Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Flew to AGP on the 18th. Horrendous process, approx 50 mins from gate to baggage reclaim. Mega passport queue right back to the gate, and then at least 10 mins to get through health control (being held in a snaking queue in the area between passport control and the escalators down to the health control desks / baggage reclaim). Every person was being checked at health control.
Sounds like the process hasn’t changed much since I was there in November 21
Old Feb 10, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Does anyone know if a valid TIE (residents card) allows people use the EU/Spanish document lines at Immigration at Madrid?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They don't.
marconess likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by marconess
Does anyone know if a valid TIE (residents card) allows people use the EU/Spanish document lines at Immigration at Madrid?
They don't, at least officially. However there is no harm, if the EU queue is short-to-non-existent and the non-EU queue is not, in going up and asking. All the desks have the same equipment to check passports and all the border officers know what to do. Worst case you will be told to get lost. We have tried this a couple of times at Barcelona and always been let through.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Every person was being checked at health control.
That's all gone now as well, finally, face masks on planes (as of 8 February).
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by marconess
Me: French passport and British passport
Husband: British passport + TIE

We can use the EU queue when we travel together. When he's travelling on his own, he needs to use the non EU queue.
That seems to be the general rule as each time they tell us something different!
marconess likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bastien003
each time they tell us something different!
That's the problem. Each agent seems to make up their own rules about which queue you can use, whether or not to stamp your passport, whether to scan your TIE or your passport, etc.

FWIW, only BCN has a large separation between the EU passport control and everybody else. At MAD it's far more mixed, unless you've come in behind a couple of long haul flights and they've made an effort to separate the arrivals.
marconess likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:41 am

When I arrived to ACE in December all the EU passport holders were directed to que at the booths and British passports to e-gates and then to booths to get a stamp. Go figure
marconess likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
In some good news from Palma, it looks like the Module A lounge is getting a much, much needed refurb. Same location but opens up to a much larger area with similar style furniture as the other three lounges at the airport.
Couldn't get a timeframe of when it would open.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by flyslow
When I arrived to ACE in December all the EU passport holders were directed to que at the booths and British passports to e-gates and then to booths to get a stamp. Go figure
Always good to collect a stamp in my passport as long as process in getting one isn't too onerous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.