fully vaccinated EU DCC is the one to have as its going to be use able for over a year with the caveat that we don't know how long vaccines protect yet without a booster being needed and of course that you can still catch it or get sick from it or spread it etc
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Overnight the government has toughened up the rules for travel from Spain. Or has it? I believe we are now required to get a PCR test when we return, but this morning on Radio 4 Grant Shapps was saying that nothing had really changed. So does anyone know how easy/rapid it is to get a PCR Test (I'll be in Madrid), or do we think that Lateral Flows will will be acceptable?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Overnight the government has toughened up the rules for travel from Spain. Or has it? I believe we are now required to get a PCR test, but this morning Grant Shapps was saying that nothing had really changed. So does anyone know how easy/rapid it is to get a PCR Test (I'll be inMAdrid), or do we think that Lateral Flows will will be acceptable?
No change in Spain, the PCR test is advised, not required.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Overnight the government has toughened up the rules for travel from Spain. Or has it? I believe we are now required to get a PCR test, but this morning Grant Shapps was saying that nothing had really changed. So does anyone know how easy/rapid it is to get a PCR Test (I'll be inMAdrid), or do we think that Lateral Flows will will be acceptable?
I think the information yesterday was that you were advised to take a PCR before return. On that basis I don’t think there will be any changes to the rules and non PCR tests will continue to be fine.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All the reputable media channels that I'm looking at have made it clear that getting PCRs is merely advice, it's not a requirement, and nothing has really changed on that level. Indeed these tests really aren't tests for testing sake. If you are in a locality with a high level of COVID or have had a close encounter with someone positive, getting a PCR is very good advice, whether in Spain, Spen or Streatham.
jonkx likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
For now it's advice rather than a requirement. And as we already have lateral tests sorted out for our return from PMI, I'm not changing anything unless there is a formal change in the rules...

To me this is a sop to placate those who wanted tougher rules for Spain but were overridden by Boris wanting to keep it simple (not to mention the logistical nightmare of putting Spain returnees up in hotels)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.