Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
8 (forom 3 cities) of us travelling tomorrow on 3 PNRs to France. Struggling to deal with the digital verification process (Verifly doesnt like my sis-in-law's scottish NHS qr code, dPLF is a pain to do as we dont know seat numbers for some, etc)

Can I rock up to the First Wing with 8 passports and 8 printed out vacc certs and they can sort it for us? Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
8 (forom 3 cities) of us travelling tomorrow on 3 PNRs to France. Struggling to deal with the digital verification process (Verifly doesnt like my sis-in-law's scottish NHS qr code, dPLF is a pain to do as we dont know seat numbers for some, etc)

Can I rock up to the First Wing with 8 passports and 8 printed out vacc certs and they can sort it for us? Thanks.
Sorry - i need to bump this - flying tomorrow and want to know if i need to spend two hours tonight trying to get this fixed - or if i can get to airport at 11am tomorrow for BA to help me and sort boarding passes? Thanks - and sorry for the bumped thread
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Do not waste time with Verifly. Even the check-in agents at LHR think it is a joke.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Do not waste time with Verifly. Even the check-in agents at LHR think it is a joke.
Thanks! will go to FW with 8 pieces of paper (x3 sheets 24) and hope we get on the (cancelled and moved 2 hrs later) flight.

Flying used to be SOOOO much less stressful - even 32 sectors to Panama rtn was easier than this!!!
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
After OLCI opened and I could check in 'we can't verify your covid doc' despite being all green in Verifly, I submitted manually using that link.

Within 10mins I had an email from BA saying my docs were approved and I should OLCI

Went to OLCI and it still doesn't work.

I deleted my trip from Verifly to start again and now it 'can't find passenger'
Strangely if I use the aa locator for the same booking (it's LGW - JFK-CLT) it will find the passenger. But I don't think that would help for the LGW to jfk leg on BA.
Noting this is a BA ticket (starts 125-)

It looks like there has been a change in Verifly in the last week. Previously I had to 'add trip to usa' but this no longer works and you have to use 'add trip via booking reference'
seems it’s working, as in I have an active pass on Verifly…..but from other posts it seems online check in won’t work anyway. Will find out tomorrow morning…..would love to skip airport check in.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Flying BA for the first time in yonks. Do you actually need to do the whole Verifly thing or is it optional? Is there any benefit? Flying HEL-LHR-TLS this week

TIA
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Without status in my wife's situation, because I could not figure out how to "verifly her" I could not check her in and could not choose a seat for her because she has no status and at T-24, she was locked out of the seat selection process. The app is simply not intuitive for me and I did not wish to play with it to get it to function as it should. Perhaps it is on me.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:14 am

Check in agent at the FW smiled as I gave her the 8 passports and I said, “I have all the covid certificates printed”. “That’s nice” she said and then printed the 8 boarding passes without looking at them! Lol. The queue for security was back out the FW entrance, so we headed to fast track north which was very empty.
alex67500 and finchy168 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:17 am

So managed to do online check-in, so now waiting for AirPortr to pick up the bags so as to avoid bag drop.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wanderingjock

Appreciate after the event now (and hope you got away OK), but I found VeriFLY couldn't cope with NHS Scotland QR codes (which scanned fine in person in France in March!) but in fairness they approved the PDF document from the NHS Inform website in a couple of minutes.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Appreciate after the event now (and hope you got away OK), but I found VeriFLY couldn't cope with NHS Scotland QR codes (which scanned fine in person in France in March!) but in fairness they approved the PDF document from the NHS Inform website in a couple of minutes.
Yup. It used to work fine with NHS Scotland codes and then it broke sometime in March/April.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:59 am

See my post #1688.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
Flying BA for the first time in yonks. Do you actually need to do the whole Verifly thing or is it optional? Is there any benefit? Flying HEL-LHR-TLS this week

TIA
Last few trips I haven't bothered - and had no issues checking in. Really depends I guess on destination and that country's requirements.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
I flew LHR-DFW on Saturday, wasn't sure I needed the Verifly app, but AA strongly suggested it (on a BA flight number), documents uploaded easily.
At T3, the queue for 'main cabin' were pretty long (well past the designated lanes in the check out area and over to the other side of the hall), I didn't spot the business check ins (in area E), but did spot a couple of 'verifly' specific check in desks with a handful of people in, so joined that. Within minutes of joining the queue it had at least tripled in length! But only took me about 5-10 mins to check in.
At the US end, not sure how much difference it made but others seemed to be taking a while at the passport check, I romped up, and it was literally a case of slide the passport in, question of 'where are you staying'...then 'off you go', no finger prints, no stamp in the passport or anything, others seemed to be there 5mins or so each.
Chatted to a fellow Brit in the queue who was at the counter far longer. Not sure what the key point was... Verifly (didnt ask), passport (he had a new passport since his last US trip, mine was the same), both on a 'new' ESTA.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum
DEN - VeriFLY or MMB?

Hi all

I have a friend who is a very inexperienced flyer (daughter of a good friend).

She is off to DEN on BA on Saturday and is getting stressed and confused (in equal message) about what she needs to.

So rather than solely relying on my views - especially as I haven’t flown to the US post pandemic- I would appreciate advice on the following points.

1. Does VeriFLY work for DEN?

Per the BA website it is one of the US destinations where it doesn’t and you have to do the attestation etc via MMB.

But the email she received yesterday said MMB only applies if you are flying to DFW/ORD/MCO/PHX

2. If VeriFLY does work for DEN does it bring any advantages - such as OLCI - vs.simply providing the info (proof of Covid vaccination/ attestation) at Check In.

For a youngish person she is unusually not too “tech savvy”!

3. Can the Attestation even be presented at Check In as a paper document or must it be uploaded (via either MMB or VeriFLY)?

Thanks as always for any responses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.