Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Surely printed is best. BA will also want to check your status.
i downloaded the PDF to my phone and uploaded to BA digitally.

Ibiza didn’t ask for it on arrival.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
Yes, printed is definitely best.

Question is more is it necessary (I don't have a printer at home). Also same q for my husbands pcr test result (may only get that at 10pm Saturday, leave for airport 8am sunday).
The Spanish are generally pretty easy going, so I would not worry unduly if you have them on your phone.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
The Spanish are generally pretty easy going, so I would not worry unduly if you have them on your phone.
Thanks, that's good to know!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Spain has also been pretty vocal in being 'digital first' for everything covid-travel related. You won't have a problem showing your test results on your phone.
want2goeverywhere likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I’ll be embracing the digital entry this weekend. As a 31yo I obviously don’t own a printer and used to rely on doing all that stuff at work’s office.
want2goeverywhere likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Incase anyone made the c*ck up that I made and booked an RAT instead of LAMP for Spain from Collinson at the aiport, I wouldn't bother trying to email them to sort it, as I haven't heard back. It is very easy just to login, cancel your RAT and then book the LAMP. Sadly it's twice the price, but with the BA discount, i'm not too annoyed by £67 each. Refund for orginal test supposedly coming in 7-14 days.
Yup, I made a complete ar$e up trying to book a test for my return to the US last weekend. I mistakenly ordered the antibody test, rather than the antigen test required by the US CDC. I immediately cancelled the incorrect antibody test and ordered the correct antigen test for the exact same time slot. I then mailed Collinson to enquire about a refund for the incorrect test booking. They pinged me back about 2hrs later asking me to provide the booking reference, test type/date, how much I paid, etc. I replied back immediately and then crickets. To be fair, the refund for the incorrect test showed up on my credit about 2 days later.

Im still kicking myself that I didn’t know about the BA 20% discount when I booked my 5 day TTR through them.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Departing Glasgow the check-in agent thanks us for being so organised with paperwork for heading to PMI via LHR.

Had to use desks as despite uploading paperwork on the app was never verified and therefore no OLCI.

PMI had waits of 90minutes for immigration with 4 officers checking all passports. Once at the front process was 60seconds but just the volume of people. One plus was at least luggage beat us to the belt ( a rarity at PMI).
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by marconess
PMI had waits of 90minutes for immigration with 4 officers checking all passports.
Arrivong a few miles across the water in MAH (Menorca) yesterday, we saw no queues at all.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by aahjnnot
Arrivong a few miles across the water in MAH (Menorca) yesterday, we saw no queues at all.
Oh great! The local (English) press suggest it's been like this for the last week.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by marconess
Departing Glasgow the check-in agent thanks us for being so organised with paperwork for heading to PMI via LHR.

Had to use desks as despite uploading paperwork on the app was never verified and therefore no OLCI.

PMI had waits of 90minutes for immigration with 4 officers checking all passports. Once at the front process was 60seconds but just the volume of people. One plus was at least luggage beat us to the belt ( a rarity at PMI).
Amazingly the long immigration line at PMI, yesterday, was snaking through the departure area. The Mallorcan press were critical of the authorities who didn’t appear to increase staffing to cope with huge numbers of arriving Brits.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:27 am

https://spth.gob.es/

Is that site legit ?

You put in your vaccination details from any country if fully vaccinated and no need for a test?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Earthman

Is that site legit ?

You put in your vaccination details from any country if fully vaccinated and no need for a test?
This line in particular as all I have is my HSE Ireland vaccination card which has my name,the dates and batch numbers of the 2 doses
2nd one more than 14 days ago

"If you do not have a EU Digital COVID Certificate, do not worry, in section 4. Health Questionnaire, of the form, you can enter the details of the supporting document (vaccination/test/COVID-19 recovery) that you have, and if everything is correct you will obtain a QR that will be identified as DOCUMENTARY CONTROL."
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Earthman

Is that site legit ?

gob=gobierno=government

es=espana=spain

so it’s a Spanish government website so legit
Earthman and jonr405 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I booked yesterday an Avios redemption for a long weekend early September in IBZ departing from LCY, but somehow expect the Balearics to be on Amber by then.

Happy to accept a rebooking to a LHR departure (the airport is much closer to my home but I did not find suitable Avios availability for my dates)
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:45 am

Sorry to ask, does anyone know if the actual PCR Test to fly to Spain has to be within 48 hours of arrival, or is it the result certificate, ie when it is emailed to you? And are the Spanish authorities precise on the timing, e.g. if you're an hour or two over, will they still accept the result? Struggling with Boots at the moment who say they'll email the result 'within 48 hours'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.