Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by BAECAddict
I am beginning to question the point of VeriFly. I have now dutifully completed the VeriFly information for three eligible flights (Iceland -> UK, UK-> France, France -> UK) and whilst the process was pretty easy including rapid review of the various test certificates, the whole exercise seemed pretty pointless because at no point at any of Keflavik, Toulouse or T5 was I asked for, or given the opportunity to show, my VeriFly app. Am I missing something here? Should I have just volunteered the app when I was asked for my documentation at check in/boarding? I get that VeriFly is only for BA's benefit and I still have to show my paperwork (hard copy or electronically) to the various government officials, be it border control or public health. Would be interested to hear whether there is really any point in using it.
Yes - you should just volunteer it at checkin. I just hand over my passport and show them the Verifly app and they sigh with relief at not having to check through any Covid documents.
BAECAddict likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by ajamieson
What am I doing wrong?

I go to create a trip and for Greece it only allows me to ceate an AA or EI itinerary, nothing else. In the Help section, is says "VeriFLY supports all flights from the UK from ... " and Greece isn't listed. But I see people on here using VeriFLY in Greece. What very obvious thing am I missing?
It will be helpful leaving Greece back to UK. We flew to Greece in August and just uploaded our docs to MMB for the LHR-Greece sector.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
MMB ... so you're talking about the BA website?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by ajamieson
MMB ... so you're talking about the BA website?
Yes, I think I got an email about it a few days before departure.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
For BA travel to Greece, outbound documents are loaded into MMB on BA.com. Inbound to the UK, use VeriFly.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Any experiences of using VariFly from Corfu (CFU) to LHR? Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Adstring
Any experiences of using VariFly from Corfu (CFU) to LHR? Thanks
Not Corfu, but CHQ to LHR was made slightly easier. At first they wanted to see a copy of all the docs but accepted the ticks in verifly as proof of test result. PLF they wanted to see actual copy.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by marble35
Not Corfu, but CHQ to LHR was made slightly easier. At first they wanted to see a copy of all the docs but accepted the ticks in verifly as proof of test result. PLF they wanted to see actual copy.
Thanks. By actual copy, I assume digital (on phone) is ok?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Adstring
Thanks. By actual copy, I assume digital (on phone) is ok?
Yes, on phone was fine. And to be clear, this was at check-in at CHQ. At LHR, we had to see an immigration officer as we had kids but they only wanted to see passports. I heard that VeriFly may be linked somehow to Border Force and speeds this bit up. HTH.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
At DUB I showed my green status on VeriFLY app but the check-in agent still asked to see a copy of the PCR test result for my connection to Dubai.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Documents approved in seconds for an upcoming trip to Dubai.
I'm hoping to use for DXB also. Please do let us know how you get on. What test are you planning to use for your return?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 2002ad
I'm hoping to use for DXB also. Please do let us know how you get on. What test are you planning to use for your return?
I used Collinson drive through at MAN.
I’ve packed Chronomics for the return test.
I’m using Randox for the day 2 test.

All 3 were the cheapest and most reliable.
Ordered the Chronomics and Randox tests earlier than needed to ensure that the arrived on time.

Benefit of Chronomics is that you don’t have to book a video appointment so more flexible than Qured.
2002ad likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by marble35
Yes, on phone was fine. And to be clear, this was at check-in at CHQ. At LHR, we had to see an immigration officer as we had kids but they only wanted to see passports. I heard that VeriFly may be linked somehow to Border Force and speeds this bit up. HTH.
Thanks. Also have kids with us so looking forward to the full Heathrow experience!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Excellent experience in RHO yesterday. Dedicated VeriFLY Lane with no one in so was called straight to the front of the queue - agent at the desk only wanted to see each of our “green ticks” on the app and did not need to check anything else (had already checked in online). The whole check in/bag drop experience took no longer than 5 minutes.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Verifly experiences getting better for me, with reassurances. AMS, BER, CDG and LHR (to CDG) over the past month have all been successful.

General rule of thumb - never use a mobile boarding pass to board (for now; unless you're domestic) since the paper one indicates document check complete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.