FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VeriFLY experiences
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:16 pm
BAAZ

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by BAECAddict
I am beginning to question the point of VeriFly. I have now dutifully completed the VeriFly information for three eligible flights (Iceland -> UK, UK-> France, France -> UK) and whilst the process was pretty easy including rapid review of the various test certificates, the whole exercise seemed pretty pointless because at no point at any of Keflavik, Toulouse or T5 was I asked for, or given the opportunity to show, my VeriFly app. Am I missing something here? Should I have just volunteered the app when I was asked for my documentation at check in/boarding? I get that VeriFly is only for BA's benefit and I still have to show my paperwork (hard copy or electronically) to the various government officials, be it border control or public health. Would be interested to hear whether there is really any point in using it.
Yes - you should just volunteer it at checkin. I just hand over my passport and show them the Verifly app and they sigh with relief at not having to check through any Covid documents.