Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by jonkx
Sorry to ask, does anyone know if the actual PCR Test to fly to Spain has to be within 48 hours of arrival, or is it the result certificate, ie when it is emailed to you? And are the Spanish authorities precise on the timing, e.g. if you're an hour or two over, will they still accept the result? Struggling with Boots at the moment who say they'll email the result 'within 48 hours'
According to the uk.gov website it's the time of the certificate, although that looks a little odd. I think it unlikely that there would be an issue at the Spanish end if you are a couple of hours out (of course, you could always be unlucky), but you might have a problem when checking in. I have no idea how picky BA are being at the moment given the staff shortages and the number of people that they are dealing with, but they do seem to be the main gatekeepers now for all the testing.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Jul 9, 2021 at 12:16 am
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
A few August Malagas are currently being Zeroed
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by A P Yu
A few August Malagas are currently being Zeroed
Or selling out following Schapps's comments yesterday.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:47 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by jonkx
Sorry to ask, does anyone know if the actual PCR Test to fly to Spain has to be within 48 hours of arrival, or is it the result certificate, ie when it is emailed to you? And are the Spanish authorities precise on the timing, e.g. if you're an hour or two over, will they still accept the result? Struggling with Boots at the moment who say they'll email the result 'within 48 hours'
sorry I was under the impression that an antigen/lateral flow was accepted. Can someone confirm if this is the case.hope so at least you get the results almost immediately hence no 11th hour dramatics waiting for pcr test results back. I was lucky when I flew out to PMI mid June as island went to green just prior to our return and there was no need for any testing prior to entry to Spain.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Or selling out following Schapps's comments yesterday.
Unlikey as some others are wide open. I think they've just realised that they dont need 5 on a sunday
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fdem
sorry I was under the impression that an antigen/lateral flow was accepted. Can someone confirm if this is the case.hope so at least you get the results almost immediately hence no 11th hour dramatics waiting for pcr test results back. I was lucky when I flew out to PMI mid June as island went to green just prior to our return and there was no need for any testing prior to entry to Spain.
Antigen tests no longer accepted for UK citizens.

Fastest turnaround option is a LAMP test at the airport. £68 (with BA discount) via collisons. Results returned within 90-120mins
ENTP likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
… and can be closer to 60 mins. The nurse taking mine said to expect in c. 60 and it was indeed ready in 67 mins.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Antigen tests no longer accepted for UK citizens.

Fastest turnaround option is a LAMP test at the airport. £68 (with BA discount) via collisons. Results returned within 90-120mins
Is this an option at LCY?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:03 pm

I will need a LAMP test in a couple of weeks (fully vaccinated but in a trial, so it won't be accepted for entry by Spain at the moment), I'm based in central London and would like to do it the day before travel to add some safety margin (i.e. if the results don't turn up, get to LHR early and retest with Collinson at T5).

Presumably BA won't allow me to check-in without a test result, doing it at LHR on the day would mean arriving 2+ hours earlier then hanging around with a lot of luggage etc. for 1.5-2 hours until the result.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get a 2-3 hour LAMP test in central London? I've searched but not found any so far. Fast PCR tests are 4x more expensive and I don't trust 'same day' PCR to be on time (bitter experience)

Otherwise I'll end up taking a round trip to O2 or LCY to do it!

Last edited by sungod; Jul 8, 2021 at 12:07 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:05 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
AGP today was a total PITA.
Arrived exactly 2 hours before departure at check in - long lines. The Priority line seemed to be the longest by miles so I joined another.
Doc checks extremely slow. I think it took about 45 mins to get to the desk.
Security lines crazy long. Fortunately fast-pass was working ok, so only about 20 mins to get through security. About a 10 person line at the passport desk then to the B gates. I got to the gate 5 mins before boarding started, and I was one of 5 for a full A321…. Boarding back to front again.

Now on board. Should have left 10 mins ago. 1st officer came on and said that a lot of passengers stuck in the terminal, so a bit of a delay.

Anyway - just a warning for other AGP-LHR passengers. Be prepared for a slow process….
adrianlondon and jonr405 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
AGP today was a total PITA.
Arrived exactly 2 hours before departure at check in - long lines. The Priority line seemed to be the longest by miles so I joined another.
Doc checks extremely slow. I think it took about 45 mins to get to the desk.
Security lines crazy long. Fortunately fast-pass was working ok, so only about 20 mins to get through security. About a 10 person line at the passport desk then to the B gates. I got to the gate 5 mins before boarding started, and I was one of 5 for a full A321…. Boarding back to front again.

Now on board. Should have left 10 mins ago. 1st officer came on and said that a lot of passengers stuck in the terminal, so a bit of a delay.

Anyway - just a warning for other AGP-LHR passengers. Be prepared for a slow process….
I was on a half full flight from AGP last week. Check in effectively had no priority queue, and I queued there for exact,y 1 hr. Security was actually ok, but I queued 10 mins in the lounge for a coffee ! Passports had a longish slow moving queue of 30-40 people.

There are now 2 probs. If one person has a problem at check-in (and there are likely to be many more now) it will effectively bring a queue to a grinding halt. As all UK passports now have to be stamped in and out, the old habit of just waving people through if the lines get too long, no longer works. Every single passport has to be run through the machine before being stamped. Also, it is hard to see how the Spanish e-gates can ever be used for UK passports.
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:39 am

Hi all, travelling at 11.10am on Monday morning to Ibiza, with my LAMP booked in London City at 07.30am that morning. BA website now saying I need to upload the negative certificate before checking in. I was working on the assumption we'd be able to take the certificates that Collinson give us to the check in desk and do it the traditonal way. Is this going to be allowed or will I need to attempt to upload my certificate myself in the airport? Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Also, it is hard to see how the Spanish e-gates can ever be used for UK passports.
PMI have the e-gates open. Border officials have a stand set up after the e-gates to simply stamp UK passports.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Question we are flying Glasgow to Heathrow on the afternoon of 3rd Sept overnighting at LHR and travelling onto Valencia (still currently available to book) early the next morning. I presume that we have to have our negative Covid Test results for Check in at Glasgow, is that correct.

On the basis that is correct according to my research we have to have the test completed 3 days before arriving in Spain as such would having it done on Wednesday 1st Sept be acceptable to the Spanish Authorities?

Would using Qured be a good testing provider be a good choice?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by cameramaker
PMI have the e-gates open. Border officials have a stand set up after the e-gates to simply stamp UK passports.
Ibiza have the same process

it took me 6 mins to get through Ibiza to the bus stop this morning.
mikeyfly and cameramaker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.