Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by RichieMc
They're not ex-UK so sadly not eligible anyway.
Ahhh of course. I'm mixing up my INV BAH booking with my SOF flight only.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Which tier are you trying to reach with those 480 TPs? How many TPs do you currently have?
Gold, from (what will be) ~650 tier points. I have 540 or so TP worth of travel Jan to April next year (May year end), but that wont be enough once the tier point reduction expires.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: BA
I've got to go to Seattle to start work commencing the week beginning 11th July. My company will only pay for me to go economy with BA direct from LHR-SEA flying 10th and returning on the evening of 15th, if I want to fly any other class or route I just have to pay the difference
I have zero tier points currently but I'm silver status and my year end is August so can re-qualify with 300 tier points which means I want to get as close to the 300 on this trip as possible, without spending a fortune
The economy flight looks to be around £1500 so any tips or routes to look out for to make this work would be appreciated
I have found this which might work, I'd just have to position in DUB
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
MAD drops it to £1527 on those dates. But yes the AY fare appears to be your best bet.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Oli Venn
I've got to go to Seattle to start work commencing the week beginning 11th July. My company will only pay for me to go economy with BA direct from LHR-SEA flying 10th and returning on the evening of 15th, if I want to fly any other class or route I just have to pay the difference
I have zero tier points currently but I'm silver status and my year end is August so can re-qualify with 300 tier points which means I want to get as close to the 300 on this trip as possible, without spending a fortune
The economy flight looks to be around £1500 so any tips or routes to look out for to make this work would be appreciated
What about still starting in Dublin and going via LHR? You'd get a few more TPs, but get the bonus of some quality time in Cathay Lounge in T3 and the A350 both ways to and from HEL. Same price on those dates.
Attached Images  
abraxias and Oli Venn like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Check to see how much it is to do a multi-city and end in LHR. Sometimes with the Finnair fares it is only marginally more.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
MAD drops it to £1527 on those dates. But yes the AY fare appears to be your best bet.
I've tried looking for this but can't seem to find it are you able to share an example?

What about still starting in Dublin and going via LHR? You'd get a few more TPs, but get the bonus of some quality time in Cathay Lounge in T3 and the A350 both ways to and from HEL. Same price on those dates.
Thanks - Would my bags be checked all the way through to Dublin or would I be able to get away with stopping in LHR on the return?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC
I've tried looking for this but can't seem to find it are you able to share an example?

Thanks - Would my bags be checked all the way through to Dublin or would I be able to get away with stopping in LHR on the return?
Good question. Ideally you would be HBO. But you may be able to ask to get bags checked only to London and claim you need them for the long layover or something. Never attempted this before so maybe someone else has a better answer. Blowing off the last leg shouldn't be a problem otherwise, as long as you don't make a habit of it.
Oli Venn likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you don't need the extra TPs from that leg, you can arrange for the final flight to Dublin to depart from LCY or LGW, and you can guarantee the bag will only be checked through to LHR. Then you can stumble upon some awful traffic on your way to the connecting airport and miss that flight. Whoops.

(But, yes, don't make a habit of it!)
Oli Venn likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
For those in the baltics HEL-AGP or HEL-LIS can be had for approx 260-270gbp oneway (or slightly less if booking as return) --> these are both 140tp journeys each way.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I see a few people have mentioned struggling when it comes to pricing up a BUD-HNL run with BA, but wondered if anyone had any recent success? It's been a while since I've done something like this but I didn't seem to have much of an issue previously.

Another aspect, I'd ideally like to use some FTVs if possible. Has anyone booked such a run with an FTV?

Cheers,
~S
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
i managed to get a BA schedule booked (with a slight tweak from ITA matrix) using multi leg on ba.com - but this was the only one i found. I booked another one ( with mrs wj, to OGG) but had to use AA.

I think someone has mentioned that the problem lies with the lack of available married segments for BA out of JFK/BOS - AA seem to have more of these available in I class.

i think both of my schedules are further up the thread. good luck , wj
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;

I'm not sure i actually posted this above. all BA numbers
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:49 am

Good question. Ideally you would be HBO. But you may be able to ask to get bags checked only to London and claim you need them for the long layover or something. Never attempted this before so maybe someone else has a better answer. Blowing off the last leg shouldn't be a problem otherwise, as long as you don't make a habit of it.
Originally Posted by saccosekk
If you don't need the extra TPs from that leg, you can arrange for the final flight to Dublin to depart from LCY or LGW, and you can guarantee the bag will only be checked through to LHR. Then you can stumble upon some awful traffic on your way to the connecting airport and miss that flight. Whoops.

(But, yes, don't make a habit of it!)
I think I'm going to go with this as it means I don't have to be in Dublin the night before and also my return leg to Dublin on the Sunday might get missed if I accidently sleep in

Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:09 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
I see a few people have mentioned struggling when it comes to pricing up a BUD-HNL run with BA, but wondered if anyone had any recent success? It's been a while since I've done something like this but I didn't seem to have much of an issue previously.

Another aspect, I'd ideally like to use some FTVs if possible. Has anyone booked such a run with an FTV?

Cheers,
~S
Had a bit of help, but booked BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-KOA-LAX-BOS-LHR-HEL-BUD for £1350 & 1020 TPs.

Booked on a BA ticket and have UUA'd the TATL legs.

M
Markie, MaxFlyer, squawk and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.