Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:44 pm

Thank you BAeuro - I can't seem to find SVQ in Nov 2022, does it mean that BA will stop flying there, or just that the winter schedule isn't out yet?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I was looking at Seville a few minutes ago for a trip in March. My first attempt flying on a Saturday yielded nothing but on the Sunday was offered both direct by BA and various combinations of BA and IB connecting through MAD. I think various flights have been cancelled and the different parts of the BA website cope variably with offering alternative days and routes.

A change in MAD is not difficult and being four flights in total gives you extra Avios and tier points.
I'm off to Seville in February - out via MAD return direct. Doesn't bother me, the lounges in MAD are good and it's some extra TP. even if Spanish domestic are at a lower rate.

Even better IB are operating an A330 on the LHR-MAD leg so that's the long haul seat.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Quick question please - colleague travelling to Spain in Feb half term. Five in the family (Mum Dad + 5yrs, 12yrs, 14yrs) the kids won't be fully vaccinated as they weren't offered second vax, BUT all three plus one adult currently have Covid. So they will all be fully recovered by Feb. Both parents fully vaccinated, will Spain allow entry / BA board with the three children being on a "proof of recovery" certificate ? This must be a common occurrence for parents of unvaccinated children ?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Thank you BAeuro - I can't seem to find SVQ in Nov 2022, does it mean that BA will stop flying there, or just that the winter schedule isn't out yet?
BA haven’t loaded Gatwick flights for W22 yet - meaning there are currently no flights to SVQ/LPA/ACE/ALC for that period at the moment.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:07 am

Deleted
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA haven’t loaded Gatwick flights for W22 yet - meaning there are currently no flights to SVQ/LPA/ACE/ALC for that period at the moment.
Flights are now being loaded
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:57 am

and an interesting 3 aircraft base from Vueling at LGW to be announced with lots of the secondary Spanish destinations…
Vueling LGW Base
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gw76
and an interesting 3 aircraft base from Vueling at LGW to be announced with lots of the secondary Spanish destinations…
Vueling LGW Base
Thanks for the tip! Just booked 9 seats LGW AGP for early April for a stag do for only £46 each, will make do with rucksacks only
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Thanks for the tip! Just booked 9 seats LGW AGP for early April for a stag do for only £46 each, will make do with rucksacks only
is that return?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
is that return?
Yep - £38 for worse timings. The £46 were decent times 09.50 out of LGW and 19.00 back in
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BAeuro
ACE
AGP
ALC - resumes in March
BCN
BIO - ends in March
EAS - July/Aug only
IBZ
LPA
MAD
MAH - resumes May
PMI
SVQ
TFS
VLC
Is there any prospect for a direct FUE service this year?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Any idea if there will be a revival of the LCY - GRX service (which was a useful emergency backup if AGP flights were full / grossly overpriced, and added some further Avios availability down to Andalucia) ?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Any idea if there will be a revival of the LCY - GRX service (which was a useful emergency backup if AGP flights were full / grossly overpriced, and added some further Avios availability down to Andalucia) ?
Whist not directly answering your question (I have no idea) there is huge availability of award flights to Malaga currently with multiple seats available every day.

Seat spy offerings when searching for 2 seats :- Green CE and Grey ET with approx 60 lots of two seats available most months including the summer holidays
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Quick question please - colleague travelling to Spain in Feb half term. Five in the family (Mum Dad + 5yrs, 12yrs, 14yrs) the kids won't be fully vaccinated as they weren't offered second vax, BUT all three plus one adult currently have Covid. So they will all be fully recovered by Feb. Both parents fully vaccinated, will Spain allow entry / BA board with the three children being on a "proof of recovery" certificate ? This must be a common occurrence for parents of unvaccinated children ?
As I understand the Spanish reg's for those 12 and over, they only accept double Vax - gov.uk says proof of recovery is not acceptable. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by kath2049
As I understand the Spanish reg's for those 12 and over, they only accept double Vax - gov.uk says proof of recovery is not acceptable. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
This problem has been featured in multiple news stories, which have said that there will be a lot of disappointed families at half term.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/booking-spain-half-term-holiday-covid-vaccine-rules-b978983.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.