Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing 50% Avios Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think it is 12 months from the original date so up to October 2021. Also a number of people have reported in this thread not being allowed to change beyond the original travel period up to June 2021.
I suspected so.

I was however able to change so that my return is in July
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: QF Gold
So this one might be too obscure... if one of these cancelled flights is rebooked on a JV partner such as QR, what would then happen when doing another date change on that rebooked flight? I'm guessing if it was rebooked in a QR redemption bucket then a date change might be possible based on redemption availability, or (more likely) it's either that date or a refund minus £30?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wellsy
So this one might be too obscure... if one of these cancelled flights is rebooked on a JV partner such as QR, what would then happen when doing another date change on that rebooked flight? I'm guessing if it was rebooked in a QR redemption bucket then a date change might be possible based on redemption availability, or (more likely) it's either that date or a refund minus £30?
It's not clear to me whether you mean QR changes it, or you want to change it. If the latter, then yes, you either need redemption availability or you get a refund, in both cases there is a fee of £35 per person.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's not clear to me whether you mean QR changes it, or you want to change it. If the latter, then yes, you either need redemption availability or you get a refund, in both cases there is a fee of £35 per person.
Great thanks, the second change would be me voluntarily making a date change, but staying on QR. Apologies I should've made it clearer this is for SYD-LHR - so BA availability is a no-go for the window of these tickets.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:43 am

BA16 onto QR

So I'm stumbling even at the first hurdle! BA are refusing to rebook a cancelled BA16 SYD-LHR onto QR even when there's redemption availability on the new dates. I'm told the rules changed on 15-Dec and several managers are 100% that rebooking onto QR from SYD with Avios tickets is not allowed. Obviously they've offered to refund and rebook - at four times the cost.

Though looking at the Standard Customer Guidelines (Joint Business QR) Sydney doesn't seem to be included under the JB

https://www.britishairways.com/en-au...#cancellations
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's not a JB route I understand.

You need to look under the specific country guidelines. For QR and SYD this is here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8075

They are correct that the allowance to rebook SYD on to QR only applied for travel dates up to 15 December 2020.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It's not a JB route I understand.

You need to look under the specific country guidelines. For QR and SYD this is here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8075

They are correct that the allowance to rebook SYD on to QR only applied for travel dates up to 15 December 2020.
Wow, I must've spent days on that site during Covid and I didn't see that one! Thanks for digging that out though.

I guess that rules out even a same-date rebooking too.

For the last roll of the dice, I assume a standard guideline rebooking with the JL joint business doesn't stretch this far down?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Choices

So email from BA and just bumped from F to CW from HKG and a flight time change. Problem with change is apart from downgrade my wife's visa isn't valid until the next day and the flight change dumps us into Heathrow the day before...doh...
am I correct my options are:
- Call up and change the date to when F is operating. Seats should be opened up if available whether avios or revenue
- If downgraded again, then would be able to do another free change of date to reinstate F- 75% avios refund for downgrade is due . Contact after flight and if accepting CW downgrade. CEDR if necessary
is that correct?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
My Business Partner is in China at the moment (flew out in October). Had booked her a PKX-LHR-NCL in F (50% avios) for 20th Feb. The flight was cancelled in December and rather than get something new booked I thought we would wait until closer to the time (to see what the real options were). There wasn't much available so she stayed there and continued working but will probably come back in around 2 weeks time. The simplest method would probably be PVG-FRA-MAN with LH in F. Am I right in saying this should be possible based on the following BA waiver: HERE? BA via HKG isn't an option due to the flight timing.

Last edited by pogonation; Mar 11, 2021 at 9:54 am
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
So there could be a sting in the tail (also tale) here... but it seems like they switched my utterly broken CW LHR <-> JFK flights in April for ones in August without any drama.

They didn't mention any additional taxes or Avios, so I'm assuming there aren't any? But I guess I'll have to wait until the tickets come in to see what's going on (they're showing on MMB).
Been a week on this now, still no ticket.

How long should I give before chasing them on it? At some point I need to tell my friend so she can book her time off.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Another data point on rebooking.

Moved LAX trip successfully and without fuss to October following a cancellation, agent firm on not breaking the one year validity. Although she did say it was possible but would need to pay full price (eg still didn’t need redemption space).
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
My Business Partner is in China at the moment (flew out in October). Had booked her a PKX-LHR-NCL in F (50% avios) for 20th Feb. The flight was cancelled in December and rather than get something new booked I thought we would wait until closer to the time (to see what the real options were). There wasn't much available so she stayed there and continued working but will probably come back in around 2 weeks time. The simplest method would probably be PVG-FRA-MAN with LH in F. Am I right in saying this should be possible based on the following BA waiver: HERE? BA via HKG isn't an option due to the flight timing.
I don't see why not, certainly worth a go. Surprised it doesn't have specific exclusions for F !

There is also a Saturday Finnair flight to Manchester, I can't see in the policies why that'd be an option but they may be more amenable to a OW routing
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
No ticket as of yet... making me nervous.
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Manual ticketing for far off dates has been taking weeks for me so I wouldn't be worrying yet!
Been a week on this now, still no ticket.

How long should I give before chasing them on it? At some point I need to tell my friend so she can book her time off.
I rebooked an award FTV for August flight dates on 6 March. That was reissued this morning. From my point of view, surprised and delighted: I was expecting to wait another couple of weeks.

Mine needed a significant add collect, so I wouldn't be surprised if those are prioritised so that the credit card security number doesn't drop out. I can't remember how long they stay for before they're automatically deleted, but if it's a week then that could be an explanation for it having been reissued today, as it would save ticketing having to chase me by phone.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sammyg901
I don't see why not, certainly worth a go. Surprised it doesn't have specific exclusions for F !

There is also a Saturday Finnair flight to Manchester, I can't see in the policies why that'd be an option but they may be more amenable to a OW routing
Thanks for your response. I spoke to BA and they did say that swapping onto LX/LH F would be allowed (after checking if we could change from PKX to PVG) but only up until 31st March. He didn't seem to think the rule would be extended beyond that date but I might just hold out another week. He made a note in the booking to the effect that the change to LX would be allowed under rule XXX.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Thanks for your response. I spoke to BA and they did say that swapping onto LX/LH F would be allowed (after checking if we could change from PKX to PVG) but only up until 31st March. He didn't seem to think the rule would be extended beyond that date but I might just hold out another week. He made a note in the booking to the effect that the change to LX would be allowed under rule XXX.
Be kinda strange if it wasn't extended, the April / early May schedule is pretty gutted. These things are usually quite last minute so definitely worth holding out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.