Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
I think it was in MMB I didn't do mine for Spain but did for Greece so maybe its not available.
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
It comes up in MMB three days before departure. I also got a text two days before departure.

VeriFly is for flights back in to UK and some select outbound flights. Spain is not one of them
Right, I just checked in for my flights... but no MMB option to add documents found. weird.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is Alicante lounge open?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Camflyer
No problem taking a laptop overseas for a business trip but not sure what the insurance situation would be for holidays. Also, we had a recent note from HR reminding us that we are only allowed to work remotely within our usual country of residence due to "corporate security rules, tax liability, and health and safety blah, blah, blah..." - though my usual policy is that you can't get in trouble for anything that HR don't find out about.

I will have a think about taking my work laptop with me. If the worst happened I would just need to ask my boss whether he wanted me to work or obey HR rules to the letter thereby passing the decision making buck...
I wouldn't worry and just take it. I have never asked whether my laptop is insured and would anticipate it would just get replaced. Alternatively I would just tell my boss if you feel it is necessary to pre-empt any potential issues. After all its you trying to ensure that there is no loss of productivity/ missed obligations on work, which I am sure they will accommodate.
On the tax etc, aren't they referring to knowingly working outside of your country of residence on a long term basis which is a tax liability as opposed to a short trip which isn't any different from 2 weeks in any other country for work.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by 13901
Right, I just checked in for my flights... but no MMB option to add documents found. weird.
Thanks for this! I checked (3 days before travel) and both the app and the website asked me to fill form and upload docs:
  • vaccination certificates
  • Spain Travel Health (?) form - which can be started but only completed 48 hrs before travel
So I'll have a try tomorrow.
13901 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Strikes by security staff at Malaga today. BA proactively sent texts and emails to let us know asking everybody to be at the airport two and a half hours before the flight to mitigate the impact.

Check in opens two hours before the flight of course. Its real busy.

Edited to add... Verifly accepted, saved some agro and 5 mins. The checkin was a complete zoo but they opened up another club desk quickly and we were checked 25 mins after the gate opened. There are 9 rows of CE today but looked like 80 people in the priority queue. People were getting agitated with plenty of DWKWIA comments and I would think that the people at the back won't have any lounge time at all.

Then security queues were HUGE but the fast track was open and we managed to save another 30 mins there.. the stikers are outside the airport blowing whistles and chanting to add to the ambience.

The queue in the lounge for food/drinks was bigger than normal too..

Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by sunshinebob; Aug 13, 2021 at 2:41 am
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:53 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone had any recent experience with antigen tests vs. PCR for return to the UK from Spain? If I understand correctly, PCR is not strictly mandatory but "advised." Am scheduled to have a rapid antigen test at MAD airport (within the UK specificity range) but don't want any issues at check in. It is a BA booking but operated by Iberia, MAD-LHR.

Oddly, the Iberia site lists antigen as acceptable to the UK, but then has a warning about a fine for not having a negative PCR test.

Thank you for any experiences/information to put my mind at ease!
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, just to emphasise timatic (which is what check in agents will be looking at) still says the following:

6. Passengers entering or transiting through the United Kingdom must have a negative COVID-19 test result. The test must have been taken at most 3 days before departure of the last direct flight to the United Kingdom. Tests accepted are: antigen, LAMP, nucleic acid and PCR tests.
The suggestion to take a PCR is just that. I haven't seen any reports of any agents trying to insist otherwise. I know with the constantly changing requirements for every country there is always room for unfortunate confusion from check in agents, but tbh this isn't one I would be worried about.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:49 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, just to emphasise timatic (which is what check in agents will be looking at) still says the following:

The suggestion to take a PCR is just that. I haven't seen any reports of any agents trying to insist otherwise. I know with the constantly changing requirements for every country there is always room for unfortunate confusion from check in agents, but tbh this isn't one I would be worried about.

I truly appreciate your encouraging advice! Thank you!
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by zat_dude
Thanks for this! I checked (3 days before travel) and both the app and the website asked me to fill form and upload docs:
  • vaccination certificates
  • Spain Travel Health (?) form - which can be started but only completed 48 hrs before travel
So I'll have a try tomorrow.
SpTH process completed with relative ease, generated QR codes available for download as .pdf as well as .pkpass for storing in the Wallet app.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is Alicante lounge open?
Not as far as I am aware. You're not missing much.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Strikes by security staff at Malaga today. BA proactively sent texts and emails to let us know asking everybody to be at the airport two and a half hours before the flight to mitigate the impact.
Obviously all timed for max effect as this is the big changeover w/e for Spanish holidaymakers. Do you know if this is a one off or part of a series ? Next trip booked Sun to Sun, and hoping the strikers won't be willing to give up their w/e (or overtime ??) to further the cause !
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:22 am

Hi. Just need a sanity check in preparation for my next trip to Spain. As rules currently stand, is the following correct? That as being double Covid-19 jabbed, I can simply show my phone with my electronic NHS Covid-19 travel pass at checkin leaving the UK and that's fine for Spain arrival too? I'll probably have a print out too just in case, but good to know that you can just show the pass on your phone. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:23 am

Hello from the Velazquez lounge. I had no issues going through immigration and security today but it’s to be mentioned that the queue for non-EU passengers at border checks at T4S was long. I don’t think the e-Gates are usable for Brits.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Just need a sanity check in preparation for my next trip to Spain. As rules currently stand, is the following correct? That as being double Covid-19 jabbed, I can simply show my phone with my electronic NHS Covid-19 travel pass at checkin leaving the UK and that's fine for Spain arrival too? I'll probably have a print out too just in case, but good to know that you can just show the pass on your phone. Thanks.
you need a Spain Travel Health form too

ypur NHS covid pass on your phone is accepted
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
All correct and definitely best also to have a print backup in case of phone failure / loss. You also need to complete a Spain Travel form within 48 hrs of arrival. It gives you a QR code that will be scanned on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.