Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New High Life Café catering on BA short haul routes

Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
Complimentary offerings
Euro Traveller: water and an ambient snack (eg. cereal bar in the morning, packet of pretzels rest of the day)
Club Europe: full food and bar service

Speedbird Café
Pre-ordered food and beverage service on BA mainline short haul flights, begins 20 January 2021. Available to passengers travelling in Euro Traveller and Club Europe. Items must be be ordered online - minimum 12 hours before departure on services from London, a minimum of 24 hours from outstations. Some flights to London have a longer lead time of 30 hours - see night-stop info below.

Order online via the High Life Shop

Speedbird Café Menu

List of night-stop flights which require the longer 30 hour lead time for orders

Noteworthy information:
Pre-order only: no additional product will be loaded for sale on board and therefore no trolley service or printed menus

Crew will have new TourPOS devices for confirming delivery and taking pre-orders for future flights

Complimentary service first, then delivery of pre-orders. These will be assembled by crew - food delivered in paper bags, drinks by tray.

Not possible to earn or spend Avios on Speedbird Cafe however this option will still be available for Highlife Shop orders

Mainline only

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum

Full Euro Traveller menu online here:

https://tourvestretailservices.cld.bz/BritishAirways-SpeedbirdCafe
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Being widely shared on twitter now, new BA BoB menu. Not sure when this is supposed to go live. Also pre-order from the menu up to 12 hours before for a flight exLondon, and up to 24 hours before for flights arriving in to London. Also no more pay with avios?

https://tourvestretailservices.cld.b...-SpeedbirdCafe
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Pre order is certainly a decent enhancement
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Being widely shared on twitter now, new BA BoB menu. Not sure when this is supposed to go live. Also pre-order from the menu up to 12 hours before for a flight exLondon, and up to 24 hours before for flights arriving in to London. Also no more pay with avios?

https://tourvestretailservices.cld.b...-SpeedbirdCafe
20th January for go live.
Free water and snack
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JFX1764
20th January for go live.
Free water and snack
If the water + crisps (presumably) continues to be pro-actively offered then this plus the pre-ordering would certainly be an improvement on the status quo and status quo ante.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Buy with Avios appears to have been dropped.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by tom139
Buy with Avios appears to have been dropped.
Was it taking longer to pay with avios verses card?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looks pretty good, however as ever it's the execution of it that counts.

If the sandwiches etc are as good as they look, and they're loaded in sufficient quantity then it should have a good reception. Pre-ordering should mitigate some of the risk of things not being available for the regulars, however the once a year holidaymakers booking through a travel agent won't have a scooby that they need to pre-order their pie.

Also nice to see the partnership with BrewDog has continued as well.
bafan likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And here are all the screenshots to save you clicking on the link:

Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Here we go again... bread and bread and more bread. Is this the best BA can do?
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Two steps forward.. one step back. Total missed opportunity here to go that extra mile for pax in at least offering complimentary tea/coffee/water. No recognition for status passengers either. easyJet at least have some really good multi buy offers such as a meal deal and on alcohol - this isn’t the case with BA - I note the G&T combo which is advertised as ‘only’ Ł7.60 (v steep imo) is the same cost as buying both items individually..

Poor show Sean!
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I would gladly pay for a hot square meal, even if not the greatest quality. But not a sarnie I can get in most terminals (or indeed for free in most lounges)
I'm sure someone will come up with a galley space excuse as to why this can't be offered - all of BA's own making of course
lhrpete and fartoomanyusers like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:26 pm

I understand that, however, it needs to be pre-booked and it’s not stuff available to “buy on board”? Or have I gotten it wrong?

Also, my OH is questioning the wisdom of calling a cocktail “in the pink”. I must admit not having the faintest idea of what she was on about until I found the third meaning in the online Urban Dictionary...

Finally, we must talk about the cauliflower & chickpea spicy wrap. Give me that on a 2-3 hour flight and I think there might be a diversion on the cards... or deployment of the oxygen masks.

Glad to see the Mount Gay rum is remaining though.
jfallesen likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Two steps forward.. one step back. Total missed opportunity here to go that extra mile for pax in at least offering complimentary tea/coffee/water. No recognition for status passengers either. easyJet at least have some really good multi buy offers such as a meal deal and on alcohol - this isn’t the case with BA - I note the G&T combo which is advertised as ‘only’ Ł7.60 (v steep imo) is the same cost as buying both items individually..

Poor show Sean!
Post #182 suggests there will now be complimentary water and a snack.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by 13901
Also, my OH is questioning the wisdom of calling a cocktail “in the pink”. I must admit not having the faintest idea of what she was on about until I found the third meaning in the online Urban Dictionary...
The ex-MF Facebook page is also having a field day over this

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.